[Guides & Links] TOUCHWIZ UNIFIED MODS THREAD

Search This thread

malbert16442

Nov 19, 2014
Area 51(◕_◕)
I am not sure but... did the developer give you permission to decompile his app? It's not an open source app. It's proprietary and discussing the contents of its smali in public is to the best of my knowledge illegal. If you need to know how the app works, you should ask the developer. Or ask for source code.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Didnt know edited post

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Thanks I will try your Romcontrol guide for stock Rom.
My rom control guide is.. well not really a guide. It's more of a official post for source code we wrote and how to use it.

You cannot use it on stock rom. Because you need to modify the core apps to read the correct values and according to values they read in database to update ui, for example change color, change background and so on.

Rom control doesn't affect the apps directly. It just writes into common database. But the changes you need to make in the core apps are to acknowledge those changes and take action accordingly.

It would be best for you to use custom settings I think.

Warrior1988

Jun 28, 2015
My rom control guide is.. well not really a guide. It's more of a official post for source code we wrote and how to use it.

You cannot use it on stock rom. Because you need to modify the core apps to read the correct values and according to values they read in database to update ui, for example change color, change background and so on.

Rom control doesn't affect the apps directly. It just writes into common database. But the changes you need to make in the core apps are to acknowledge those changes and take action accordingly.

It would be best for you to use custom settings I think.

OK thanks for the info I do like romcontrol I ported a Rom that uses romcontrol and it works flawless.

Iman87

Feb 23, 2015
Shiraz
@daxgirl
Hi and thank you for Grey Color on White StatusBar
Idk but its beyond my knowledge
if some one can make a guide on Traffic Speed Meter grey color on white statusbar would be a great idea..
thx again

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
@daxgirl
Hi and thank you for Grey Color on White StatusBar
Idk but its beyond my knowledge
if some one can make a guide on Traffic Speed Meter grey color on white statusbar would be a great idea..
thx again
Not efficient atm. The colors are set internally inside the view class. I would leave it as is.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Iman87

Feb 23, 2015
Shiraz
Not efficient atm. The colors are set internally inside the view class. I would leave it as is.

Oh i see
thank you anyway!
about a month ago i saw all mods on status bar greyed out in white statusbar on a VN Rom (Aurora 16.2 UX based For N9200)
all clock mods n locations and also traffic meter and carrier label.........

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Oh i see
thank you anyway!
about a month ago i saw all mods on status bar greyed out in white statusbar on a VN Rom (Aurora 16.2 UX based For N9200)
all clock mods n locations and also traffic meter and carrier label.........
Because it's possible. But it would take way more edits in phonestatusbar then necessary imo. It's not diffictlult to achieve at all. But I need time to write guide on that. And that is a real deficit right now.

The idea is the same.

Iman87

Feb 23, 2015
Shiraz
Because it's possible. But it would take way more edits in phonestatusbar then necessary imo. It's not diffictlult to achieve at all. But I need time to write guide on that. And that is a real deficit right now.

The idea is the same.

Your phone was S6? it shows Note5 now?
u changed ur phone or Rom ....

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Your phone was S6? it shows Note5 now?
u changed ur phone or Rom ....
Lol. I just have many phones ???

As for the tint.. I will find time at some point to add a public method into the source of my updated traffic mod and we will do the tint internally. But that will seriously take time. I am very busy atm.

kep2008

Feb 27, 2016
Slutsk
Clicking on the clock in the status bar opens the application. (Tested on 6.0.1).
The application on a single press can be assigned in Rom Control.

Thanks @Alex&rK and @sagitt67.

Put a smali from the attached file in SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy\

In SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy\Clock.smali find method to insert the code highlighted in blue before return-void
Code:
.method public constructor <init>(Landroid/content/Context;Landroid/util/AttributeSet;I)V
    [COLOR="Blue"]new-instance v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$24;

invoke-direct {v0, p0, p1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$24;-><init>(Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;Landroid/content/Context;)V

invoke-virtual {p0, v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;->setOnClickListener(Landroid/view/View$OnClickListener;)V

new-instance v0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$23;

invoke-direct {v0, p0, p1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock$23;-><init>(Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;Landroid/content/Context;)V

invoke-virtual {p0, v0}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/Clock;->setOnLongClickListener(Landroid/view/View$OnLongClickListener;)V[/COLOR]

return-void

Rom Control v2
Code:
<com.wubydax.romcontrol.v2.prefs.IntentDialogPreference
                android:key="press_clock_custom_app"
                android:title="Select application"
                app:intentSeparator="\##"/>

For a long press , i set " Alarm " . Perhaps you will not have the same name or you want to install another application.
Clock$23.smali
Code:
const-string v2, "com.sec.android.app.clockpackage"

const-string v3, "com.sec.android.app.clockpackage.alarm.activity.AlarmMainActivity"

Toggle for Rom Control. Thank @stangdriver44.

