[Guides & Links] TOUCHWIZ UNIFIED MODS THREAD

Search This thread

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
Bro I could make a mistake by comparing ids on layout files because apktool gave me some id errors and I fixed ids similar to other layout files of stock. Can you check layout xml files on my previous post please ?

I had a first look into your files. Question: what files which include "quick_settings_brightness_dialog" part inside their names you have inside your original SystemUI.apk? Do you really have "sec_quick_settings_brightness_dialog.xml"? (I don't have this xml in my SystemUI.apk)

Last edited:

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
I had a first look into your files. Question: what files which include "quick_settings_brightness_dialog" part inside their names you have inside your original SystemUI.apk? Do you really have "sec_quick_settings_brightness_dialog.xml"? (I don't have this xml in my SystemUI.apk)
No I only dont have sec_quick... File on original ui but thought I have to add it to sysyemui and added it after changing ids

Many40

Nov 25, 2009
No I only dont have sec_quick... File on original ui but thought I have to add it to sysyemui and added it after changing ids

Ok, now I know. Don't add sec_quick_settings_brightness_dialog.xml if it doesn't exist in your original SystemUI.apk. Just do following:

Add this line:
Code:
<com.pekaka.systemui.killer.MemCleanView android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
after this line:
Code:
<com.android.systemui.settings.ToggleSlider android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/brightness_slider" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="@dimen/toggle_slider_height" android:layout_weight="1.0" systemui:text= [user=220439]@st[/user]ring/status_bar_settings_auto_brightness_label" />
into your existing files: quick_settings_brightness_dialog.xml and ns_quick_settings_brightness_dialog.xml
and copy killer_layout.xml of course
If after doing this with all other changes from the guide the button still doesn't show up, try what @ stangdriver44 suggested.

Last edited:
Reactions: cnkzlyr

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
yes, the access method was missing in the uploaded file, i remembered your instructions from last time and added it
will check the corrections, thank you

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

wow, it worked, it was that variable v2 instead of v24 that caused the problem
finally, you are brilliant man, the guide is really good and exhaustive, thanks

i will try adding a 'quick reboot' option on my own

hi, i again tried adding reboot recovery to 2 new Nougat ROM's and it works however reboot recovery shows 3 times in the power menu which is strange. @a.raul, your inputs please

Attachments

• photo_2018-05-10_14-57-33.jpg
    photo_2018-05-10_14-57-33.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

rick.wardenburg

Jan 1, 2016
Saint Joseph
Yeao thats why i'm asking, because a guy in a telegram group enabled it back in 7.1.1
sp7dSOL.jpg

xYqxqfG.jpg

and even a video, but i lost it LOL, he said he figured out it by himself, so i aked him how and he blocked me :confused::confused:
I think I figured out why Samsung isn't using the Samsung look sdk [memcleaner uses the airbutton] so that would be why it's not working on android nougat, so in com.sec.android.sdk whatever it is I'm sure you've seen it Idk if them files can be ported to use on nougat or not that's above me and for more of these experienced people here lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

snifing

Mar 7, 2014
Moscow Never Sleeps
www.youtube.com
Installing the application on the default memory card - Android 5.1.1
I used the app PaperArtist.apk
1. Decompile application
2. Open AndroidManifest.xml and add a
red line
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" [COLOR="red"]android:installLocation="preferExternal"[/COLOR] package="com.dama.paperartist" platformBuildVersionCode="22" platformBuildVersionName="5.1.1-T285XXU0AQH2">

Attachments

• oie_9l0pzE6BLMpx.jpg
    oie_9l0pzE6BLMpx.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Fix Color of Expanded header panel bg color

Hi guy.I have fixed my problem with my MM Samsung Galaxy Note Edge,but i think it's ok for all ;)
Open SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar_expanded_header.xml.
Found

and remplace by

You can use "remplace all" in notepad++ ;)

recompile :good:

Fix for Slider brightness and checkbox background.

Again, now,all color toggle are fixed :D

So open SystemUI/res/layout/status_bar_toggle_slider.xml

Found

and

remplace by

Recompile ;)
Thanks very much ?

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore

rick.wardenburg

Jan 1, 2016
Saint Joseph
this is exactly what i followed, this worked perfectly fine for the earlier ROM's i had tried this on.
Strangely, in the new ROM's, it comes up thrice.
I can share the smali files and framework-res.apk file if you would be able to check...
Compare with mine that is on github..

Github extended power menu mod commits

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

So is there only like 2 blur mods? Siminoid and renzettis? Sorry if i misspelled...i was looking for.something more up to date with nougat, to add some blur with intensity adjustment...i notice that natively the edgeappspanel has a blur effect and so does the reboot menu is there something in the framework i could use to.blur? Im not finding any good google results on this hardly anything for nougat for real

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone