Guys!!! Xperia mini pro sk17

Search This thread

demezakos

Apr 11, 2019
Hello guys! U believe it or not I still use my Xperia mini pro and I have cianogen mod 2,1 android. Is there any good working ROM etc etc to resurrect it again? (I have other phones too) but I love this little guy

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
There's a new compact Xperia to be released tomorrow. I don't think it'll be as compact as the Xperia mini pro though. The only 11 year old phone I know of which is still seeing recent development is the Samsung Galaxy SII i9100.

Nautilus_

Oct 13, 2020
Hello guys! U believe it or not I still use my Xperia mini pro and I have cianogen mod 2,1 android. Is there any good working ROM etc etc to resurrect it again? (I have other phones too) but I love this little guy
Well, believe it or not, you're not the only one :) I'm still using Xperia Mini as my main phone actually (never had the Pro version, thinking also of getting one to play with it, but I love my Mini and will probably never replace it).
I might help you with your request, tell me which ROM would you like to try, for Marshmallow (Android 6) or Lineage (Android 7)? You can PM me also if you like.

simonjanos

Oct 25, 2014
I love these little devices of mine, but unfortunately I no longer use them because there is not enough space (storage):
1. I definitely want to write with them 2. and with my goddaughter / niece (who saw them and wants to use one when we spend time together)
The problem is that I no longer remember how to root. The factory ROM can be enough for me and I can remove the excess to have minimal storage space, I want to write (text editor, maybe e-mail) and e.g. Total Commander sw and possibly retro games designed for this screen resolution... : )))
Please help me with this! I might also be interested in a custom ROM. 8)

Best regards,
John

demezakos

Apr 11, 2019
Well, believe it or not, you're not the only one :) I'm still using Xperia Mini as my main phone actually (never had the Pro version, thinking also of getting one to play with it, but I love my Mini and will probably never replace it).
I might help you with your request, tell me which ROM would you like to try, for Marshmallow (Android 6) or Lineage (Android 7)? You can PM me also if you like.
This phone is perfect and I wish for a re release..thank you for ur help!! Well from both sound good! I have cyanogen mod 2.1 and old recovery and non tutorials any more out there. U have any tutorial?

SK17Me

Jan 13, 2023
I've never stopped using this phone since I bought one many years ago.... I've had more than I can remember... I dont need apps, chat, BS.... just calls, text and camera (and some internet... google search etc) and of course, a keyboard. This phone is perfection.

It still looks like a modern phone today, in fact it looks more modern than the latest phones, I always have people aask me about my phone.

Anyway, I recently lost mine and had to get a replacement and I lost my HDD that contained all of the old firmware.

I'm looking for the stock .587 FW with android ICS: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-sk17-mini-pro-4-1-b-0-587-generic-version.1907994/

But all links are dead and I cant find it anywhere online. Does anyone still have it?

Nautilus_

Oct 13, 2020
I've never stopped using this phone since I bought one many years ago.... I've had more than I can remember... I dont need apps, chat, BS.... just calls, text and camera (and some internet... google search etc) and of course, a keyboard. This phone is perfection.

It still looks like a modern phone today, in fact it looks more modern than the latest phones, I always have people aask me about my phone.

Anyway, I recently lost mine and had to get a replacement and I lost my HDD that contained all of the old firmware.

I'm looking for the stock .587 FW with android ICS: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-sk17-mini-pro-4-1-b-0-587-generic-version.1907994/

But all links are dead and I cant find it anywhere online. Does anyone still have it?

This one?

or:

or (customized for Middle East Asia):

or (customized for India):

Not sure which one you exactly are looking for but I hope one will fit your needs. Please note that I have not tested any of those as I don't have Mini Pro. I just googled the links. Best of luck.

Reactions: SK17Me

SK17Me

Jan 13, 2023
Thank you mate, I'm in UK so was looking for the "generic world" one, I got the first 2 you posted on download, thanks.

BuenoSauro

Feb 22, 2023
Hi guys..
I have 2 of SK17a, but only found rom for SK17i. Even the stock rom...
Do you know where do i find a good rom to it?

I tried CM10 from SK17i, but gapps wont work..

thanks in advance..

Top Liked Posts