Guides Unlock boot-loader, installing Recovery and Custom Rom and MODS

did i help you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

crazylife

first of all, im not developer im just sharing what i use

hello everyone.
i saw many in here asking about how to root or unlock boot-loader or flashing custom rom
so i will share what i have done (( again im just sharing and im not responsible of any damage ))

***first step is unlocking bootloader***
i used this Unlock thanx to http://lenovo-forums.ru/
now lets d the steps of unlocking

UNLOCKING WILL FORMAT EVERYTHING so backup what u need
1. download and extract the app of unlocking will use it in step 5
2. go to Settings - About phone - device information and tap on "Build number" until you become a developer.
3. Go to Settings - Developer options - tap on OEM unlocking - then tan op Android debugging.
4. go to home in mobile and plug USB
5. go to the unlocking app and click on A7010_unlock
6. it will go to fastboot mode READ what asks for and click on volume up when it says so!
7. after it finished keep holding in power til it restart
8. it will take about 3-5 minutes to start
9. congratulations ur K4 is unlocked​

NOW LETS GIVE IT TWRP RECOVERY
i use @mohancm Recovery its stable and no sdcard or internal sd bugs . but if u want anything else u can use its up to you!
now lets do the right steps for flashing custom Recovery
1. Recovery already in this ZIP file download it and unzip
2. now hold you mobile
3. go to Settings - About phone - device information and tap on "Build number" until you become a developer.
4. Go to Settings - Developer options - active Android debugging.
5. go to home in mobile and plug USB
6. go to the TWRP folder and click on TWRP_Install
7. it will go to fastboot mode and install recovery by it self
8. after it finished DONT REBOOT TO NORMAL MODE
9. keep holding power and volumes up and down till you see Lenovo start up Screen . now keep holding the volumes up and down keys till u get black screen, wait a bit and recovery will open
10. congratulations ur K4 is unlocked and have TWRP recovery .​

now lets Root it or install custom Rom​
its up to you what ROM you want to use but i like resurrection-remix-m its bugles and smooth and fast
so if you like it u can download and use the coming steps . P.S steps will work on any custom Rom you choose to install
1. Download Rom and copy it to you external sdcard
2. go to recovery
3. Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset(including internal storage)
4. click on flash and flash the Rom you saved in external card
5. if you used resurrection remix Rom dont forget to flash GAPPS the recommended in the Rom Link
6. flash Supersu
7. reboot device
8. step up the mobile and leave it 5-10 minutes then reboot ,
NOW YOU ARE READY TO USE THE ROM​

Now lets talk about most used Roms and Mods that working very well in Lenovo a7020
ROMS​
As showing up there is RESURRECTION REMIX M [5.7.4][MT6753] very good and stable Rom . will find it HERE
We have Nikkali Rom a very good Rom and stable and it have VOLTE working you will find it HERE
And we have macblaze Rom a very good Rom and stable and it have VOLTE working you will find it HERE
And we have Lenovo A7010 - CM13.0 its stable and smooth you will find it
HERE
its Russian use translator
A user have updated the CM13 and made some mods and new things to it u will find it HERE its Russian use translator

will update when we have any full working ROMS​
MODS
now lets talk about XPOSED
it have many mods and great things but as many users have report if you want to use a stock based ROM ROW-S232 for now if u install XPOSED will get bootlop
SOUND MOD
if you are using CM13 or RR its a great sound mod Divine Beats

THREAD WILL BE UPDATED

Last edited:

atomlife_074

Jan 20, 2008
Hi, When I click the link to the App for unlocking above "APP" it doesn't go to the unlocking app. It is instead linked to "recovery.img". By the way what is the name of the application? Tnx

crazylife

How?? Can you pls explain step by step . Sorry giving too much trouble.
1486657963995.jpg1486657972855.jpg

Sent from my K4 NOTE using XDA-Developers Legacy app

rishi2000

Oct 17, 2012
Mumbai
recovery and details have been updated
re check it up in first post
it will be English by default

Now after doing all the steps.
First boot i pressed the volume keys (both) and power button and after Lenovo screen released the power button and keep holding the volume keys. till black screen appears.
after that no further display available. touch can be recognised. i mean vibration is coming while pressing on the sscreen and back key etc.
Please advise if I done something wrong.

iamironman91

Nov 17, 2015
Now after doing all the steps.
First boot i pressed the volume keys (both) and power button and after Lenovo screen released the power button and keep holding the volume keys. till black screen appears.
after that no further display available. touch can be recognised. i mean vibration is coming while pressing on the sscreen and back key etc.
Please advise if I done something wrong.
You need to wait at least a minute after flashing recovery.

Don't touch phone till then.

After a min press power button once. You can unlock the recovery.

After that go to setting in recovery. Change brightness to 10% . small issue. But bothers lot in beginning. :)

alison.rm

Dec 16, 2013
Barra dos Coqueiros
Hello...

8 - "DONT REBOOT TO NORMAL MODE"?
I do not understand step 9 ... I did not understand which buttons to press. I may not be able to restart in recovery mode.

Root = flash the zip with TWRP. Right?

Xposed = flash sdk23 / arm64 zip with TWRP. Right?

atomlife_074

Jan 20, 2008
I couldn't get TWRP work in my phone, not sure what step I misunderstood or missed out. After the unlock process the phone will be reset and I need to set up dev, usb debugging again after normal reboot. After renaming/replacing recovery.img run the install twrp script. The phone will reboot into recovery and it normally says "press any key to continue" until the process is completed, then wait for a few minutes. However when I reboot to recovery mode it's still "Lenovo recovery" not TWRP. I did it about 3x with the same result. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    first of all, im not developer im just sharing what i use

hello everyone.
    i saw many in here asking about how to root or unlock boot-loader or flashing custom rom
    so i will share what i have done (( again im just sharing and im not responsible of any damage ))

***first step is unlocking bootloader***
    i used this Unlock thanx to http://lenovo-forums.ru/
    now lets d the steps of unlocking

UNLOCKING WILL FORMAT EVERYTHING so backup what u need
    1. download and extract the app of unlocking will use it in step 5
    2. go to Settings - About phone - device information and tap on "Build number" until you become a developer.
    3. Go to Settings - Developer options - tap on OEM unlocking - then tan op Android debugging.
    4. go to home in mobile and plug USB
    5. go to the unlocking app and click on A7010_unlock
    6. it will go to fastboot mode READ what asks for and click on volume up when it says so!
    7. after it finished keep holding in power til it restart
    8. it will take about 3-5 minutes to start
    9. congratulations ur K4 is unlocked​

NOW LETS GIVE IT TWRP RECOVERY
    i use @mohancm Recovery its stable and no sdcard or internal sd bugs . but if u want anything else u can use its up to you!
    now lets do the right steps for flashing custom Recovery
    1. Recovery already in this ZIP file download it and unzip
    2. now hold you mobile
    3. go to Settings - About phone - device information and tap on "Build number" until you become a developer.
    4. Go to Settings - Developer options - active Android debugging.
    5. go to home in mobile and plug USB
    6. go to the TWRP folder and click on TWRP_Install
    7. it will go to fastboot mode and install recovery by it self
    8. after it finished DONT REBOOT TO NORMAL MODE
    9. keep holding power and volumes up and down till you see Lenovo start up Screen . now keep holding the volumes up and down keys till u get black screen, wait a bit and recovery will open
    10. congratulations ur K4 is unlocked and have TWRP recovery .​

now lets Root it or install custom Rom​
    its up to you what ROM you want to use but i like resurrection-remix-m its bugles and smooth and fast
    so if you like it u can download and use the coming steps . P.S steps will work on any custom Rom you choose to install
    1. Download Rom and copy it to you external sdcard
    2. go to recovery
    3. Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset(including internal storage)
    4. click on flash and flash the Rom you saved in external card
    5. if you used resurrection remix Rom dont forget to flash GAPPS the recommended in the Rom Link
    6. flash Supersu
    7. reboot device
    8. step up the mobile and leave it 5-10 minutes then reboot ,
    NOW YOU ARE READY TO USE THE ROM​

Now lets talk about most used Roms and Mods that working very well in Lenovo a7020
    ROMS​
    As showing up there is RESURRECTION REMIX M [5.7.4][MT6753] very good and stable Rom . will find it HERE
    We have Nikkali Rom a very good Rom and stable and it have VOLTE working you will find it HERE
    And we have macblaze Rom a very good Rom and stable and it have VOLTE working you will find it HERE
    And we have Lenovo A7010 - CM13.0 its stable and smooth you will find it
    HERE
    its Russian use translator
    A user have updated the CM13 and made some mods and new things to it u will find it HERE its Russian use translator

will update when we have any full working ROMS​
    MODS
    now lets talk about XPOSED
    it have many mods and great things but as many users have report if you want to use a stock based ROM ROW-S232 for now if u install XPOSED will get bootlop
    SOUND MOD
    if you are using CM13 or RR its a great sound mod Divine Beats

THREAD WILL BE UPDATED
    Only for Android 6 marshmallow
    Does this work for S232 ?
    Yes.. Its must work on any android 6
    Thanks for ur response.

So, should I open unlock.bat in PC after connecting my phone via USB ?

Then what happens to the tools folder, should I leave it however it was?
    In the Run app it will tell u what to do and it will close by it self when finish... Dont worry about it