• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

H815 10f Rooted System.img

Search This thread

Indicious Flow

May 11, 2010
Singapore
Thanks @smaberg for providing the firmware for H815's system.img

I've decided to do the hard work and create the rooted system image for you guys.

INSTRUCTIONS!
Quote:
instructions by TEAM_CodeFire modified by smaberg and modified again by me :)

1.) install all windows driver and adb, fastboot files, download and extract LG_Root for appropriate files http://d-h.st/uO8h

2.) Copy rootedsystem.img into the base of your internal storage.

3.) Enable ADB debugging on your device, Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap build number until you are presented with "You are now a developer"
Exit back to Settings main screen. In Developer Options enable USB Debugging (Some devices require enabling PTP for debugging to work)

4.) In the root of LG_Root folder start a command prompt, Inside of LG_Root folder hold shift and right click a blank space you should see "Open command window here"

5.) Well that was easy , let's continue (Now that we have the files on our device we want to put our device is download mode)
Power off your device
When the device is powered off, hold volume up and insert a USB cable connected to the PC
Wait for the drivers to install

6.) Let's find which COM port our device is connected to
Double click ports.bat (This will give us the COM port in which our device is connected we are looking for the Diag port)
Let's run Send_Command.exe (It couldn't connect? Make sure you COM port number is correct it varies)
Code:
Send_Command.exe \\.\COM3

7.) in command prompt Type "id" and press enter (no quotes).
You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root". If not, press CTRL-C, and do step 9 again (the application sometimes doesn't respond on the first command).

8.) in command prompt type
dd if=/data/media/0/rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

9.) After a few minutes of sitting, you should get back a "#" prompt. This indicates the process has finished.
Type "LEAVE" (no quotes) and press enter. Your phone should reboot. DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B00ljY4pVAY4ZFZVeGt3NVdvbVk/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Marcosuper7

May 2, 2012
Spain
Item 8 is wrong, that command is not mine, is the TeamCodeFire.

Deleted my nick.

Thx.

Enviado desde mi LG★G4★H815®

smaberg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2007
T-Mobile H811 10H Version:
Code:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.H81110h.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=548352 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
VZW VS986 11A Version:
Code:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.vs98611a.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=548352 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
International H815 10c Version (NOT H815T, H815TR, H815P, etc - you will lose internationalization and possibly features):
Code:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.H81510c-EU.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
AT&T H810 10G Version:
Code:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.h81010g.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=579584 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
Sprint LS991 ZV5 Version:
Code:
dd if=/data/media/0/system.rooted.LS991ZV5.img bs=8192 seek=65536 count=557312 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0
If your phone isn't listed here DO NOT run these commands on your phone. You will break your phone.
If your phone isn't running the EXACT firmware version specified, you will need to OTA to the proper version to root. If you'd like to not OTA, sit tight while we get a better root together.

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
Can i flash this with flashify ? I am already rooted..

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Did it the as OP discribed now it boots but it says HOME has stopped......now what ?

Reactions: Azhad

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
I've installed nova for now so it works btw it still shows 10 c for me instead of f. :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-H815 met Tapatalk

ceroglu

Jun 20, 2010
So, is this the latest update for system image that fixes the touch issues ? It looks like you are still using the old system image for t-mobile version in your if statement?
Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Indicious Flow

May 11, 2010
Singapore
So, is this the latest update for system image that fixes the touch issues ? It looks like you are still using the old system image for t-mobile version in your if statement?
Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
This completely solves the touch screen issue (for me that is) and the if statement is meant for H815 only, not including T-Mobile/AT&T and such.

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
I'm actually on the SEA rom and I flashed the system image with no issues, no crashes on home and system shows 10f for me. Weird.
Yup it's weird ...this is a screenshot of it ... uploadfromtaptalk1440351865305.png

Indicious Flow

May 11, 2010
Singapore
Yup it's weird ...this is a screenshot of it ...View attachment 3448986

Did you use the ports.bat to check what DIAG port your phone is at, then
Let's run Send_Command.exe (It couldn't connect? Make sure you COM port number is correct it varies)
Code:
Send_Command.exe \\.\COMX <- X is your port value

and the same method of flashing? using the dd if=/data/media/0/rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
Yup mine was port 7 so I used that....only thing I changed was the file name but I also changed that in the dd if data etc etc.

EDIT : Doing the proces again atm.............still the same problem, home has stopped and still C instead of F

Last edited:

Indicious Flow

May 11, 2010
Singapore
Yup mine was port 7 so I used that....only thing I changed was the file name but I also changed that in the dd if data etc etc.

EDIT : Doing the proces again atm.............still the same problem, home has stopped and still C instead of F
Weird, I'm not sure what's the issue behind yours :/ Sorry that I couldn't help. Any other EUR users flashed this and worked mind replying?

Reactions: jayden2009

smaberg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 19, 2007
I posted the commands to flash all the different variants there is(CodeFire made them)... In the middle of the first page.

It works like a charm, just use the correct commands, op didn't include them in the first post so follow mine if your not on the international 815.

And make double sure the drivers for you phone is installed correctly and Think again on Windows 10 ut can be quite a nut for now.

Good luck flashing.... :angel:

Last edited:

jayden2009

Dec 9, 2009
Zaandam
Well I've tried it now for the third time... I have the European 815 I was already on 10C ....and after flashing it still says 10C and still home not working ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks @smaberg for providing the firmware for H815's system.img

I've decided to do the hard work and create the rooted system image for you guys.

INSTRUCTIONS!
    Quote:
    instructions by TEAM_CodeFire modified by smaberg and modified again by me :)

1.) install all windows driver and adb, fastboot files, download and extract LG_Root for appropriate files http://d-h.st/uO8h

2.) Copy rootedsystem.img into the base of your internal storage.

3.) Enable ADB debugging on your device, Go to Settings > About Phone > Software Information and tap build number until you are presented with "You are now a developer"
    Exit back to Settings main screen. In Developer Options enable USB Debugging (Some devices require enabling PTP for debugging to work)

4.) In the root of LG_Root folder start a command prompt, Inside of LG_Root folder hold shift and right click a blank space you should see "Open command window here"

5.) Well that was easy , let's continue (Now that we have the files on our device we want to put our device is download mode)
    Power off your device
    When the device is powered off, hold volume up and insert a USB cable connected to the PC
    Wait for the drivers to install

6.) Let's find which COM port our device is connected to
    Double click ports.bat (This will give us the COM port in which our device is connected we are looking for the Diag port)
    Code:
    Send_Command.exe \\.\COM3

7.) in command prompt Type "id" and press enter (no quotes).
    You should get back some text starting with "uid=(0)root gid=(0)root". If not, press CTRL-C, and do step 9 again (the application sometimes doesn't respond on the first command).

8.) in command prompt type
    dd if=/data/media/0/rootedsystem.img bs=8192 seek=55296 count=529920 of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

9.) After a few minutes of sitting, you should get back a "#" prompt. This indicates the process has finished.
    Type "LEAVE" (no quotes) and press enter. Your phone should reboot. DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Download link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B00ljY4pVAY4ZFZVeGt3NVdvbVk/view?usp=sharing
    Worked fine on my H815 TWN model (previously rooted with SEA 10b image).. though I lost exfat support flashing this 10f img...no big deal.

Also had to reflash Xposed (after which all modules automatically activated) and had to re-install busybox for Viper.

Touch sensativity is noticeably improved..no more incessant double tapping to wake...yay!!

Thankyou for your efforts!:D:D
    Item 8 is wrong, that command is not mine, is the TeamCodeFire.

Deleted my nick.

Thx.

Enviado desde mi LG★G4★H815®
    Noted. Removed your nick :)
    Can i flash this with flashify ? I am already rooted..

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Did it the as OP discribed now it boots but it says HOME has stopped......now what ?

Weird, I'm not sure what's the issue behind yours :/ Sorry that I couldn't help. Any other EUR users flashed this and worked mind replying?