[Guides & Links] TOUCHWIZ UNIFIED MODS THREAD

Search This thread

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Hi guys I successfully added the blur effect on s5 mm stock deodexed rom. Used the power menu blur guide by @karkass. But I think there is a problem. This blur effect is not like the blur effects which comes with n7 s7 ports. Bcoz my blur effect is not dynamic. Not showing the movement under the blur. It is like taking screenshot and making it blurred. But on other blurs you can see the video movement if you launch power menu while you are watching video

And this blur comes too fast, not like dynamic.
This is acer smali

How to make this blur dynamic?

I put the video of my blur here

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-11-14-14-06-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-11-14-14-06-59.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 527
Reactions: AxelCC

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Did you try comparing lines via winmerge program? You should find many differences there, that should require more than "some editing". I havent looked for it since by far "grouped notifications" is the last thing I want to have on my phone
:D
I use modded separated notification UI. You can find it on my signature
@Eleo Hi bro I have n7 port mm for s5 exynos and it has notifications like yours, seperated. It means is edited like you did. I want to enable grouped notifications as you mentioned but I dont know the word which refers to grouped style notifications therefore couldnt find any guide to get grouped notifications on n7 mm ported ui ?

Can you tell me how can I enable it?

Also can u tell me how can I enable notification panel native blur on a native blur supported rom?

Thanks in advance

Good forums.

Last edited:

Eleo

@Eleo Hi bro I have n7 port mm for s5 exynos and it has notifications like yours, seperated. It means is edited like you did. I want to enable grouped notifications as you mentioned but I dont know the word which refers to grouped style notifications therefore couldnt find any guide to get grouped notifications on n7 mm ported ui ?

Can you tell me how can I enable it?

Also can u tell me how can I enable notification panel native blur on a native blur supported rom?

Thanks in advance

Good forums.
Here is the discussion:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/ga...ods-collection-magma-nx-t3614180/post72565645

Reactions: cnkzlyr

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
Checked, if it's just for recovery that was the error you have, look for ## if-eqz v24 x v23

Check this post

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74544100&postcount=11648

Saludos y suerte
need your inputs again
i again have a problem with reboot recovery with a new rom
when i long press power button the device restarts

i checked all the variables this time and believe everything is right
followed guide===>https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74544100&postcount=11648

Attaching my modified GlobalActions file

Thanks in advance

Edit: when i try modified framework-res.apk file and services.jar file separately, it boots into the ROM. If I use both modified files together then it does not boot into the ROM, it goes into some dark blank screen.

Edit 2: i integrated the 2 modified files into the rom zip and flashed it, no issues but i do not see option of recovery :(

Attachments

• GlobalActions-mod.txt
    413.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

a.raul

Apr 21, 2014
Mordor
need your inputs again
i again have a problem with reboot recovery with a new rom
when i long press power button the device restarts

i checked all the variables this time and believe everything is right
followed guide===>https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74544100&postcount=11648

Attaching my modified GlobalActions file

Thanks in advance

Edit: when i try modified framework-res.apk file and services.jar file separately, it boots into the ROM. If I use both modified files together then it does not boot into the ROM, it goes into some dark blank screen.

Edit 2: i integrated the 2 modified files into the rom zip and flashed it, no issues but i do not see option of recovery :(

Make sure you read the guide correctly.

Be sure to add the icons, arrays and strings in framework-res.apk

Be sure to add in services.jar, the necessary smalis for each action.

Even so I leave it to you, I think it's good, so that you compare with yours ...

regards

Attachments

• GlobalActions-mod.txt
    430.9 KB · Views: 24

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
Make sure you read the guide correctly.

Be sure to add the icons, arrays and strings in framework-res.apk
Be sure to add in services.jar, the necessary smalis for each action.
Even so I leave it to you, I think it's good, so that you compare with yours ...
regards
I am only trying to add 'Reboot Recovery', have verified everything multiple times.
If I use both modded files, it does not finish boot, goes into a blank screen

logcat shows the below message, does it point to something

11-22 07:06:23.984 693 1446 E GlobalActions: Invalid global action key rebootrecovery

'rebootrecovery' is what i have added in arrays.xml

Edit: I have given up hope...

Last edited:

a.raul

Apr 21, 2014
Mordor
I am only trying to add 'Reboot Recovery', have verified everything multiple times.
If I use both modded files, it does not finish boot, goes into a blank screen

logcat shows the below message, does it point to something

11-22 07:06:23.984 693 1446 E GlobalActions: Invalid global action key rebootrecovery

'rebootrecovery' is what i have added in arrays.xml

Edit: I have given up hope...

Let's see, if you are in Nougat and follow the guide, you will not have any problem, it is very easy to extract one by one, each of the buttons or icons that you want to place in the restart menu ... Compare with the Globalactions that I put .. .. Simple, intuitive, I would say ...

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
Let's see, if you are in Nougat and follow the guide, you will not have any problem, it is very easy to extract one by one, each of the buttons or icons that you want to place in the restart menu ... Compare with the Globalactions that I put .. .. Simple, intuitive, I would say ...
For Nougat, I was able to get this working on 10-15 other ROMs, for few you highlighted mistakes that I had made with surrounding variables but this for specific ROM it does not seem to work....
i am only trying to add 'reboot recovery' but it does not work. The moment I use the modded services.jar, I am not even able to reach home page, it goes to a blank black screen. If I long press the power button for 5 secs, the phone reboots.
I compared the globalactions file of a previous rom and it matches point to point except for the id's of framework files, the number of lines are also identical...Same behaviour even after disabling lock screen.

Last edited:

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
does the error "Invalid global action key rebootrecovery" mean anything?
"

lijianjunyonghu

Jun 11, 2013
View attachment mod.out.rar

I am trying to make a navigation bar height adjustment but can't boot. Can anyone help me?

HTML:
*** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main
java.lang.VerifyError: Rejecting class com.android.server.policy.OemPhoneWindowManager that attempts to sub-type erroneous class com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager (declaration of 'com.android.server.policy.OemPhoneWindowManager' appears in /system/frameworkr/services.jar)
	at com.android.server.SystemServer.startOtherServices(Unknown Source:455)
	at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(Unknown Source:273)
	at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(Unknown Source:5)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:537)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:838)
Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: Verifier rejected class com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager: void com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager.updateSettings() failed to verify: void com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager.updateSettings(): [0xB] register v3 has type Undefined but expected Reference: android.content.ContentResolver (declaration of 'com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager' appears in /system/framework/services.jar)
	... 6 more

Ticklefish

Recognized Themer
Oct 27, 2011
Hampshire, UK
View attachment 4662805

I am trying to make a navigation bar height adjustment but can't boot. Can anyone help me?

HTML:
*** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: main
java.lang.VerifyError: Rejecting class com.android.server.policy.OemPhoneWindowManager that attempts to sub-type erroneous class com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager (declaration of 'com.android.server.policy.OemPhoneWindowManager' appears in /system/frameworkr/services.jar)
	at com.android.server.SystemServer.startOtherServices(Unknown Source:455)
	at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(Unknown Source:273)
	at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(Unknown Source:5)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:537)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:838)
Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: Verifier rejected class com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager: void com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager.updateSettings() failed to verify: void com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager.updateSettings(): [0xB] register v3 has type Undefined but expected Reference: android.content.ContentResolver (declaration of 'com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager' appears in /system/framework/services.jar)
	... 6 more

That depends what you're trying to do. If you just want to change the height of your navigation bar, you can normally do that by changing one of the values in framework-res.apk.

mwilky

Recognized Developer
Feb 21, 2011
Manchester
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6

*** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: mainjava.lang.VerifyError: Rejecting class com.android.server.policy.OemPhoneWindowManager that attempts to sub-type erroneous class com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager (declaration of 'com.android.server.policy.OemPhoneWindowManager' appears in /system/frameworkr/services.jar) at com.android.server.SystemServer.startOtherServices(Unknown Source:455) at com.android.server.SystemServer.run(Unknown Source:273) at com.android.server.SystemServer.main(Unknown Source:5) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:537) at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:838)Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: Verifier rejected class com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager: void com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager.updateSettings() failed to verify: void com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager.updateSettings(): [0xB] register v3 has type Undefined but expected Reference: android.content.ContentResolver (declaration of 'com.android.server.policy.PhoneWindowManager' appears in /system/framework/services.jar) ... 6 more

Your passing v3 as a parameter to something but you haven't defined what v3 is.

Without seeing your smali that is all I can say, but like @Ticklefish said you can do it in framework res by just editing a resource file (unless you want it customizable)

Reactions: Ticklefish

Tran Van Vinh

Nov 23, 2014
Someone pls guide me how to make rounded that 2 conner. thanks
1544800283577Ci26EV3

Attachments

• 9M75fJwYm7P2_200.jpg
    9M75fJwYm7P2_200.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

Nour-X

Dec 30, 2018
Someone pls guide me how to make rounded that 2 conner. thanks

+1
Yes please if anyone knows how to make this tell us :)
rounded ( Block Notification and clear all bar )

Last edited:

cnkzlyr

Oct 21, 2014
Ankara
Hi. Can someone give me a guide or guide link(if exist) for changing notification text colors on android 6.0.1 s5 touchwiz?
Sorry I couldnt find it by searching maybe it is here with a different name can anyone give it?

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

As said, due to existing guides not showing the features i decided to do this addons.
Credits are x original devs and original threads here:
Extended weather here and here
Next alarm here

the main difference is, put the below code in blue and red in SystemUI/res/layout-sw360dp/sec_keyguard_clock_view.xml

The code in blue is for extended weather only, if u want even next alarm as screenshot below, add even red code, and replace attached icon with SystemUI\res\drawable-xxxhdpi\ic_qs_alarm_on.png

the other instructions of the above linked guide are the same, follow excactly what is written there.

now we just need to move notifications not to overlap new features added, so go to SystemUI/res/values/dimens.xml and change as below

this is what you obtain at the end

@_Alex74 hi bro I need notifications like this. Im using S5 G900H stock mm based rom. I want to have black background with white color notifications but couldnt make notification texts white please can uou tell me how to do it?

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Hi. Can someone give me a guide or guide link(if exist) for changing notification text colors on android 6.0.1 s5 touchwiz?
Sorry I couldnt find it by searching maybe it is here with a different name can anyone give it?

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 AM ----------

@_Alex74 hi bro I need notifications like this. Im using S5 G900H stock mm based rom. I want to have black background with white color notifications but couldnt make notification texts white please can uou tell me how to do it?

This works on MM as well: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62296264&postcount=2741

Top Liked Posts