Attachments

• ClickClock.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 840
Last edited:

yash92duster

Jan 31, 2015
Chennai
@lucadalba[GUIDE] How to remove EXTRA WHITE SPACE in DEFAULT APP SELECTOR MM 6.0.1
View attachment 3857994
@venkat kamesh - [Guide][tut] Add changelog to settings of your own rom
changelog.pngchangelog1.png
@madgit & @gvmiguez -[GUIDE] A.O.K.P Ram Bar
ram.jpg
@and2 @tdunham - [GUIDE]How to add device info to notification panel and lockscreen
info.jpginfo2.jpg
@tdunham -[GUIDE] quick_settings_num_columns

@Crussader & @OvrDriVE -[GUIDE] Remove usb Storage Notification

@Er. Aditya - [GUIDE]Remove the grey status bar when power saving mode is on
Power1.jpgPower2.jpg
Thanks A Lot To All Devs for Guides :)

It Works Fine On My S5 G900H Exynos

Last edited:

Iman87

Feb 23, 2015
Shiraz
Guys anyone knows how to fix 3dot menu animation lag????
when i press 3dot menu in User apps its anikation z laggy!!!(system app r okay)
im using n7 port on n5

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

And we need a working Mokee listview animation
it doesnt work on Project Grace and also Note7 (ux based)

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
Guys anyone knows how to fix 3dot menu animation lag????
when i press 3dot menu in User apps its anikation z laggy!!!(system app r okay)
im using n7 port on n5

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

And we need a working Mokee listview animation
it doesnt work on Project Grace and also Note7 (ux based)
I don't know about the 3dot overflow. It works perfect on all my devices and all user apps.

As for the list animation... you're screwed. Everyone with any common sense in android switched to RecyclerView instead of list view. List view is long gone, buried and only remains in some apps for small purposes. Most system apps today use recyclerview on which the list view animation of course won't work. So any view where there is no animation you can be sure is simple no list view anymore.

On a separate note, this is a nice mod which is very bad for resources. Unnecessary animation on list views which are as they are heavy on resources. So, as nice as it is, it was a bad practice to use it to begin with.

Sometimes I am surprised, for people who work hard to debloat the Rom to make it easier on resources, you guys surely work hard to shove every piece of resource consuming crap into your Roms.

Reactions: DaOldMan

Iman87

Feb 23, 2015
Shiraz
I don't know about the 3dot overflow. It works perfect on all my devices and all user apps.

As for the list animation... you're screwed. Everyone with any common sense in android switched to RecyclerView instead of list view. List view is long gone, buried and only remains in some apps for small purposes. Most system apps today use recyclerview on which the list view animation of course won't work. So any view where there is no animation you can be sure is simple no list view anymore.

On a separate note, this is a nice mod which is very bad for resources. Unnecessary animation on list views which are as they are heavy on resources. So, as nice as it is, it was a bad practice to use it to begin with.

Sometimes I am surprised, for people who work hard to debloat the Rom to make it easier on resources, you guys surely work hard to shove every piece of resource consuming crap into your Roms.

oh yea
its based on users needs.
i dont have gear vr hw so i debloat it... one person likes rounded notifucation the other hate... i hate sth u like, u hate what i like... everyone has its own view n needs....i like mokee cuz i had it from a long time ago...
3dot menu lag backed to deodexing i found it...
thx

daxgirl

Jun 30, 2012
Jerusalem
oh yea
its based on users needs.
i dont have gear vr hw so i debloat it... one person likes rounded notifucation the other hate... i hate sth u like, u hate what i like... everyone has its own view n needs....i like mokee cuz i had it from a long time ago...
3dot menu lag backed to deodexing i found it...
thx

Well you can submit complaint to google for coming up with recyclerview. Because it's better, more customizable and smoother than list view. So list view animation will only work on apps will using list view. I personally use recyclerview in most cases, except for very specific needs.

And again, the lag is something you have specifically. No lag here on any device when opening 3dot overflow menu on data apps.

Iman87

Feb 23, 2015
Shiraz
Well you can submit complaint to google for coming up with recyclerview. Because it's better, more customizable and smoother than list view. So list view animation will only work on apps will using list view. I personally use recyclerview in most cases, except for very specific needs.

And again, the lag is something you have specifically. No lag here on any device when opening 3dot overflow menu on data apps.

i think u missunderstood
lady i know u r telling that recycler z more flexable than list ...that damn right...
but my reply was about what u wrote about y we make rom heavy....

kasi5471

Aug 4, 2015
Düsseldorf
Hey all, today i have a problem with this mod.

<font color="Red">Howto remove confirm buttons in Reboot menue for shutoff and reboot</font><br />
<br />
open services.jar/com/android/server/policy/GlobalActions<br />
goto method<br />
.method public constructor <init>(Landroid/content/Context;Landroid/view/WindowManagerPolicy$WindowManagerFuncs;)V
<br />
scroll down and find<br />
const v1, 0x1080960<br />
<br />
iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mPowerOffIconResId:I<br />
<br />
.line 509<br />
const v1, 0x1080961<br />
<br />
iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mConfirmPowerOffIconResId:I<br />
<br />
.line 510<br />
<br />
const v1, 0x01080962<br />
<br />
iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mRestartIconResId:I<br />
<br />
.line 511<br />
<br />
const v1, 0x01080963<br />
<br />
iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mConfirmRestartIconResId:I
<br />
replace with<br />
# const v1, 0x1080960<br />
<br />
# iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mPowerOffIconResId:I<br />
<br />
.line 509<br />
# const v1, 0x1080961<br />
<br />
# iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mConfirmPowerOffIconResId:I<br />
<br />
.line 510<br />
<br />
# const v1, 0x01080962<br />
<br />
# iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mRestartIconResId:I<br />
<br />
.line 511<br />
<br />
# const v1, 0x01080963<br />
<br />
# iput v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/policy/GlobalActions;->mConfirmRestartIconResId:I
<br />
<br />
remove all # if you want to reactivate later back

The Shutdown toggle work, Reboot Recovery works to, but after push the Restart toggle, the 5 Way Reboot menu open. Is there anny other Solution for that?

Thx in advance

880a296716ac2f1f76b2dc6434ccbcf8.jpg

1472481409988.jpg
8c7446c95d1b66fda5e06a68087f1903.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts