This thread is designed to organize ZGPAX Discussion.
I will begin by posting what i have learned and if others have mods or useful information, OP will be updated.
Please feel free to PM me, and drop a line. ADD ME ON FACEBOOK - all that is in my xda profile to the left
Also, if you are interested you can mail me your ZGPAX via USPS and i will root/ install the modification listed. For more Information PM me with your inquiry!
Also We can Skype/Video Call / Hangouts Video Call for the watches that i mod
Using Next Launcher 3D
Running NEXT LAUNCHER 3D -
Tablet Talk Notification TEst / Misc Testing
Awesome ON / OFF Application
Stock Test Run
ZGPAX Running Dreamcast Emulator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmdEl9yAvI
ZGPAX Running Playstation - Tekken 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzPNHKuWfbo
ZGPAX Playing Shinobi via M.A.M.E w/PS3 Controller https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNFyWJXZcLQ
ZGPAX Quadrant Standard Benchmark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUGlLVXJ77U
SOFT BRICK OR STUCK in a BOOTLOOP? REVERT TO STOCK
- TWRP is required to use the following backup. Please make sure you still have it installed and are able to access it.
- Download the stock OS backup Here http://www.4shared.com/zip/dxnYQfmpba/stock_zgpax.html
- You need to be able to access your SD Card, if not you may need to use an external SD. Navigate to /SD Card/TWRP/Backup (or create the folder if it doesn't exist). Next you need to make a folder called Stock ZGPAX. Then your are going to place the files you downloaded here from the link above.
- IF you cannot access your SD Card, try using an external MicroSD card. You will have to make the /TWRP/Backup Directory and Folder yourself... and then place the files in there manually.
- Finally, you will REBOOT into TWRP and Navigate to the restore option. Look for your folder there and restore this backup.
- Just install "framaroot.apk or sideload to the watch's internal storage and install - Do not ask for links, just google it
- To install TWRP, you can download and install RECOVERY TOOLS for Free. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mkrtchyan.recoverytools
- Next download to Internal SD This TWRP image https://www.dropbox.com/s/05818ubth99f2x9/twrprecovery.img and UI.Zip https://www.dropbox.com/s/f59htzer97tvliz/ui.zip
- --Open Recovery Tools - Select FLASH OTHER RECOVERY - Locate and Select the twrp.IMG file you downloaded and hit YES. Continue to flash...
- --Download UI.zip Here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=52782588&postcount=892 Make sure you place it in --> Internal Storage/TWRP/theme - (you are actually going to make this folder yourself)
- --Reboot into recovery (Hold down back+power) and you should see twrp.
STOCK ANALOG CLOCK LOCKSCREEN / SCREENSAVER BYPASS
This will prevent the stock lockscreen analog clock and launcher from showing up when you press the power button to turn the screen off
Requirements: ADW or other 3rd party launcher/Root Access/RomToolbox/"NO LOCK" Free application on google play
- Be sure you have root, and you have already installed ADW or a 3rd party launcher and ROM TOOLBOX or equivalent.
- Step 1: Download "NO LOCK" from play store... Yellow iPhone looking app icon. Or Bluetooth transfer / side-load application to internal storage and INSTALL
- Step 2: Go into SETTINGS >> APPS >>> ALL TAB >> Navigate to COM.SZKCT.ACTIVITY and click on it >>> Force STOP & DISABLE if possible
- OPTIONAL: If you would like this to stick after reboot: GO TO ROM TOOLBOX >> APP MANAGER >> ALL >>> Locate COM.SZKCT.ACTIVITY and FREEZE the package.
INVERTED GOOGLE PLAY STORE
View attachment 2488657
- This application just looks a whole lot better on our device. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ka1zpew0r2rqpsp/Inverted_Google_Play_Store_4.5.10.zip?m=
SMS & INCOMING CALL NOTIFICATIONS
Thus far, the only app i have verified to work RELIABLY is TABLET TALK, which is currently $2.99 in the PLAY Store.
You may need to install PIE CONTROLS to have the MENU BUTTON functionality first. PIE is free in play store - Afterwards:
- Install on Both, android phone and the smart watch.
- On the android phone you are using, setup the device in settings >> at the bottom >> The phone should be selected as PHONE
- On the smart watch, go into the same settings menu at the bottom >> The device should be selected as tablet
- On both devices, you should press the bluetooth icon.... Both will turn yellow, and then GREEN, when they paid. DONE!
Using a TOOLBOX / RooT app (such as Rom TOOLBOX or Trickstermod) recommendations below to help performance and battery.
- Scheduler --> Change I/O to DEADLINE - This will increase SD Card read Speeds --> The stock is CFG, Deadline is usually faster!
- Governor ---> Try ON DEMAND Governor. Can help eliminate over-heating without sacrificing performance. Stock is Hybrid
- .A number of apps will not fit within the visible area of the device without changing the DPI. Confirmed that Xposed and App settings works with the ZGPAX and can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2072081. For example, in the ADW popup dialog you cannot change screen borders or change wallpaper until you change the DPI to 100.
Some useful good apps that install and work for this device. Will update frequently with your help:
- Battery Monitor Widget - This widget may help updating the battery percent and reflect more accurately at all times.
- Awesome ON OFF - Similar to galaxy gear, turning the watch activates screen on, with vibrate
- Shake Screen ON OFF by Freebooks - Simple shake to turn the screen on or off - no need to use home button
- CPU SPY is good for monitoring deep sleep... in case you install an app that keeps the device awake.
- ADW EX Launcher - 4x4 grid is perfect, runs smoothly, can stretch clock widgets and such
- Active Apps - Good for clearing apps and Ram in one convenient location
- DigiClock - Large 4x4 clock with built in themes
- Frama Root - For quick rooting
- Google Maps - Be sure to actually download and install from the playstore or it may not work
- NO Lock - Removes lockscreen and you can sleep / wake watch from whichever home screen you left off at
- PIE controls - So you don't have to always be hitting the hardware POWER and Back buttons... also allows many toggles
- ROM TOOLBOX - All root tools, file explorer, boot animation etc etc