H1_Aladeng Smartwatch-Android 4G SIM, WiFi, 4GBROM, 512MBRAM, Micro-SD Slot, 1080mAH battery-Root?

Search This thread

&oot4peace

Dec 23, 2020
Has anyone looked at the H1_Aladeng Smartwatch? Can root be achieved?
It is advertised mostly as kids smartwatch/tracker but the it's features are nearer to a full smartphone on wrist than most Android Smartwatches.

The Micro-SD slot and 1080mAH battery allows me to listen to music through bluetooth for about 5 hours straight.
And oh yes, I installed MX Player so I can sort the music/videos as I wish.

They say it is 32GB max for micro-SD card, but I have a 400GB installed and it reads fine. And some apps can be installed on SD card. The Sim card slot works so I can get texts, browse and stuff.

No it is not specialized in fitness tracking. Only footsteps counter.

Music sound quality over bluetooth improves after installing Noozxoid. However, If root can be found, I would install ViperXHiFi to increase music quality (I have been able to Magisk root and install ViperXHiFi on Microwear H5 4g Smartwatch which gave up the ghost a few weeks ago).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210408-102506_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210408-102506_Chrome.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 16

~Searcher~

May 6, 2013
Has anyone looked at the H1_Aladeng Smartwatch? Can root be achieved?
It is advertised mostly as kids smartwatch/tracker but the it's features are nearer to a full smartphone on wrist than most Android Smartwatches.

The Micro-SD slot and 1080mAH battery allows me to listen to music through bluetooth for about 5 hours straight.
And oh yes, I installed MX Player so I can sort the music/videos as I wish.

They say it is 32GB max for micro-SD card, but I have a 400GB installed and it reads fine. And some apps can be installed on SD card. The Sim card slot works so I can get texts, browse and stuff.

No it is not specialized in fitness tracking. Only footsteps counter.

Music sound quality over bluetooth improves after installing Noozxoid. However, If root can be found, I would install ViperXHiFi to increase music quality (I have been able to Magisk root and install ViperXHiFi on Microwear H5 4g Smartwatch which gave up the ghost a few weeks ago).
Have found only the way how to get developers mode and enter to engineer menu

1. Click on the build version many times until Developers mode will be enabled
2. In calling type *#*#83781#*#* - you will open Developers menu.

To connect sclock with adb:

Engineer_Menu - tab Debug&Log - USB Debug (enable) - sclock will be able to connect to pc thrue adb.

Last edited:

&oot4peace

Dec 23, 2020
Have found only the way how to get developers mode and enter to engineer menu

1. Click on the build version many times until Developers mode will be enabled
2. In calling type *#*#83781#*#* - you will open Developers menu.

To connect sclock with adb:

Engineer_Menu - tab Debug&Log - USB Debug (enable) - sclock will be able to connect to pc thrue adb.
Hey. Thanks.
Yes I was able to access developers options and other many settings after installing QuickShortcutMaker.
After enabling developer options and usb debugging you I can also issue basic commands like "reboot to bootloader" (reboots to fastboot, usb driver must be installed otherwise device not detected).

Not sure what you mean by sclock, probably new to the term.

~Searcher~

May 6, 2013
Not sure what you mean by sclock, probably new to the term.
smartwatch

regarding fastboot: I have tried all available recoveries for SC9832E:

:( the smartwatch just boots normally as reboot.

adb reboot bootloader - brings it to fastboot
fastboot boot ANYRECOVERY.img just equal to reboot.

:( no any success to start Recovery via fastboot.

there is also not any firmware to research it.

&oot4peace

Dec 23, 2020
smartwatch

regarding fastboot: I have tried all available recoveries for SC9832E:

:( the smartwatch just boots normally as reboot.

adb reboot bootloader - brings it to fastboot
fastboot boot ANYRECOVERY.img just equal to reboot.

:( no any success to start Recovery via fastboot.

there is also not any firmware to research it.

&oot4peace

Dec 23, 2020
Also using the QuickShortcutMaker app, I can see a number of apps installed but hidden, gmail, fm radio...

The FM radio app launches and asks for earphone to be plugged in but does nothing when I plug in micro-usb earphones.

I was able to pull build.prop using ADB and I saw a line with FM radio mentioned, but commented out.

After editing build.prop, of course it would not allow me to push back to system, with Read Only error, because of no root.

~Searcher~

May 6, 2013
because of no root.
looks that the only possible way to get root - to read firmware via SPD Flash tool, but there is no scatter file (partitioning of mmcblock*)
in default firmware all block devices available only to root, so is not even possible from console to grab in sectors begin-end of partitions.

~Searcher~

May 6, 2013
Hi All,
For rooting this smartwatch: unfortunately in original firmware there is no any permission for block devices and it is impossible to read partitions size via linux (android).

there is also no any bin of firmware, besides written in flashmemory chip, there is no even dump of this chip :(

there is no any working recovery for SC9832E, that is possible to run temporally through fastboot boot Recovery.img. Default recovery shows "No command" - there is no known way how to bypass it. OEM is unlocked, there is only 1 button on smartwatch.

If someone could suggest smth or reference to any progress relevant to this device or at least to SC9832E based devices - that will be really great and many thanks in advance !

&oot4peace

Dec 23, 2020
Hi All,
For rooting this smartwatch: unfortunately in original firmware there is no any permission for block devices and it is impossible to read partitions size via linux (android).

there is also no any bin of firmware, besides written in flashmemory chip, there is no even dump of this chip :(

there is no any working recovery for SC9832E, that is possible to run temporally through fastboot boot Recovery.img. Default recovery shows "No command" - there is no known way how to bypass it. OEM is unlocked, there is only 1 button on smartwatch.

If someone could suggest smth or reference to any progress relevant to this device or at least to SC9832E based devices - that will be really great and many thanks in advance !
Do you think if the stock frimware can be obtained from manufacturer, the boot.img can be magisk patched then flashed to gain root?
If yes that would be a goot place to start. I cannot find the firmware/rom anywhere though.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone