H8314 firmware on an SO-05K model possible?

Search This thread

drychemical

Jun 3, 2022
Hi what recovery did you use? And did need to pay something when unlocking the bootloader?
I used the Lineage OS 19.1 Recovery, which works with SO-05K (but not the ROM itself unfortunately). Although I think(?) you can still use the stock recovery. You only need to access fastboot to flash the ROM anyway. Just going
Code:
fastboot -w
fastboot flash system [name of treble img]
should work.
Unfortunately yes I did have to pay to unlock the bootloader, 'twas very skeptical but yeah it did work. You should be able to find the software you need with some digging.

David-538

Oct 28, 2020
I used the Lineage OS 19.1 Recovery, which works with SO-05K (but not the ROM itself unfortunately). Although I think(?) you can still use the stock recovery. You only need to access fastboot to flash the ROM anyway. Just going
Code:
fastboot -w
should work.
Unfortunately yes I did have to pay to unlock the bootloader, 'twas very skeptical but yeah it did work. You should be able to find the software you need with some digging.
Thanks for the quick reply btw. Okay so everything gets flashed via fastboot basically? What if one uses twrp, does it get wiped after every reboot or something? This is my first a/b device lol...

Reactions: drychemical

drychemical

Jun 3, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply btw. Okay so everything gets flashed via fastboot basically? What if one uses twrp, does it get wiped after every reboot or something? This is my first a/b device lol...
It shouldn't get wiped after every reboot with TWRP, though to be honest I barely use TWRP now as it isn't too useful for me if it can't unencrypt Android 12. But yeah, you should be fine doing everything via fastboot flashing-wise. (Unless you want root access, in which case I just patched the Lineage OS recovery with Magisk, and that worked fine.)

David-538

Oct 28, 2020
It shouldn't get wiped after every reboot with TWRP, though to be honest I barely use TWRP now as it isn't too useful for me if it can't unencrypt Android 12. But yeah, you should be fine doing everything via fastboot flashing-wise. (Unless you want root access, in which case I just patched the Lineage OS recovery with Magisk, and that worked fine.)
Ok, but one can just patch the boot.img itself after having successfully flashed and booted the gsi system/vendor images right? But how did you patch the recovery anyway? Did just extract it contents and patched a particular file, via the magisk app? r I'm asuming that recoveries contain boot images, but could be very wrong just confirmation... 😅

Edit: What vendor did you use also?

drychemical

Jun 3, 2022
Ok, but one can just patch the boot.img itself after having successfully flashed booted the gsi image right? But how did you patch the recovery anyway? Did just extract it contents and patched a particular file, via the magisk app? r I'm asuming that recoveries contain boot images, but could be very wrong just confirmation... 😅
You need the recovery file itself to patch with magisk, then you can just go
Code:
fastboot flash boot [magisk patched img]
The reason I patched the Lineage OS recovery instead of the recovery that ships with the SO-05K is because I couldn't get the boot.img from the firmware, so it was just easier for me to patch the Lineage OS one instead.
Also you can do that after installing the GSI, yes.

David-538

Oct 28, 2020
Code:
The reason I patched the Lineage OS recovery instead of the recovery that ships with the SO-05K is because I couldn't get the boot.img from the firmware, so it was just easier for me to patch the Lineage OS one instead.
Okay, thanks

Reactions: drychemical

drychemical

Jun 3, 2022
hi, you all started well, but got diverted and ended without any solutions🤐. my only question is... is there any custom rom for SO-05K?
To my knowledge, there are none.
I have also tried the SODP and Lineage OS 19.1 ROMs despite them not supporting SO-05K and unsurprisngly they did not work either.
The only option is either just using stock or using a Treble ROM (which does not support the camera).

kufuska23

Jun 17, 2022
Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact
To my knowledge, there are none.
I have also tried the SODP and Lineage OS 19.1 ROMs despite them not supporting SO-05K and unsurprisngly they did not work either.
The only option is either just using stock or using a Treble ROM (which does not support the camera).
why no custom rom developers are not helping in this regard? is it posible to create any custom rom for this Japanese model SO-05K? is there any restriction in creating one?

asdf2345

Feb 3, 2018
Not sure if I can get a global ROM installed, but does anyone have this phone bootloader unlocked and able to use TWRP? I have something I'd like to test.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got a SO-05K with unlocked bootloader and I'd love to flash LineageOS or any other custom andriod rom but I'm not sure if its compatible and I'd hate to brick my device.
    Does anyone have an idea if its possible?
    Is there a program that will allow scan a rom and tell me to if it supports SO-05K?
    I've kept trying to flash global firmware to no avail, even modifying the source code of newflasher to stop it from returning after facing any error just results in another error:
    Code:
    Error, didn't got flash OKAY reply! Got reply: FAILCommand not authenticated
    This error isn't actually part of newflasher and I'm assuming is from the phone itself.

I've also tried mix-matching the files from the Japanese and the Global roms, because at this point I don't really care if the phone bricks itself lol. But yeah, still no luck, either it just flashes as the regular Japanese firmware with no noticeable changes, or it just straight up fails.

Very disappointing!

The closest thing I have achieved is installing a treble ROM on the device, however the camera is non-functioning which is a dealbreaker for me.
    Code:
    fastboot -w
    should work.
    Code:
    Okay, thanks
    alguien probo esto?