GW3 Region Change

Search This thread

lug

Dec 19, 2006
Gibraltar
I bought the GW3 watch yesterday. Unfortunately I live in Gibraltar which for some unknown reason is considered the backwater of the internet and we are blocked by both Google and Samsung - Google does not let us buy anything from Google Play, although we have found a way around that. Samsung goes a step further and we cannot even browse their store :(

My question is: I've seen videos on how to change the Active 2 region and I'm wondering if there is a procedure for GW3?

Until I change the region I will not be able to get any apps installed other than the ones preinstalled in the watch. BTW I also tried the SDB connect and I cannot connect to the watch even changing the port number...

Reactions: Beso

trnow

May 17, 2017
I bought the GW3 watch yesterday. Unfortunately I live in Gibraltar which for some unknown reason is considered the backwater of the internet and we are blocked by both Google and Samsung - Google does not let us buy anything from Google Play, although we have found a way around that. Samsung goes a step further and we cannot even browse their store :(

My question is: I've seen videos on how to change the Active 2 region and I'm wondering if there is a procedure for GW3?

Until I change the region I will not be able to get any apps installed other than the ones preinstalled in the watch. BTW I also tried the SDB connect and I cannot connect to the watch even changing the port number...

I was able to connect to the watch and run the launch csc manager code but after the message lunch successful nothing pops up on the watch.

restart the watch and the PC
and try to connect.
But it looks like that the security increased in tizen 5 and the csc pop up doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLnbTZOr_wo&list=WL&index=104&t=0s

russso

Aug 16, 2020
Someone wise to help change CSC I want to move from Poland to the USA to have samsung pay. Please.

waqas2660

Aug 10, 2014
Broendby Strand
Sams..g can not hear nor see your post...

Your wish allready fullfilled...
Spay is in EVERY Firmware preinstalled... since yearS in all Gear and Galaxy Watches...

Only disabled for """few""" countries. :D :rolleyes: ;)

Best Regards

Then how do i enable it?
Tried installing the S-pay plugins but no luck , phone says that watch may not support this feature

russso

Aug 16, 2020
Can you describe me how to do it exactly, because everything is accelerated at the branch. And if I change to the USA, or XAR, will I have a choice of my language, i.e. Polish, in the watch?

trnow

May 17, 2017
The menu of the watch copies the language from the phone. If you go to your phone's settings -> system -> languages and input -> languages -> add/change to Polish. That should change the language on your watch as well. That works for me if I changed the language to Slovenian. Than everything on the watch is in Slovenian.

Ironrobi

Nov 15, 2010
Ironrobi it works excellent. I changed my region yesterday and everything works perfectly.

https://ibb.co/w7nmB4h
https://ibb.co/kS07w2T
I can also confirm it works. Changed region to XAR, got the software update and blood oxygen/stress are now loaded on the watch. Unfortunately still no BP/ECG and trying to sideload through the PC still fails and no luck trying to do the non-pc method with a Huawei phone.

Reactions: adfree

congusto

Apr 12, 2010
Alkmaar
Please note that in order to actually use Samsung Pay, you'll need to have a credit card that supports it / is supported by it. This goes back to your credit card provider supporting Samsung Pay or not. If not, you'll get stuck when Samsung Pay checks the support after entering your credit card number in Samsung Pay.

trnow

May 17, 2017
Please note that in order to actually use Samsung Pay, you'll need to have a credit card that supports it / is supported by it. This goes back to your credit card provider supporting Samsung Pay or not. If not, you'll get stuck when Samsung Pay checks the support after entering your credit card number in Samsung Pay.

Check out the curve card. It is the card from the UK and you link your MasterCard or Visa to it.
It works with Samsung pay.
If you use the link below you will get £5 on your card.

http://www.curve.app/join#DW2W26OE

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I can also confirm it works. Changed region to XAR, got the software update and blood oxygen/stress are now loaded on the watch. Unfortunately still no BP/ECG and trying to sideload through the PC still fails and no luck trying to do the non-pc method with a Huawei phone.

I managed to get the BP/ECG to work from the instructions for active 2 from TechnoProz.
Just install the first and the second file, and the Samsung Health monitor will appear on your watch. Calibrate the BP and your good to go...

https://youtu.be/11lvEJWdzMY

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1u6qpj4Qq4wXDXu6yla50_bji0bAi4naX?usp=sharing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How To

Hi guys,
    I want to clarify something I have learned the hard way.
    Change the region in easy, but you should know what is used for.
    Net odin: Is a program that allow you to upload the firmware to your watch.
    Combination firmware: Is a firmware that MUST be installed before doing anything else. It will allow to use sdb tools. You install with Net Odin. It must be the right one for your watch model.
    SDB Tools: This is cmd software that can read two files from your watch and save, "pull "them in your computer. You will need to use the right version (windows, mac ubunto and so on) Once pulled the files, you will mod, with a text editor, the region code and save the files. Then you will upload them to your watch pushing them always with SDB tools "push".
    Firmware: Is the actual working firmware that you will upload to your watch after the operation above. Usually is a packed file containing three files that you will upload using Net Odin
    I hope this helps the ones like me not very familiar with the procedures required.
    Ciao ciao

has anyone figure out the way to change the region from Canada to US?
    @nabobcoffee

No idea if you read also other threads and posts... or searched...

Try maybe here:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83275439&postcount=29

Check other posts after this...

Best Regards
    Hi, i have followed TechnoProz video to try change region on my galaxy watch 3 r840. Ive used the file he provided to flash it. Have connected to WIFI, switched bluetooth off, developer mode is on and so is debugging.
    Issue i am having is, when i connect to the watch using SDB, it will not let me turn root on. Permission denied.
    Using Tizen studio device manager, i can pull the files from the watch, modify, but cannot push them back due to permission denied, this says i need to give it permission from the watch, but i cannot see anything else i can do from the watch.
    Can anyone help please, i need to change from region XSG to BTU
    issue has been resolved, thanks to @Kenora_I Anyone else who has the same issue as me, not being able to get root on the watch, follow TechnoProz video, but just use the file below for root control, and the rest is in TechnoProz video.
    Combination Firmware for SM-R840 to have Root Access...
    https://www.file-upload.net/download-14233546/COMBINATION-FT55_R840XXU1ATG3.tar.md5.7z.html

Now i can see Uk as a region on my watch, samsung pay works, so does samsung health and the normal updates.
    thanks again for the help and support.