H2OS 11 public beta 1 out.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
I can just install the Play Store and be fine, right? US variant, here. I'm also guessing I need to be on Stock, in order to flash? That system_ext.img doesn't flash for me.
Yes just install the playstore apk since it already has the necessary gms core packages contrary to popular beliefs you can run it with your Google apps. Also you need to flash from ota update within the stock rom. You go to system , update ,local update . Remember to have the zip in the main folder of you phone. This will also erase all you data so make sure to backup your data if you need.im attaching the apk of the playstore I'm using.

Attachments

Reactions: draymond1987

draymond1987

Apr 21, 2014
Philadelphia
Yes just install the playstore apk since it already has the necessary gms core packages contrary to popular beliefs you can run it with your Google apps. Also you need to flash from ota update within the stock rom. You go to system , update ,local update . Remember to have the zip in the main folder of you phone. This will also erase all you data so make sure to backup your data if you need.im attaching the apk of the playstore I'm using.
I appreciate you!!

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
Yes it seems like it, but that is the magic of having devs to go around those issues and the magic of customs roms, which should improve more now that a11 is publicly out for this device, also I read from some sources and take it with a grain of salt that OOS A11 beta is coming out January 19th.

Reactions: a g bell

draymond1987

Apr 21, 2014
Philadelphia
Yes it seems like it, but that is the magic of having devs to go around those issues and the magic of customs roms, which should improve more now that a11 is publicly out for this device, also I read from some sources and take it with a grain of salt that OOS A11 beta is coming out January 19th.
I seen on the Chinese forum that it was fixed, question mark?? This was in December.

Edit: Maybe this is a different thing??

Dear friends,

thank you for your anticipation and attention to Hydrogen OS 11!
Because of the OnePlus 7 & 7T series upgrade to Android 11, the problem of data decryption failure after the upgrade was encountered. This problem prevented us from reaching the original plan for the 7 series to adapt to Android 11. We are working with Qualcomm's technical team to strive for a solution as soon as possible. After negotiation, Qualcomm is expected to provide a solution within this week. If it goes well, we will start the closed beta this month and open the public beta as soon as possible in the future.

This post will continue to update the relevant progress. Thanks again for your attention and understanding!

*Note: OnePlus 7 & 7T series use Snapdragon 855 & 855 Plus, which is 8150 platform.

[Progress update]
Dear friends, the current problem has been further resolved. We have opened the OnePlus 7/7T series hydrogen OS 11 internal beta on the 24th of this month, and will open the public beta soon. Thank you for your patience. Follow-up progress will also be synchronized within the post, so stay tuned.

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
I seen on the Chinese forum that it was fixed, question mark?? This was in December.

Edit: Maybe this is a different thing??

Dear friends,

thank you for your anticipation and attention to Hydrogen OS 11!
Because of the OnePlus 7 & 7T series upgrade to Android 11, the problem of data decryption failure after the upgrade was encountered. This problem prevented us from reaching the original plan for the 7 series to adapt to Android 11. We are working with Qualcomm's technical team to strive for a solution as soon as possible. After negotiation, Qualcomm is expected to provide a solution within this week. If it goes well, we will start the closed beta this month and open the public beta as soon as possible in the future.

This post will continue to update the relevant progress. Thanks again for your attention and understanding!

*Note: OnePlus 7 & 7T series use Snapdragon 855 & 855 Plus, which is 8150 platform.

[Progress update]
Dear friends, the current problem has been further resolved. We have opened the OnePlus 7/7T series hydrogen OS 11 internal beta on the 24th of this month, and will open the public beta soon. Thank you for your patience. Follow-up progress will also be synchronized within the post, so stay tuned.
Yeah it was not they did some quick fix for the upgrade, if you try to flash twrp which I already did, even chinese twrp which is working just fine with a11 custom roms you won't be able to decrypt data. So It was just empty words. Anyways at least for me it doesn't change the fact that I can still modify the stock rom as I was doing before on a10 so for me it's not an issue, also we have great a11 custom roms out there that are perhaps even better then stock OOS.

Reactions: draymond1987

KUPOinyourWINDOW

Mar 22, 2014
When using Pixelwave to set a live wallpaper, the icons and time in the top right and left of the screen are dark as if on a super light background, making them unreadable on home screen.

In the customisation section of the settings app, the background displays as a pure nearly white yellowy colour, which might explain it.

Really hope this gets fixed asap but don't know how to get this to the devs, I really miss having those pixel art wallpapers

Attachments

lil_kujo

Oct 29, 2015
When using Pixelwave to set a live wallpaper, the icons and time in the top right and left of the screen are dark as if on a super light background, making them unreadable on home screen.

In the customisation section of the settings app, the background displays as a pure nearly white yellowy colour, which might explain it.

Really hope this gets fixed asap but don't know how to get this to the devs, I really miss having those pixel art wallpapers
You can use the oneplus community app to submit those bugs with logs.