[Guide][ZE500CL][RECOVER] [Unbrick][Dead] Bring Back to life your zenfone 2 ZE500CL

Search This thread

sukhwant717

Mar 17, 2015
Amritsar
For Ze500CL only! If you got No Fastboot, No recovery, No Display, hard bricked your device.You must perform sequential steps indicated below, process will include many small steps. Plz make sure to perform all steps in same sequence and same manner as prescribed. Remove all drivers related to mobile you have installed earlier.

Step 1: Install the driver and connect mode IntelSocUSB IntelSoc:

This Is the driver which help a computer connecte to your Zen2 IntelSoc mode. To install these driver you need to perform special steps if you are using windows 8 / 8.1, 10 . you need to disable driver signature enforcement before installing drivers. below i have mentioned steps needed to install driver for various versions of windows. but first download the needed driver from link given below.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwR0JGeFI2U3FUZ2c

Step 1.1 - how to install these drivers:

If you're using Windows 7:

Right-click the file - iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0 choose "Run as Administrator".
Make The installation steps as usual until you see a small window "Windows Security" requires authentication settings then click on the "install this driver software anyway"

After This step, the driver installation is finished, continue to section 1.2 for connecting IntelSoc.

If you're using Windows 8 / 8.1 :
On Keyboard press Windows + I to show charm bar in the right corner,
click on the option setting. Choose "Change PC Settings" to enter the PC Settings.
Choose the General tab and navigate to Advanced Startup section, continue click Restart now.
This will reboot windows and allows you access to the advanced mode, now select the following options: Troubleshoot - -Startup Settings Advanced Options and then click the Restart button to restart the computer.

now you will see screen with various options numbered from 1. Find disable driver signature enforcement. And press the appropriate number on keyboard your pc will reboot

Now Right-click the file - iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0 choose "Run as Administrator".
Make The installation steps as usual until you see a small window "Windows Security" requires authentication settings then click on the "install this driver software anyway"

After This step, the driver installation is finished, continue to section 1.2

If you're using Windows 10 :

On Keyboard press Windows + I or click Start, select Settings.
In The Settings window, select the Update & security.
Continue Choose recovery and click "Restart now".
When The computer has access to the Advanced screen you will see screen with various options numbered from 1. Find disable driver signature enforcement. And press the appropriate number on keyboard your pc will reboot

Now Right-click the file - iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0 choose "Run as Administrator".

1.2 Connect Zenfone with computer IntelSoc Mode:

Now you must complete this step before installing xfstk downloader. it helps to setup device's connection to PC

on your pc open device manager and find Intel Soc.
Click to expand it. You will see a single option under here.
Connect your phone to computer via USB cable,

now back to the phone, hold power button for 10 seconds to shutdown completely, then press simultaneously the key "power" + "volume down", until phone vibrates. Or computer makes detection sound, wait a few seconds. it will add an item immediately below intelSoC in device manager “MOOREFIELD” new devices is connected successful.

Now Download intel android USB Driver and install normally from link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwSU5CdDNuUElEcUE

1.3 Installing xfstk-downloader:

installation of xFSTK is very simple. download xFSTK setup from the link below. to install. right click the setup file and run as Administrator. click next next simply until you finish the download process
Here is the download link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRweDdfMjlPOGEyTW8
Now to Unbrick Process.

Using xFSTK to unbrick the Device:

Required Files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwRTRCMlJJcVB2a2M
After downloading the necessary files extract it. It will contain 5 files which will be used to bring your phone back to life.
Now Run xFSTK as Administrator. Now click “CLVP A0 / B0 / B1” last option bottom right hand.
Then Go to Options to change the value of gp flag. Tick GP value over ride, in the Value Section change value to 0x80000245. Now tick Include softfuse file. And select the file Named “signed_CLVP_CSAP_SoftFuseFile_PF450CL” from extracted files. Change the detection timeout value to 180. And click okay.
Now select Firmware files FW DnX: and IFWI: by clicking small three dots:- CLVp_CSAP_FWR_DnX_20.3E.bin and IFWI_v91.15_CSAP_MFG.bin from extracted
Now select operating system: OS DnX - CLVp_CSAP_OS_DnX_20.3E.bin, OS image - droidboot.img.POS_sign.bin from extracted files.

Now see the Device Status section below, this section shows the number of connected target (devices) , you need at least one device is connected., if not try hold power button for 10 seconds to make sure it power downs completely. then hold the volume down button and click power button. wait till device vibrate or computer makes detection sound. leave power button but keep holding the volume button for few seconds.

As you see connected target. Click begin download to start implementation. You may get error multiple time. But repeat the process again and again. Untill you see FW+OS download complete.
After that you may seea 4 color, just like some TV stations stop broadcasting on TV. You have to wait a little. after few seconds or minutes device will boot into bootloader. If not repeat the xFSTK process again.

Flash Raw Firmware Using Asus Flash Tool:

Required Files:
Asus Flash Tool: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwUDZqa0M4SWRObVE
Raw Firmware File: https://yadi.sk/d/LNzLj8mMyytyL

Download Asus Flash Tool and install. Run asus flash tool as administrator. And select the phone model. Then select the downloaded raw file and click start button to flash.
Note: sometimes flash process may go endless. If this happens remove the usb from computer. Kill asus flashtool process from task manager. Now run tool again and flash.

Last edited:

waltermaffy

Jun 28, 2014
Hi dude, thank you very much for your guide and your help but I still have some problems that I cant resolve.
Firstly in order to make my phone detected by my pc i need to powercycling it pressing "Power + vol up" and not down as you mentioned. I followed any step of your guide but every time I click begin download the bar under the usb logo on my phone it became red and the download did not complete and abort it self. Did you know how to solve this issue ?

sukhwant717

Mar 17, 2015
Amritsar
Hi dude, thank you very much for your guide and your help but I still have some problems that I cant resolve.
Firstly in order to make my phone detected by my pc i need to powercycling it pressing "Power + vol up" and not down as you mentioned. I followed any step of your guide but every time I click begin download the bar under the usb logo on my phone it became red and the download did not complete and abort it self. Did you know how to solve this issue ?

as i mentioned in my guide. very first of all remove all kind of mobile related drivers and xfstk tood if you already installed. it is very important to install soc driver before installing xFSTK. moreover before installing xFSTK and after installing isoc driver you need to power cycle and connect your device to pc. and use volume down button. change the right flag value. and when using xfstk. load files. click begin download. when it start waiting for device then power cycle it. it will itself force into download.

Last edited:

fabi.m

Oct 30, 2016
Venezuela
so after flashing raw fw and booting up it suddenly is carrier locked and is askig for a "SIM network unlock pin" i tried flashing a different ROM and the problem persists.. any suggestions? My device was unlocked previous to this..

sukhwant717

Mar 17, 2015
Amritsar
so after flashing raw fw and booting up it suddenly is carrier locked and is askig for a "SIM network unlock pin" i tried flashing a different ROM and the problem persists.. any suggestions? My device was unlocked previous to this..
don't use wrong code. you will lock permanently. i will give you unlock code soon

Last edited:
Reactions: fabi.m

lee3lions

Jul 29, 2016
xFSTK. will not open for me. I followed all the steps and I run xFSTK. as Administrator. It asks me if I want to allow it to run. I click Yes, but nothing happens. When I look in Task Manager it is not there?>
My OS is Windows 10.
Any ideas?

xda26

Mar 5, 2016
1485286549445.jpg1485286570316.jpg

Can't detect my device

Sent from my HTC One M9 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

heleno7jr

Nov 6, 2016
---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

[/COLOR]help help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For Ze500CL only! If you got No Fastboot, No recovery, No Display, hard bricked your device.You must perform sequential steps indicated below, process will include many small steps. Plz make sure to perform all steps in same sequence and same manner as prescribed. Remove all drivers related to mobile you have installed earlier.

Step 1: Install the driver and connect mode IntelSocUSB IntelSoc:

This Is the driver which help a computer connecte to your Zen2 IntelSoc mode. To install these driver you need to perform special steps if you are using windows 8 / 8.1, 10 . you need to disable driver signature enforcement before installing drivers. below i have mentioned steps needed to install driver for various versions of windows. but first download the needed driver from link given below.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwR0JGeFI2U3FUZ2c

Step 1.1 - how to install these drivers:

If you're using Windows 7:

Right-click the file - iSocUSB-Driver-Setup-1.2.0 choose "Run as Administrator".

After This step, the driver installation is finished, continue to section 1.2 for connecting IntelSoc.

If you're using Windows 8 / 8.1 :
    On Keyboard press Windows + I to show charm bar in the right corner,
    click on the option setting. Choose "Change PC Settings" to enter the PC Settings.
    Choose the General tab and navigate to Advanced Startup section, continue click Restart now.
    This will reboot windows and allows you access to the advanced mode, now select the following options: Troubleshoot - -Startup Settings Advanced Options and then click the Restart button to restart the computer.

now you will see screen with various options numbered from 1. Find disable driver signature enforcement. And press the appropriate number on keyboard your pc will reboot

If you're using Windows 10 :

On Keyboard press Windows + I or click Start, select Settings.
    In The Settings window, select the Update & security.
    Continue Choose recovery and click "Restart now".
    When The computer has access to the Advanced screen you will see screen with various options numbered from 1. Find disable driver signature enforcement. And press the appropriate number on keyboard your pc will reboot

1.2 Connect Zenfone with computer IntelSoc Mode:

Now you must complete this step before installing xfstk downloader. it helps to setup device's connection to PC

on your pc open device manager and find Intel Soc.
    Click to expand it. You will see a single option under here.
    Connect your phone to computer via USB cable,

now back to the phone, hold power button for 10 seconds to shutdown completely, then press simultaneously the key "power" + "volume down", until phone vibrates. Or computer makes detection sound, wait a few seconds. it will add an item immediately below intelSoC in device manager “MOOREFIELD” new devices is connected successful.

Now Download intel android USB Driver and install normally from link below:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwSU5CdDNuUElEcUE

1.3 Installing xfstk-downloader:

installation of xFSTK is very simple. download xFSTK setup from the link below. to install. right click the setup file and run as Administrator. click next next simply until you finish the download process
    Here is the download link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRweDdfMjlPOGEyTW8
    Now to Unbrick Process.

Using xFSTK to unbrick the Device:

Required Files:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwRTRCMlJJcVB2a2M
    After downloading the necessary files extract it. It will contain 5 files which will be used to bring your phone back to life.
    Now Run xFSTK as Administrator. Now click “CLVP A0 / B0 / B1” last option bottom right hand.
    Then Go to Options to change the value of gp flag. Tick GP value over ride, in the Value Section change value to 0x80000245. Now tick Include softfuse file. And select the file Named “signed_CLVP_CSAP_SoftFuseFile_PF450CL” from extracted files. Change the detection timeout value to 180. And click okay.
    Now select Firmware files FW DnX: and IFWI: by clicking small three dots:- CLVp_CSAP_FWR_DnX_20.3E.bin and IFWI_v91.15_CSAP_MFG.bin from extracted
    Now select operating system: OS DnX - CLVp_CSAP_OS_DnX_20.3E.bin, OS image - droidboot.img.POS_sign.bin from extracted files.

Now see the Device Status section below, this section shows the number of connected target (devices) , you need at least one device is connected., if not try hold power button for 10 seconds to make sure it power downs completely. then hold the volume down button and click power button. wait till device vibrate or computer makes detection sound. leave power button but keep holding the volume button for few seconds.

As you see connected target. Click begin download to start implementation. You may get error multiple time. But repeat the process again and again. Untill you see FW+OS download complete.
    After that you may seea 4 color, just like some TV stations stop broadcasting on TV. You have to wait a little. after few seconds or minutes device will boot into bootloader. If not repeat the xFSTK process again.

Flash Raw Firmware Using Asus Flash Tool:

Required Files:
    Asus Flash Tool: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B72QQTXqZSRwUDZqa0M4SWRObVE
    Raw Firmware File: https://yadi.sk/d/LNzLj8mMyytyL

Download Asus Flash Tool and install. Run asus flash tool as administrator. And select the phone model. Then select the downloaded raw file and click start button to flash.
    Note: sometimes flash process may go endless. If this happens remove the usb from computer. Kill asus flashtool process from task manager. Now run tool again and flash.

as i mentioned in my guide. very first of all remove all kind of mobile related drivers and xfstk tood if you already installed. it is very important to install soc driver before installing xFSTK. moreover before installing xFSTK and after installing isoc driver you need to power cycle and connect your device to pc. and use volume down button. change the right flag value. and when using xfstk. load files. click begin download. when it start waiting for device then power cycle it. it will itself force into download.
    if i bricked my phone but i can enter fastboot mode can i recover it using the asus flashtool?

yes definitely you can do it.. download raw firmware and sew it.. if asus flash tool fails. do tell me. i will try to write manual commands to flash.
    don't use wrong code. you will lock permanently. i will give you unlock code soon
    Excuse me, @sukhwant717
    I have a problem:
    My friend gives me an hard bricked Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL, so I tried to unbrick it with this your guide.
    The problem is in the step 1.2: I follow the guide carefully, but in device manager "MOOREFIELD" doesn't appear.
    Anyway I tried to continue, but in xFSTK the device isn't seen connected. If i try to hold power button for 10 seconds, then hold the volume down button and click power button, the device is seen connected only for one second.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks in advance for your attention.
    Regards.

are you using windows 10? if yes disable driver signature enforcement and install driver after every reboot it is enabled itself. if drivers properly installed, connect phone to pc and turn it off completely by holding power button for 10 seconds. change device detection timeout to 120 click begin download xfst will start waiting for device then simply turn on phone with power button.