• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ H E L P ] EFS folder and files needed!!! Phone bricked!!!

Search This thread

snow

Oct 14, 2010
www.mozilla.ro
Hi! Anyone can upload EFS folder :)\efs) ? You can attach as zip file. Doesn't matter, it's important to be there all files. :(

I bricked my phone and I want to unbrick. :) Please, anyone who is experimented, please help me! :(

Best Regards,
Cristian Silaghi

Last edited:

Pitkeno

Aug 12, 2012
NO one found this folder on the galaxy mini....the phone can turn on or not?? if yes u can unbrick... :)

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)
efs folders are unique you have just removed your imei now if you don't have your own backup nothing can be done

now your mobile is a mp4 player if anyone uploads his efs file his mobile will also be a mp4player

domcale

May 27, 2012
... if anyone uploads his efs file his mobile will also be a mp4player
Just because you're a Recognized Contributor, that doesn't mean you can bull****.
That is not true! Admit it, you don't know how pull the /efs ot from your phone :p
Like you said, /efs folder contains alot of things that are unique for each phone (WiFi MAC adress, IMEI, product code and what not), so we can't just give someone our /efs. Even if we could, the way of pulling those files from the phone are not known to me.
Wish we knew a way to backup it, when something like this happens - you just put the backup and away you go :)

dheeraj (dhlalit11)

Sep 30, 2011
fatehabad (hry)
just because am an rc that doesn't mean am bullying

nothing difficult in backing up efs file just go to /efs and copy those files to your sdcard and they will be backed up

but efs is visible only in operator specific models in normal phones imei is hardcodded in the mobile

mine galaxy s is of at&t and I can see the efs folder, prior of flashing roms on it I did a backup of that folder

and sometimes it got deleted then I just need to copy them back

can't see on original galaxy s of my friend

the thing is one imei cannot be used in two mobile there can be many conflicts and some also related to laws

only one sim can be used at a time on a single imei

that's why I said mp4player but you can still try to share your efs files if it works then just keep it else delete it

domcale

May 27, 2012
just because am an rc that doesn't mean am bullying

nothing difficult in backing up efs file just go to /efs and copy those files to your sdcard and they will be backed up

but efs is visible only in operator specific models in normal phones imei is hardcodded in the mobile

mine galaxy s is of at&t and I can see the efs folder, prior of flashing roms on it I did a backup of that folder

and sometimes it got deleted then I just need to copy them back

can't see on original galaxy s of my friend

the thing is one imei cannot be used in two mobile there can be many conflicts and some also related to laws

only one sim can be used at a time on a single imei

that's why I said mp4player but you can still try to share your efs files if it works then just keep it else delete it

Things on Galaxy S and on our mini are a little bit different for that /efs matter, because nvdata.bin is in devblock5 or something like that, an on Galaxy S it's in a different place. Strange, but it is that way, i tried all the Galaxy S tutorials to make a backup and none of them worked.
And yeah, you cant just copy the folder since that will **** up th permissions and then the files are almost useless.

Yeah, he has a great MP4 now, unfortunately :/
I know imei is unique, thats why i said ''if we could give our efs''

ZiDanRO

Jan 9, 2011
Bucharest
If you distroy your IMEI becouse of bml/efs you can repair it with JTAG. Write full dump then repair its IMEI (to be the one from you stiker). Generaly this is a Service job becouse you dont't have the necessary tools.

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
i don't have this /efs folder, but i still can browse internet, call my friends, do a SMS, play music. Just like a normal phone do.