H+ or 3G what is the difference?

Search This thread

ahmed4never

May 31, 2009
every time i browse the net on my Note 2 I'm getting "H+" on the status bar in my area while at the same time whenever i call someone i get 3G at the same place, so what is the difference between them? which is better? sorry if it is a noob quastion :D

Reactions: nanonesmiles

tmrbaset

Nov 20, 2007
H+ is for HSDPA+, which delivers much higher speeds than normal 3G. Technically it is an upgraded 3G network. so if you have H+ then your network is faster than if you get only 3G. and H+ is used only for data download. so you will not see it in normal voice calls.

Based on your network, Note II can handle H+ speeds up to 42Mbps. 3G is only 384kbps.

Last edited:

ahmed4never

May 31, 2009
H+ is for HSDPA+, which delivers much higher speeds than normal 3G. Technically it is an upgraded 3G network. so if you have H+ then your network is faster than if you get only 3G. and H+ is used only for data download. so you will not see it in normal voice calls.

Based on your network, Note II can handle H+ speeds up to 42Mbps. 3G is only 384kbps.

thanks alot man for the explanation i thought it is something weaker than 3g, i appreciate your answer :good:

Reactions: dab685

el_roy1985

Dec 17, 2012
Capable of 42Mbps!? I can't imagine anyone ever gets anywhere near that. I only get 35Mbps on my home computer with cable internet.

With H+ in my area, I generally get somewhere around 3Mbps maybe a little higher.

What is the max speed of LTE supposed to be?

Now that I know my phone is capable of 42Mbps (which is faster then my home connection), I really have no problem with not having an LTE phone. Especially since the max speed is probably as probable as seeing a unicorn.

kebabs

Nov 7, 2012
Not to put a damper on it, but H+ doesnt mean DCHSPA as my N7100 shows that symbol and its not DCHSPA capable.

el_roy1985

Dec 17, 2012
Not to put a damper on it, but H+ doesnt mean DCHSPA as my N7100 shows that symbol and its not DCHSPA capable.

That's because H+ means HSPA+. Unless that's what DCHSPA is, but I've never heard it called that before. Even then, are you sure about that? HSPA+ is listed in the specs for this phone.

E_Goldstein

Nov 23, 2011
HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL

H+ is faster than 3g without a doubt
DCHSDPA is known as dual channel ie three uk are dishing it out but us n7100 owners nothing to get excited over its not supported..
Mainly only lte models have dchsdpa only a couple of non lte devices have it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

el_roy1985

Dec 17, 2012
HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL

H+ is faster than 3g without a doubt
DCHSDPA is known as dual channel ie three uk are dishing it out but us n7100 owners nothing to get excited over its not supported..
Mainly only lte models have dchsdpa only a couple of non lte devices have it

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, that sort of clears it up. (Although I don't fully get it, I sorta do) Not like it really matters though. No one is going to get anywhere close to what those technologies are capable of anyways. If they ever do, we will probably all be on our next device anyways(probably more like a few devices down the road).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

every time i browse the net on my Note 2 I'm getting "H+" on the status bar in my area while at the same time whenever i call someone i get 3G at the same place, so what is the difference between them? which is better? sorry if it is a noob quastion :D

thanks alot man for the explanation i thought it is something weaker than 3g, i appreciate your answer :good: