[Guides & Links] TOUCHWIZ UNIFIED MODS THREAD

Search This thread

3to4

Aug 13, 2009
Lyon
Autostarts?

Hello, I am trying to put "autostarts" in my settings for my Galaxy Tab S (Lollipop stock rooted and deodexed).
Actually I followed the guide from https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2626333 in post #9. As it was not working, I tried several times. I also tried different guides and different smalis, but I always get FC when I click on autostart in settings.

So, I tried Catlog, and I see that what ever I do, I always get "E java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid fragment for this activity: com.android.settings.autostarts.LewaManageAutostarts" among other errors.

Although I don't really understand it well, I suppose this comes from the line I added in my "applications_headers_2014.xml". (If I put it in "dashboard_categories", the option does not appear.)
The line added is;
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_autostarts"
android:id="@id/autostarts_settings" android:title="@string/autostarts_title"
android:fragment="com.android.settings.autostarts.LewaManageAutostarts " />
(There is no space before LewaManageAutostarts.)

By the way, I did this mod for my Galaxy Note 2 and 3 (both Kitkat), and it works very well. I don't really understand why it is not working for my Galaxy Tab S.

Is there something I can try?

PS:
I have been testing, and I discovered a few things.

1) When I put the following line at the end of "display_settings.xml", the option appears, and IT WORKS!! So, all the id's etc are correct!!

<PreferenceScreen android:id="@id/autostarts_settings" android:title="@string/autostarts_title" android:key="Autostarts" android:fragment="com.android.settings.autostarts.LewaManageAutostarts" />

Obviously, the option appears at the end of display settings, but I want Autostarts to appear in "Applications. So, I deleted this line, and I put the following line in "applications_headers_2014.xml".

<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_autostarts android:id="@id/autostarts_settings" android:title="@string/autostarts_title" android:key="Autostarts" android:fragment="com.android.settings.autostarts.LewaManageAutostarts" />

Then, when I click on Autostarts, I get a FC.

2) So, I tested the follwoing lines. (without really understanding, but just by analogy to the other lines.)

<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_autostarts android:id="@id/autostarts_settings" android:title="@string/autostarts_title" android:fragment="com.android.settings.autostarts.LewaManageAutostarts" />

<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_autostarts android:title="@string/autostarts_title" android:fragment="com.android.settings.autostarts.LewaManageAutostarts" />

Neither worked.

Is there a way to put this option in applications?
I would really appreciate any help in this direction.

Last edited:

AbuRohaan

May 24, 2015
Add in RC:
Code:
        <SwitchPreference android:title="Power Saving Mode Notifications" android:key="psm_notif" android:defaultValue="true" android:summaryOn="Power Saving Mode notification is enabled" android:summaryOff="Power Saving Mode notification is disabled" />

Enjoy[/QUOTE]

where is RC?

Eleo

Apr 16, 2012
Jena
Is there any tutorial video, i cant understand how can ı do these.
If you read OP, it says:
This thread requires basic knowledge of compiling and decompiling apk and jar files so they can be edited
So please study them before trying to modify files. It can be easily found out by searching in google or XDA.
Also, you can find many links in first page for informing yourself about modding.

Sent from my Google Pixel 3a XL using XDA Labs

Last edited:
Reactions: kevintm78

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
I have a Galaxy S9+. Applying seconds to the statusbar clock was fairly easy with "textclock" up to android 9 in the qs_status_bar_clock.xml. Android 10 brought quite a few changes to files in SystemUI.apk and qs_status_bar_clock.xml is no longer is in the layout of the SystemUI. I have no idea which xml file to edit now, at least so far. Anyone know how to add seconds to the status bar clock in Android 10? Thanks...

koragg97

Aug 16, 2013
Sofia
www.classicracing.cba.pl
Hello,

Could someone with knowledge about decompiling and recompiling APK files please remove the increasing ringtone from my S5's Telecom.apk file running stock Android 6.0.1?
It's attached to this post and all that is needed is to remove the line "invoke-virtual {v0, v4, v5, v3}, Landroid/media/AudioManager;->setStreamVolume(III)V" from this place: smali\com\android\server\telecom\secutils\SecAsync RingtonePlayer.smali
The Telecom.apk file I got from system-priv-app-Telecom folder.

Help would be appreciated.

I ended up using Disable Increasing Ring app and it works great.

Attachments

• Telecom.apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

vinzjub

Mar 17, 2017
Is there any guide to make notification panel blur for android oreo

all credits goes to @renzetti.s for the mod and he asked for a port to samsung.

Decompile SystemUI.apk and push the extracted folder "acer" from the attached zip to smali/com.

Open PhaneStatusBar.smali and put the blue lines

Code:
.method makeExpandedInvisible()V
    .locals 7
-
-
-
    const-string v1, "makeExpandedInvisible is called when notifications are fling"

invoke-static {v0, v1}, Landroid/util/Log;->d(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)I

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mStackScroller:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/stack/NotificationStackScrollLayout;

invoke-virtual {v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/stack/NotificationStackScrollLayout;->setScrollPositionToTop()V

:cond_1
    iget-boolean v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mExpandedVisible:Z

if-eqz v0, :cond_2

iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mStatusBarWindow:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarWindowView;

if-nez v0, :cond_3

:cond_2
    :goto_0

[COLOR="Blue"]    iget-object v3, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mNotificationPanel:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;

const v1, 0x7f0e0473     [COLOR="Red"]#<public type="id" name="backgroundImageView"[/COLOR]

invoke-virtual {v3, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->findViewById(I)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v4

check-cast v4, Landroid/widget/ImageView;

const/4 v3, 0x4

invoke-virtual {v4, v3}, Landroid/widget/ImageView;->setVisibility(I)V
	[/COLOR]
    return-void

:cond_3
    sget-boolean v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/Feature;->upgradeLollipop:Z

if-nez v0, :cond_5

iget-boolean v0, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/PhoneStatusBar;->mIsInQSEditMode:Z

if-eqz v0, :cond_5

open NotificationPanelView.smali and put the blue lines

Code:
.method private updateHeaderShade()V
    .locals 3

iget-boolean v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->mHeaderAnimatingIn:Z

if-nez v1, :cond_0

invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->getPeekHeight()F

move-result v0

iget v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->mExpandedHeight:F

cmpg-float v1, v1, v0

if-gtz v1, :cond_1

const/4 v1, 0x1

iput-boolean v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->mHideHeader:Z

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->mHeader:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarHeaderView;

iget v2, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->mExpandedHeight:F

sub-float/2addr v2, v0

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/StatusBarHeaderView;->setTranslationY(F)V

:cond_0
    :goto_0
    iget v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->mQsExpansionHeight:F

invoke-direct {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->setQsTranslation(F)V

[COLOR="Blue"]    const v1, 0x7f0e0473     [COLOR="Red"]#<public type="id" name="backgroundImageView"[/COLOR]

invoke-virtual {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->findViewById(I)Landroid/view/View;

move-result-object v1

check-cast v1, Landroid/widget/ImageView;

const/4 v2, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Landroid/widget/ImageView;->setVisibility(I)V[/COLOR]

return-void

:cond_1
    const/4 v1, 0x0

iput-boolean v1, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/phone/NotificationPanelView;->mHideHeader:Z

goto :goto_0
.end method

Be sure the "v" is matching the surrounding code

Then open res/values/ids.xml and put at the and before </resources>

Code:
 <item type="id" name="backgroundImageView">false</item>

Open res/layout-xxx/status_bar_expanded.xml and put the code under (new in blue)

Code:
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
  xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
[COLOR="Blue"]    <com.acer.incallui.BlurImageView android:id="@id/backgroundImageView" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:scaleType="centerCrop" android:visibility="gone" />[/COLOR]

Now re-compile and decompile again.

Open res/values/public.xml and search for

Code:
    <public type="id" name="backgroundImageView" id="your id" />

get your id and change 0x7f0e0473 in PhaneStatusBar.smali and NotificationPanelView.smali to your id.

Re-compile and push to the system.

Edit:

If you want to change the blur effect and opacity you can do it in BlurImageView.smali like discribed in this post. Thanks to @Martillero

(look for "BlurImageView" not "BlurBackgroundImageView" like in the post)

Is there any guide to make notification panel blur for android oreo?

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
is anyone aware of any oneui home mods with more number of columns for e.g. 5x7 or 5x8 instead of default 5x6

Update: was able to mod it to 6x8 but not perfect, i still do not know how to show an option of 6x8 in the launcher settings grid options, not sure how to replace one of the existing 4x5, 4x6, 5x5 and 5x6 with 6x8.
If i change it in the setting from default 6x8 to one of these, i cannot go back to 6x8 unless i reset the app...
not sure my mod will work on each phone but i can probably prepare a guide on how to do this modding

Last edited:

josephpatrick

Jan 24, 2012
Bangalore
is anyone aware of any oneui home mods with more number of columns for e.g. 5x7 or 5x8 instead of default 5x6

Update: was able to mod it to 6x8 but not perfect, i still do not know how to show an option of 6x8 in the launcher settings grid options, not sure how to replace one of the existing 4x5, 4x6, 5x5 and 5x6 with 6x8.
If i change it in the setting from default 6x8 to one of these, i cannot go back to 6x8 unless i reset the app...
not sure my mod will work on each phone but i can probably prepare a guide on how to do this modding

I have created a thread here for the same topic...mods of OneUI Home launcher.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone