H870 EU Model Pie developement(v29a)

Search This thread

oia12344321

Aug 20, 2013
After 1 week test, the only bug I encounter was fingerprint (sometimes doesnt work and cause random restarts - but if u dont use it no problems at all)

matthew33

Nov 24, 2010
WALES, UK
Apart from a few icon and colour changes, I can't see hardly any difference to Pie.

Anyone got a list of anything about LG G6 Pie that's different to LG G6 Oreo?

cheers
Matt

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Credits????

Credits etc go to this lot:

https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg6/comments/cbhvy4/testing_out_pie_on_h870_v29a/

Matt

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Any sources? :)

Source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/lgg6/comments/cbhvy4/testing_out_pie_on_h870_v29a/

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

If you do not have root, use this one FOTA:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mh5hVDqvztvslA8k22YYFEFF1v96MSh1

Matt

lepolg

Jul 19, 2019
I had to use the pack i'm linking to and use Uppercut.exe instead of LGUP.exe to downgrade. Once you load up Uppercut it should already be selected to Upgrade/Update so just choose your Oreo KDZ and click start to start downgrading.

i am getting this msg "LGUP can't load the model[C\Progrem Files(x86)\LGElectoronics\LGUP\model\com"

I'm trying to downgrade to Oreo, but this message is appearing on LGUP / Uppercut

can you help me?

Vegeta.

Mar 17, 2019
Hi, I wanted to install this update, what version of LG UP to use? And I also want to know if it is compatible with Latin American teams since the H870 model is the same or is there any inconvenience?

jjfgsyg

Dec 25, 2015
Hi, I would like to try this rom, but.... I am in 20 h because I can not upgrade to 20i, I have tried several times and with several twrp and there is no way.
My twrp is 3.2.3 alpha nebula. Could I install this update from my 20 h version?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi LG-H870 mediante Tapatalk

pococos

Jul 31, 2019
Hi, I would like to try this rom, but.... I am in 20 h because I can not upgrade to 20i, I have tried several times and with several twrp and there is no way.
My twrp is 3.2.3 alpha nebula. Could I install this update from my 20 h version?
Thanks

The update is designed to be installed after 20i, probably because 20i prepare your device to PIE.
Imho I wouldn't install 29a on a 20h

Reactions: jjfgsyg

adamo000

Nov 20, 2010
Białystok
Thanks

Did you try recovery from this post (TWRP Version: 3.2.3-1 by runningnak3d)?
Try also this one (OrangeFox by armandop_).

phddudlexxx

Jul 19, 2015
Harare
I HAD THE SAME ISSUES:

For the mtp not running: just reinstall lg drivers or check device manager for drivers in errors, and plug/unplug

For the spc code error: youre running on a wrong rom version (later the explaining)

For the error after FOTA EASY during android update: youre running a wrong version (explaining later)

For errors after restarting during firmware update: youre running a wrong version

I HAD THE V20J, NOT THE V20i. WHATEVER VERSION YOURE RUNNING FLASH AS UPGRADE WITH LGUP THE .kdz NO CARRIER ROM FOR YOUR COUNTRY

(lgfirmware.com something like this)

After that you can easily fota upgrade with lgup the .up Pie beta

Hello. Please do help me how you managed to win eventually. I am on the V20J H870 model. Even tho its international, it is a South African International version. I have tried the V20i and it gives me same error aas the v20J which is spc code error.

adamo000

Nov 20, 2010
Białystok
Hi, thanks, the orange twrp is the only one I haven't tried yet.
I'm not sure if I flahd that twrp I lose the rom

I didn't lose. I flashed orange fox before flash Pie. First of all I backuped current os (Oreo soft with all partitions) and then I flashed Pie from zip provided few posts ago.
I also performed dirty flash on Pie and nothing bad happened.
Try and let us know. Do remember, always make a copy.

Flashing_Expert

Sep 21, 2013
Jihlava
I'm surprised

Dirty flashed this update via LG UP on 20i firmware (I had to downgrade from 20j) and to be honest, so far so good, no bugs, battery life is really improved, system is smooth, only thing I see as some sort of bug is that loading system after restart takes more time than on official Oreo. IMHO this is pretty much daily driver without any issues. :good:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone