• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

GWA2 dead after swimming

Search This thread

Mxyzlxy

Jun 25, 2015
anyone else had an experience with their watch rebooted after couple of mins. in pool? when I saw the phone rebooting I instantly got out of.water then the watch went off and couldn't turn it on anymore.:rolleyes:

tre4s13

Jan 31, 2011
My galaxy watch smr805u did the same thing. I fully dissasembled it and gave it an alcohol bath for one hour. Nothing worked. Took the battery out and manually charged it. Still says rebooting. Its wither the mobo or the home/power/back ribbon at this point.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

mark11111112

Feb 21, 2018
warranty return

their is no harm in contacting them over live chat and stating what happened the most they can say is no we will not repair/replace it. I have had a battery replaced in my s7 edge with zero problems under warranty i just went into a Samsung store and showed them and they repaired it straight away.

Edit: samsung were recently sued over misleading IP waterproof claims: https://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-sued-over-misleading-water-resistance-claims-galaxy-phones

Last edited:
Reactions: MagXDA

Top Liked Posts