GxFonts - Custom Fonts Manager for Samsung Galaxy Devices. Nougat/Oreo/Pie [NO-ROOT]

Search This thread

Nastrahl

I'd recommend removing Pie as a supported platform. Pie even on Samsungs employ the new overlay signature checks, and such custom fonts cannot be installed on anything but the early beta builds.

I updated my Note 9 to official Pie through OTA and it was working without any issue.

Then freshly did a factory reset and is actually working flawlessly out of the box too.

I'm using it right now with the Gafata font and I even didn't have to reboot the phone for it to work.

Last edited:

willcor

Oct 2, 2008
I'd recommend removing Pie as a supported platform. Pie even on Samsungs employ the new overlay signature checks, and such custom fonts cannot be installed on anything but the early beta builds.

I agree with @Nastrahl post above.
I'm also on Official Android 9, (Pie)
Firmware, no root and GxFonts working fine.
Further,
I also did a factory reset of my device and
did not need to reboot device for GxFonts to show.
I have rebooted my device 2 0r 3 times since, no issues.
GxFonts working fine.
This was like 2 days ago.

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Indeed on the 9 series Samsung did not enable signature verification for overlays - but on the 8 series (Note8 beta, for example) it is enabled, and most likely it is coming to the 9 series as well.

As such, the OP statement

All the Galaxy devices running "Official Stock Nougat/Oreo/Pie" are supported.

is not exactly correct.

Sea-Wolf

Nov 4, 2015
Sydney

That doesn't seem to be true for me. I'm using a Note 9 on the Pie final release and had no trouble installing fonts using GxFonts just last night.

Comphard

Feb 19, 2017
Stock Android Pie, Note 9.
I've bought pro-version, but still cannot select custom TTF - application crashes after I click 'Build'.

MlucianoEze

Mar 22, 2013
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
Emoji support?

Hello there! Really nice work! I'm glad there's not anymore a reason to root my phone haha.
Just one thing about emojis: I'm trying to change them with official EmojiOne TTF for Android, but I get really weird results, such as really big spaces between words and number characters replaced by emojis. I tried with iOS 12 TTF for Android, but got the same results :(
How can I solve it? Do I have to tweak the TTF files manually? Could this tweaks be added to the app in the future?

Attachments

• no-font.jpg
    no-font.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 632
  • emojione.jpg
    emojione.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 627
  • ios.jpg
    ios.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 627

sidethorn

Sep 5, 2012
S8+stock pie, when I try to install a new font, progress bar reaches 4/5 and then "app not installed" shows up. Can you please help? Thanks.

EncryptedCurse

Jul 9, 2014
Hello there! Really nice work! I'm glad there's not anymore a reason to root my phone haha.
Just one thing about emojis: I'm trying to change them with official EmojiOne TTF for Android, but I get really weird results, such as really big spaces between words and number characters replaced by emojis. I tried with iOS 12 TTF for Android, but got the same results :(
How can I solve it? Do I have to tweak the TTF files manually? Could this tweaks be added to the app in the future?
Have you gotten any closer to figuring this out?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bye0mRd.png

All the Galaxy devices running "Official Stock Nougat/Oreo/Pie" are supported.
    Simple and Easy. No Root Required. No Plugin Needed. OneUI Design.

Features:
    ✺ Free to download and use google fonts
    ✺ Inbuilt fonts manager to manage your custom fonts
    ✺ Create Custom Font with font files (regular/bold/italics/bold italics) (Requires PRO)
    ✺ OneUI like interface
    ✺ No Ads
    ✺ All donate option gives you the PRO mode. 0.50$/0.99$/1.99$/3.99$/7.99$/12.99$. You can enable pro mode for as low as 0.50$ only if you are not from US/UK/Some Europe Countries.

If you like my development for Samsung Devices, please consider a donation.

This app has been developed as per the request of themeGalaxy Users and it doesn't mean I will remove these features from themeGalaxy.

Get it from Playstore
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=project.vivid.gxfonts

Special thanks to DNA beta testers..

~SatySatsZB
    Awesome efforts! I was dying looking for something like this a while ago. One question, will I be able to combine two different fonts into one. I want this particular font for Chinese characters to go with Google font for English. Thanks

Do you want to combine two different ttf files into one..?
    Yes. That's exactly what I have been wanting to do. I even paid a guy to get it done, but it didn't come out perfect, which seemed to be a lazy job and I eventually just gave up.

I don't think that's possible with android platform. You can try using FontForge on windows/mac to get that thing.
    Added support to include Bold/Italics/BoldItalics if available.
    This is a really great app, many thanks.
    Quick question, could we use it to change the emoji style if we had an emoji TTF? Or are the emoji something that can't be changed using this method?

Will try to add it in next update :good: