[Guides & Links] TOUCHWIZ UNIFIED MODS THREAD

Search This thread

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
@daxgirl
You can help to add the ability to select the GIF-animation?
Hey! What's up?

1. It's possible to select animation in gif. Sure.
2. Unfortunately using gif in Android is not recommended by the documentation. Hence, as you can see, we never engaged in discussions about gif. Setting notification panel as gif is not a problem. Problem is the resources it kills by tons.
3. As a rule in our guides mods and programs we adhere to documentation, especially with things like gif. If you care about your roms at all, you will not be using gifs. It's a very ill advised thing. Android provides a way to build animations especially to make sure no joker is using gif.
4. When you think about putting gif as notification panel it's even worse. It's a constantly working rendering. I would advise against it. Strongly!
5. I have seen some joker's system background set to matrix gif last night. It's really sad how abusive "developers" are willing to be to their devices. And users. Lol. Becasue I got dizzy from looking at it for 5 seconds.

Word of advice, leave the gif where it belongs. On the Web Development (even there it's considered out of scope today and they are moving to more efficient animated formats). It's not necessarily "cool" to shove every possible thing into rom. It's much cooler when the rom is stable, has only customizations that can improve overall expirience, and is user and battery friendly.

Just my thoughts and some info. Gifs are bad for android. Especially as background. Avoid at all cost.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

K

kbythwood

Guys you're not kids. You're on development thread. The guide doesn't work - adapt it. That's the LEAST you can try when someone already did the work from scratch for you. Sure I can do that. It's quite easy. But for so many reasons, I think I really shouldn't. Despite huge effort to make guides comprehensive so people understand what they are doing, I come here (rarely enough, I admit) and see that nothing changes. I am sure someone can make it work on grace ux. it's still android. Miss ya all guys!!! keeping busy these days!!!

To be Clear!!!
On your cavaliere respect for others
I never complained about about your guide I found it helpful
I don't follow you or tag you I only the subject at hand
Ive seen that you have not only been rude to me but to other members as well
lve been with XDA since 2008 and never heard of you until
now you don't own me anything and l don't expect anything from you
My self and along other appreciate the knowledge youve have
shared
But that doesn't give you and any one else the right to tell
other members where when and what to post
Again I didn't post my findings only for you or to be rude to you
I shared my fiinding to the XDA community hoping that it
would help someone else trying to do the same thing or who have had the same experience with the updated Systemul
Since I've been with XDA thats what its been about
I posted the same thing on other threads too not trying to
be rude and I didn't get rude responses
as I said before my post is only to communicate with anyone working on the new SystemUI

With your guide and modifications to the Rom Control and SystemUI l solved the problem with the new SystemUI changing from Stock to Rounded Notification
This is your thread and out of respect for you I won't post
Think you for help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20131231-194651.jpg
    Screenshot_20131231-194651.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 402

_alex74_

Recognized Themer
Nov 11, 2012
FVG
I have seen some joker's system background set to matrix gif last night. It's really sad how abusive "developers" are willing to be to their devices. And users. Lol. Becasue I got dizzy from looking at it for 5 seconds.

lol my dear,

the matrix effect on system is not a gif but a smali code, and it was a test performed by me and @thereassaad with the @sylsau code.
Why you judge it without knowing it? this make me sad...... you call us abusive and jokers.....

darling ... :(:(:(

i like matrix code:D:D

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
lol my dear,

the matrix effect on system is not a gif but a smali code, and it was a test performed by me and @thereassaad with the @sylsau code.
Why you judge it without knowing it? this make me sad...... you call us abusive and jokers.....

darling ... :(:(:(

i like matrix code:D:D
Dear, "joker" is meant as a fun name. And I meant "abusive" as in "abusing resources". Abuse is not a curse word. It means using to extreme. Over using to extreme. I have no idea who made it. I told DaOldMan who showed it to me the following "I think it's cool, but it makes me dizzy". The "cool" part being in ADMIRATION of whoever made it. Joker is not an offensive word either. I later least not meant that way by me. My post was strictly from android point of view. I just brought the matrix thing as example. True, I had no idea how it was made. Was sure it was a gif.

So no offence intended. I'll see you on telegram. But in a general note, you should dial down the sensitivity sensor. Lol. I'm just a friend. As you very well know. And in any case I was not talking to you or about you.

As for you being sad... it's all in your head dear. In the world there are way more important things to make us sad. No matter how xda gets, it's not worth being sad.

Cheers, dear, and back to topic.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

To be Clear!!!
On your cavaliere respect for others
I never complained about about your guide I found it helpful
I don't follow you or tag you I only the subject at hand
Ive seen that you have not only been rude to me but to other members as well
lve been with XDA since 2008 and never heard of you until
now you don't own me anything and l don't expect anything from you
My self and along other appreciate the knowledge youve have
shared
But that doesn't give you and any one else the right to tell
other members where when and what to post
Again I didn't post my findings only for you or to be rude to you
I shared my fiinding to the XDA community hoping that it
would help someone else trying to do the same thing or who have had the same experience with the updated Systemul
Since I've been with XDA thats what its been about
I posted the same thing on other threads too not trying to
be rude and I didn't get rude responses
as I said before my post is only to communicate with anyone working on the new SystemUI

With your guide and modifications to the Rom Control and SystemUI l solved the problem with the new SystemUI changing from Stock to Rounded Notification
This is your thread and out of respect for you I won't post
Think you for help
Your respectfulness is overwhelming. (Big LOL) Thumbs up and chill out ???
Now publish the findings you made to update for grace ui, since I understand many people are waiting for it.
Cheers, mate. Good luck ?

Last edited:

stangdriver44

Recognized Themer
Nov 16, 2006
Cali
I really liked the idea of this mod and definitely will find it useful, however the invisible button creates a void area where the clock/button are and this makes that area lose the "pull-down" ability for the notification panel access.

Now I'm fine with the trade off and can easily adjust where I pull down to get to the notification panel.

Being a ROM builder who would rather not hear users bitching or making requests to remove this or add that I pretty much will not add a mod unless I can have a toggle for it.

I can already hear users asking to remove this or make a flashable zip to add it!!

I don't like hearing these kind of requests!!

TOGGLES ARE KEY!!!

[GUIDE ADDITION] for Clicking on the clock in the status bar opens the application.with TOGGLE

so to toggle this you just need to make some additional lines for the toggle

Same as the Original guide the edits are in the

Change this
Code:
.method public constructor <init>(Landroid/content/Context;Landroid/util/AttributeSet;I)V
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]new-instance v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$24;

invoke-direct {v0, p0, p1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$24;-><init>(Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;Landroid/content/Context;)V

invoke-virtual {p0, v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;->setOnClickListener(Landroid/view/View$OnClickListener;)V

new-instance v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$23;

invoke-direct {v0, p0, p1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$23;-><init>(Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;Landroid/content/Context;)V

invoke-virtual {p0, v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;->setOnLongClickListener(Landroid/view/View$OnLongClickListener;)V[/COLOR]

return-void

TO THIS

Code:
.method public constructor <init>(Landroid/content/Context;Landroid/util/AttributeSet;I)V
    .locals [COLOR="royalblue"]7[/COLOR] ### Increase locals 3 

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v4

invoke-virtual {v4}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v4

const-string v5, "sb_tap_clock_launcher"

const v6, 0x1

invoke-static {v4, v5, v6}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v4

if-eqz v4, :cond_oz
    new-instance v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$24;

invoke-direct {v0, p0, p1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$24;-><init>(Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;Landroid/content/Context;)V

invoke-virtual {p0, v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;->setOnClickListener(Landroid/view/View$OnClickListener;)V

new-instance v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$23;

invoke-direct {v0, p0, p1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$23;-><init>(Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;Landroid/content/Context;)V

invoke-virtual {p0, v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;->setOnLongClickListener(Landroid/view/View$OnLongClickListener;)V

:cond_oz[/COLOR]
    return-void

Rom Control edits to whatever xml.pref you choose

Code:
        <com.wubydax.romcontrol.v2.prefs.MySwitchPreference android:title="Enable Tap Clock Launcher" android:key="sb_tap_clock_launcher" android:defaultValue="true" android:summaryOn="Tap Clock Launcher Active" android:summaryOff="Tap Clock Launcher is disabled" app:packageNameToKill="com.android.systemui" app:isSilent="false" />
        <com.wubydax.romcontrol.v2.prefs.IntentDialogPreference android:key="press_clock_custom_app" android:title="Tap Clock App Selection\nLongpress launches Alarm mode" android:dependency="sb_tap_clock_launcher" app:intentSeparator="\##" />

Here is a link to the original mod files as well.

ClickClock.zip

credit for original guide goes to

@kep2008 he give credit to other in his post, thank you.

The same theory should work for the other click mods with some adjustments to your code if needed!!

THIS IS ONLY A GUIDE SHOWING ONE WAY OF GETTING THE TOGGLE. Your code may differ and need some minor adjustments!!!

If you take a little time to understand what you are doing and what the lines do rather then "Copy and Paste" you will benefit greatly and have a much better feeling of satisfaction that "YOU" created a mod!!

yash92duster

Jan 31, 2015
Chennai
Hello modders
I need small help

In MM, notification pull down panel is enabled by default on lock screen. Which is not good

Any way to disable it on lock screen:)

I can't find any thing related to it under lock screen section

Thank you

Last edited:

asc1977

Apr 15, 2012
Schwetzingen
hey @daxgirl,

nice to see you back here after a long time. i really miss your comments to posts here on XDA :D

i spend now my complete weekend to get your guided way for tint icons on white apps to work. now after reading every post of your guide 10 times ( Lol ) all is clear and i understand it. additional i do it now for battery percent and for left and centerclock which wasnt guided. All is working nice and on the fly. :D :D :D

now only two things missing for my completed statusbar. The battery icon and the notification icons. Both make me crazy at weekend and i didnt get that icons to work. Yes the notification icons i can color but i have no idea where to paste lines for the grey icons and the battery, the battery shoot me up. i worked in batterymeter.smali but also only fatal logcats. there must be a complete other way at the and of mod like the other things you showed up in your guides.

So after a fighting weekend with me and the SystemUI.apk i must come to here and ask you for help. Maybe if you have a little free time, and i know that two mods are only minutes for you, you can help me there to get the rest working on statusbar. not a complete guide. thats not nessesary, only the method to color it and the place where make changes to get it grey like we changed mIconTint to mStatusIconTint.

Hope you have time and helped me out of my wasted time at weekend

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
hey @daxgirl,

nice to see you back here after a long time. i really miss your comments to posts here on XDA :D

i spend now my complete weekend to get your guided way for tint icons on white apps to work. now after reading every post of your guide 10 times ( Lol ) all is clear and i understand it. additional i do it now for battery percent and for left and centerclock which wasnt guided. All is working nice and on the fly. :D :D :D

now only two things missing for my completed statusbar. The battery icon and the notification icons. Both make me crazy at weekend and i didnt get that icons to work. Yes the notification icons i can color but i have no idea where to paste lines for the grey icons and the battery, the battery shoot me up. i worked in batterymeter.smali but also only fatal logcats. there must be a complete other way at the and of mod like the other things you showed up in your guides.

So after a fighting weekend with me and the SystemUI.apk i must come to here and ask you for help. Maybe if you have a little free time, and i know that two mods are only minutes for you, you can help me there to get the rest working on statusbar. not a complete guide. thats not nessesary, only the method to color it and the place where make changes to get it grey like we changed mIconTint to mStatusIconTint.

Hope you have time and helped me out of my wasted time at weekend
Hey, my friend!
Unfortunately I only come from time to time to say hi. Nowadays I have no time for modding. Also the firmware on my rooted phone is quite old. I might need to find some clean grace ux Rom for s6.

Anyhow, I am currently doing some very unrelated development, not for android at all. Different languages, new endeavours... wuby is also kinda busy nowadays. So I highly doubt it will happen any time soon.

I know that troy managed to do the tint for the notification icons based on my example of the system icons. I am sure you guys in joined effort will beat it.

Best of luck to everyone!!! ???

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
Somewhere around here.....
Oh yes, that's right :)

I stuck in bootloop.with Notifications text color guide

Maybe i have to adapt code because my edits are not in classes2.dex but classes.dex....

Any idea ?

Hey did you get this to work? Mine were also in classes.dex not classes2.dex. So I proceeded to mod it and got in a boot loop as well. If you were able to get it to work, can you provide some detail to what changes you made? Many thanks my friend!!

asc1977

Apr 15, 2012
Schwetzingen
Hey, my friend!
Unfortunately I only come from time to time to say hi. Nowadays I have no time for modding. Also the firmware on my rooted phone is quite old. I might need to find some clean grace ux Rom for s6.

Anyhow, I am currently doing some very unrelated development, not for android at all. Different languages, new endeavours... wuby is also kinda busy nowadays. So I highly doubt it will happen any time soon.

I know that troy managed to do the tint for the notification icons based on my example of the system icons. I am sure you guys in joined effort will beat it.

Best of luck to everyone!!! ???
I geat it by my own.

NOTIFICATION ICONS COLORED ON THE FLY AND GET GREY ON WHITE APPS

After i read your comment i started again because i cant stop to find and get it. After i know how i must say why i didnt find before. So easy. Really easy. I think sometimes i must make a break and start again.

No only the battery icon but thats a really bad thing. Maybe i think i let it live and take 3MinitBattery instead of stock battery to solve it LOL

Reactions: juange

ikrom

Mar 31, 2013
Namangan
[Guides] How to change text color and background in gestures, in Call logs and Messages. Android 6.0.1
Screenshots
SecContacts_M.apk
Decompile SecContacts_M.apk copy pictures from archive and recompile
View attachment 3900434

SecMms_Epic_Common.apk
Decompile SecMms_Epic_Common.apk copy pictures from archive and recompile
View attachment 3900435

Twframework.jar
Go to smali\com\sec\android\touchwiz\animator\TwSweepTranslationFilter.smali
search .method constructor <init>(Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/widget/TwListView;Landroid/content/Context;)V
replace all method on
Code:
.method constructor <init>(Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/widget/TwListView;Landroid/content/Context;)V
    .registers 10

const/4 v6, 0x0

const v5, [COLOR="Blue"]-0x324571[/COLOR]    [COLOR="red"]## text color in gestures.  here color code in smali, you can write this color in hex but do not forget before "0x"  remove "-" . hex code example   0xffcdba8f   [/COLOR]

const/4 v4, 0x0

const/4 v3, 0x0

invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwAbsSweepAnimationFilter;-><init>()V

iput-boolean v6, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->DEBUGABLE:Z

const v0, [COLOR="blue"]-0x92a1ce[/COLOR]    [COLOR="red"]##left background color in gestures.  here color code in smali, you can write this color in hex but do not forget before "0x"  remove "-" . hex code example  0xff6d5e32 [/COLOR]

iput v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->leftColor:I

const v0, [COLOR="blue"]-0xa7bbf4[/COLOR]    [COLOR="red"]## right background color in gestures.  here color code in smali, you can write this color in hex but do not forget before "0x"  remove "-" . hex code example  0xff58440c [/COLOR]

iput v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->rightColor:I

iput-object v3, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mSweepRect:Landroid/graphics/Rect;

iput-object v3, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mSweepBitmap:Landroid/graphics/Bitmap;

iput-object v3, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mSweepListener:Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepListAnimator$OnSweepListener;

iput-object v3, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mDrawSweepBitmapDrawable:Landroid/graphics/drawable/BitmapDrawable;

iput-object v3, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mViewForeground:Landroid/view/View;

iput v4, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mEndXOfActionUpAnimator:F

iput v4, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mDeltaX:F

iput-object v3, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mSweepInfo:Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepListAnimator$SweepInfo;

const/16 v0, 0x50

iput v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mTextPaintSize:I

iput v5, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mSweepDirection:I

iput-object p2, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

iget v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->leftColor:I

invoke-direct {p0, v0}, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->initPaintWithAlphaAntiAliasing(I)Landroid/graphics/Paint;

move-result-object v0

iput-object v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mBgLeftGreen:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

iget v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->rightColor:I

invoke-direct {p0, v0}, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->initPaintWithAlphaAntiAliasing(I)Landroid/graphics/Paint;

move-result-object v0

iput-object v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mBgRightYellow:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

invoke-direct {p0, v5}, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->initPaintWithAlphaAntiAliasing(I)Landroid/graphics/Paint;

move-result-object v0

iput-object v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mTextPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mTextPaint:Landroid/graphics/Paint;

iget v1, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mTextPaintSize:I

int-to-float v1, v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Landroid/graphics/Paint;->setTextSize(F)V

iput-object p1, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mListView:Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/widget/TwListView;

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

const/16 v1, 0x10

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->convertDipToPixels(Landroid/content/Context;I)I

move-result v0

sput v0, Lcom/sec/android/touchwiz/animator/TwSweepTranslationFilter;->SWEEP_TEXT_PADDING_PX:I

return-void
.end method

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
#Guide For Power Menu Custom Background
Know there are 2 ways of doing this mod, one with rom_control and the other without it, so here we go :

Ok So i am trying to get this mod to work and doing everything that was in the guide, but I keep getting this same error when trying to smali the classes.dex again. Any help with the issue is much appreciated. Also I tried both adding my custom name to the path and leaving it as is and in no way would it compile back again. Thanks!

Attachments

• CustomBGFail.png
    CustomBGFail.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 208

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
[Guide] Custom Notification Background TEXT Color Android L

@tdunham is there an updated version of this for MM. In my Rom the edits are done in classes.dex not classes2.dex. Tried doing the mods in the classes.dex but got into a bootloop. I know @edzamber asked this already but did not see a reply or something related to it, so thought I would ask. Many thanks for reply!

thereassaad

Recognized Contributor
Aug 22, 2013
Bierut
@tdunham is there an updated version of this for MM. In my Rom the edits are done in classes.dex not classes2.dex. Tried doing the mods in the classes.dex but got into a bootloop. I know @edzamber asked this already but did not see a reply or something related to it, so thought I would ask. Many thanks for reply!

Definitely this guide not copy/paste mate , u need a bit more work on it , as it's need adjustment for path 1st then re edits for support ur device ,

JavixKGD

May 9, 2015
Definitely this guide not copy/paste mate , u need a bit more work on it , as it's need adjustment for path 1st then re edits for support ur device ,

Yeah I figured that there were some more edits. Just wanted to see if there was a guide elsewhere that I could compare to and go from there. I tried with this one but from LP to MM there are some changes at least in mine there are. Anyhow thanks for the reply @thereassaad. Appreciate the prompt reply from you as always sir! Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone