[H910][Oreo][Stock][Rooted] AT&T LG V20 Stock Oreo rooted flashable zip

Search This thread

partyman66

Dec 2, 2014
I've been using this ROM pretty much from the first week that the stock Oreo rooted 20h came out and with MK2000. My phone runs great in general except that idle drain is poor. I have my phone customized to hell so it basically sleeps 99.9% of the time when the screen is off, yet even in airplane mode I lose about 2% battery per hour (using a fresh Perfine LIPO 4100 battery). I've tried with 2 other batteries and it does the same. I can only assume either my hardware is defective or the Kernel is doing something to piss through battery. I do have quite a few kernel wakelocks going on according to BetterBatteryStats and a ton of errors show up in my log which are presumably kernel related.

My question is does H910_20h_Oreo_full_rooted.zip work with the kernel that comes with it, or do you need to use MK2000 to have a fully working rooted Oreo with this ROM? I was thinking of trying to go back and run the stock kernel with my system to see if battery life is affected in any way.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
I've been using this ROM pretty much from the first week that the stock Oreo rooted 20h came out and with MK2000. My phone runs great in general except that idle drain is poor. I have my phone customized to hell so it basically sleeps 99.9% of the time when the screen is off, yet even in airplane mode I lose about 2% battery per hour (using a fresh Perfine LIPO 4100 battery). I've tried with 2 other batteries and it does the same. I can only assume either my hardware is defective or the Kernel is doing something to piss through battery. I do have quite a few kernel wakelocks going on according to BetterBatteryStats and a ton of errors show up in my log which are presumably kernel related.

My question is does H910_20h_Oreo_full_rooted.zip work with the kernel that comes with it, or do you need to use MK2000 to have a fully working rooted Oreo with this ROM? I was thinking of trying to go back and run the stock kernel with my system to see if battery life is affected in any way.
If I remember correctly the stock boot.img is in the rom. It just doesn't get flashed.

If not it's in my AFH

You will have static on boot up and have to cycle the screen off and back on to get past it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

partyman66

Dec 2, 2014
If I remember correctly the stock boot.img is in the rom. It just doesn't get flashed.

If not it's in my AFH

You will have static on boot up and have to cycle the screen off and back on to get past it

Thanks for replying.

I ended up booting into TWRP and creating a whole backup of my phone, installing the original ROM that I used to build mine from, and then without rebooting out of TWRP I installed the backup that I had just created but unchecked the BOOT partition. Reinstalled TWRP from the recovery Image just in case and then rebooted the phone and it's all good now. This successfully reverted my existing phone image to the stock\Non-MK2000 Kernel. Everything works fine except that I now have to deal with the annoyance of screen retention.

I'm looking into building my own kernel for this thing based off of stock if I can get my development environment to successfully compile the original LG Kernel code.

markm75

Nov 7, 2012
Pittsburgh
Question on the process for oreo for the 910 20..
I have the recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-h910.img installed.
I folllowed the steps and installed:
H910_20h_Oreo_full_rooted.zip and added zips for H910_v1.0-mk2000.zip and what i thought i needed, SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip but now realize supersu is outdated, so at this point only mk2000 is on there.

The phone appears to be up to date and on oreo. Initially the free root checker seemed to say it wasnt rooted, but on second run it show it is.

I tried to run magisk manager but it says unfortunately magisk manager has stopped. (edit possibly related to the fact i didnt add any magisk 17.2 as a zip to flash, actually unsure where this file is located? can i do this now after the fact or does it matter)?
So at this point i think i missed something, maybe not fully rooted?

Questions are: does it matter if its not rooted? Will certain oreo features not work? Or, is this some isolated issue with just the manager not wanting to run?

The OS shows 8.0.0 (so i guess not 8.1), software version h91020h

*i also tried to do volume up plus power did the factory wipe, but the twrp menu no longer appears, it just formats things back to stock 8.0 welcome

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Question on the process for oreo for the 910 20..
I have the recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-h910.img installed.
I folllowed the steps and installed:
H910_20h_Oreo_full_rooted.zip and added zips for H910_v1.0-mk2000.zip and what i thought i needed, SR5-SuperSU-v2.78-SR5-20161130091551.zip but now realize supersu is outdated, so at this point only mk2000 is on there.

The phone appears to be up to date and on oreo. Initially the free root checker seemed to say it wasnt rooted, but on second run it show it is.

I tried to run magisk manager but it says unfortunately magisk manager has stopped. (edit possibly related to the fact i didnt add any magisk 17.2 as a zip to flash, actually unsure where this file is located? can i do this now after the fact or does it matter)?
So at this point i think i missed something, maybe not fully rooted?

Questions are: does it matter if its not rooted? Will certain oreo features not work? Or, is this some isolated issue with just the manager not wanting to run?

The OS shows 8.0.0 (so i guess not 8.1), software version h91020h

*i also tried to do volume up plus power did the factory wipe, but the twrp menu no longer appears, it just formats things back to stock 8.0 welcome
The rom overwrite TWRP with stock recovery. Did you follow the instructions to flash the mk2000 kernel and TWRP?

tarpaga

Dec 24, 2019
@clsA i am getting the same issue with this person. Even after flashing the rom with the new recovery and mk2000 v2.0 kernel. I still get this crash with green like screen.. how can it be fixed? Thanks
As I learned here, green screen is due to modems issues.
After installation, I couldn't get network signal so I did
Code:
fastboot flash modem modem.img
with my dumped modem file from LGUP
Now I get network signal but lost fingerprint :(

tarpaga

Dec 24, 2019
Strange. I have everything working including fingerprint.
Maybe u need to do everything fresh to get working.
Go back to f800l nougat by flashing nougat kdz. Root it dirty Santa. Then Twrp for Oreo(H910 Twrp recovery) Format data reboot back to recovery. Install H910 rooted Oreo rom and H910 latest Oreo kernel as described. Then flash modem.img in twrp. Thats how I did it.

No Nougat kdz for H910.
The modem that comes with the zip in OP lets the fingerprint work but no network signal :(.
Flashing the Nougat modem I dumped with LGUP brings back network but fingerprint is lost.
Any help will be greatly appreciated ?

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
No Nougat kdz for H910.
The modem that comes with the zip in OP lets the fingerprint work but no network signal :(.
Flashing the Nougat modem I dumped with LGUP brings back network but fingerprint is lost.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

do you have an ATT Sim ?
you can flash the stock 20G rom and get the OTA to 20H
this would update all your modem files together.

modemst1 and modemst2, fsc contain your IMEI and cannot be flashed on other devices
this is why their not flashed with the Rom

All the files in the Rom are from ATT, and dumped with LGUP after the OTA update is installed
Only changes made by me are the eng aboot and the patched_boot.img
if you look inside the rom I actually left the original files in their too (they just don't get flashed)

Also All my Roms for the V20 overwrite TWRP with stock recovery
Be sure you flash TWRP after any Rom or you'll be back to square one

Last edited:

tarpaga

Dec 24, 2019
do you have an ATT Sim ?
Nope, I don't live in the US...

You can flash the stock 20G rom and get the OTA to 20H
Not having/using an AT&T SIM won't let me get the OTA as I read here.

modemst1 and modemst2, fsc contain your IMEI and cannot be flashed on other devices
this is why their not flashed with the Rom
All the files in the Rom are from ATT, and dumped with LGUP after the OTA update is installed
Only changes made by me are the eng aboot and the patched_boot.img
if you look inside the rom I actually left the original files in their too (they just don't get flashed)
Thanks for these valuable informations ?
I think I'll put an end to my quest here without the fingerprint.
Thanks again for all ?

rodogg88

Oct 30, 2010
can someone provide me with step by step instructions to install this rom over Android Nougat (rooted with TWRP installed)? I still rock the h910 as my main phone and wanna upgrade to nougat to keep the second screen working (i like this feature). I dont know what dirty flash means. do I just download the rom and install with twrp then do a wipe and restart?

rodogg88

Oct 30, 2010
can someone provide me with step by step instructions to install this rom over Android Nougat (rooted with TWRP installed)? I still rock the h910 as my main phone and wanna upgrade to nougat to keep the second screen working (i like this feature). I dont know what dirty flash means. do I just download the rom and install with twrp then do a wipe and restart?

nevermind, figured it out.

sudds65

Nov 1, 2015
Springfield
OnePlus 6
Is there possibly another link to the file? I'm getting 0 kB/s when trying to download. It keeps stalling out around 1.3 GB. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

---------- Post added at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Is there possibly another link to the file? I'm getting 0 kB/s when trying to download. It keeps stalling out around 1.3 GB. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NVM, paid for membership and switched the download mirror

(update: when I tried it now, it found a mirror. downloading it now.)

Does paying for membership guarantee that it'll find a mirror with "H910_20h_Oreo_full_rooted.zip"? I keep getting "Oops! No mirrors found!".

I don't care about spending $1.99, but I'll be pissed if I pay it and it still can't find any mirrors with the file. If it just queued me up behind 400 other people, or limited the download speed to 1kbps, I'd just go ahead and pay... but that particular error message doesn't exactly give me confidence that paying actually WILL solve the problem...

Last edited:

neptunej

Jan 25, 2013
Had this problem and figured it out. You have a F800 device made as H910. Flashing the rom in the OP will get you fingerprint but no modem. All you can do to restore both fingerprint and modem is to fastbook modem1 and modem2 from F800 stock rom and you'd have both network and fingerprint. Tried same method on 5 devices with same issue and had success on them all

dornz

Feb 19, 2013
Ok , so dirtyflashed over 7.0 rooted nougat & after reboot static screen on some bits until boot and then you can sign in but if remove battery & power up again you would have to sign in to google again:
Fix: had to push recovery with adb on Kali and then rebooted to recovery & flashed kernel which fixed all static & after that just a case of rebooting to twrp & flash migisk root zip :good:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-10-12-09-40-05.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-12-09-40-05.png
    208.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_2020-10-12-15-49-34.png
    Screenshot_2020-10-12-15-49-34.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 41
Had this problem and figured it out. You have a F800 device made as H910. Flashing the rom in the OP will get you fingerprint but no modem. All you can do to restore both fingerprint and modem is to fastbook modem1 and modem2 from F800 stock rom and you'd have both network and fingerprint. Tried same method on 5 devices with same issue and had success on them all
I have backed up modemst1 and modemst2 after installing this rom. Is there anything else I can do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good Morning

New: Well AT&T updated us to Sept Security patch
    here's the new Stock rooted rom > H910_20h_Oreo_full_rooted.zip > https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1322778262904015326

Tested by @darkknight200
    i dirty flashed over the 20g rooted setup. It booted up fine and works like normal.
    Now have to debloat att apps and restore twrp. This time i used twrp app to restore twrp right in system and it worked properly. Saves the hassle to go into fastboot to push twrp.

All in all those are minor inconveniences, The zip is fine.
    Thanks allot man.

After @NotYetADev posted his VS995 rooted Oreo We decided to give it a try on the H910.

It's not perfect but it does work. You'll need to Format Data and flash the H910_20g_Oreo_full_rooted.zip + the Newest - H910_mk2000 kernel from recovery-twrp-h910-2018-10-18.img

Your phone will be wiped and updated to Stock rooted Oreo so backup your phone first!

If you have never rooted your H910 you'll need to use the guide here first > https://xdaforums.com/v20/how-to/root-h910-v10m-t3664500

Note: when you get where you would flash 10r just use my rom instead. Don't forget to flash the kernel after the rom
    Note2: Flash TWRP again before you reboot (Install / Install Image / recovery-twrp-h910-2018-10-18.img to Recovery

It's also recommended to use the new TWRP for Oreo found here > https://xdaforums.com/v20/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-t3720239
    Note: you'll have to flash TWRP back to the phone after flashing the rom and kernel because it installs stock recovery.

If you have any problems getting DATA on any sim other than AT&T check this post to fix your APN > https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=79619740&postcount=244
    Thanks @StrikerTheHedgefox

After your phone is setup be sure and install the Magisk apk

Hide unlocked Bootloader warning boot screen by 4shared < This removes the ugly pink and black screen on reboot. I tested it and it works great

Huge thanks go to @darkknight200 and @askermk2000 for the Idea and the kernel.
    Can you just flash the Oreo rom from recovery and then flash TWRP recovery back from the same recovery session in TWRP without rebooting or do you neeed to boot up once into the Oreo version of the Rom with the stock recovery before putting TWRP back?

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Did you check the MD5 hash on the download before installing it? You apparently also need to use the Oreo-compliant newer version of TWRP to flash it. There is a link for that in the main post.

Hey, saw that this wasn't answered yet. Here is how I flashed both v20g and v20h. I did exactly what you're asking about. I flashed Oreo, then re-flashed the correct Oreo version of TWRP from the same recovery session. It worked both times. Obviously when I went from v20g to h, I did not fully wipe, I just dirty flashed right over it. There's no reason you can't just flash v20h directly, at least I don't think so; it should be a full image and not a differential update. These instructions will assume you're going from anything Nougat based to Oreo. You have to install the Oreo version of TWRP as your first step, and then reboot (from within TWRP) into recovery again. Don't try flashing Oreo using the older versions of TWRP. These instructions assume you're already on the proper version of TWRP!

1. I made a full nandroid backup. I chose system, not system image and data, not the beta option that includes media. I usually just copy /sdcard over to /external-sd and rename it to /external-sd/.sdcard
    2. I went into the Wipe menu, and completely wiped "system" and then also chose the option to wipe "data" without wiping /data/media. Don't remember if it matter or not. Pretty sure it didn't, and my "internal SD card" was wiped. That's why I copied the entire thing in Step 1
    3. Flashed v20h ZIP
    4. Flashed mk2000 ZIP
    5. Flashed Magisk 17.1 ZIP - I've been informed this step is superfluous since mk2k is already patched for Magisk, but it didinstall Magisk Manager for me, so, do what you want.
    6. Flashed TWRP Image
    7. Went one step further and did all of my debloating before first boot! I've added two screenshots at the bottom to show what I copied off to the SD card and then completely deleted from /system/ - Wi-Fi Calling still works (AT&T customer)
    8. Wipe cache and dalvik
    9. "Fix Contents" (because you've been using TWRP to manually delete things in /system/)
    10. "Reboot to System"

It powered up, went straight to the AT&T logo (when I went from v20g to v20h - when I initially installed v20g, it rebooted three times before I saw the AT&T logo) re-did all the odex / oat / Dalvik stuff ("Upgrading Android" screen) then the LG theme app undid all of my substratum overlays and restarted System UI. Which was nice, because normally when you forget them running before you update, you get stuck in a force close loop.

What I deleted from /system/priv-apps/
    b4obs1W.png

What I deleted from /system/vendor/app/
    pCdbqou.png

SafetyNet a-OK :good:
    GTrlFqP.png

You can probably get away with de-bloating more. I saw no need to; these were the most annoying, persistent, and/or resource intensive pieces of bloat aboard. Too lazy to check the screenshots, not sure if I trashed YouTube too initially, but I ended up deleting it from wherever it was and then also unlinking it from the Play Store because I use the Vanced Magisk module and I like to hit "Update All" without worrying about it disappearing.

Good luck!
    I would tell you to poke around thermal-engine-8996.conf and edit a few lines, but it isn't the same anymore and it looks like gibberish when I try to edit it. Previously it was plain-text and had a few very overzealous configuration options that damn near limited you to 500 ma charging almost all the time. Any temps above 40, the screen being on, you name it, limited charging speed.

On the bright side, it looks like I didn't hhave to edit it on Oreo because I've been on v20h for a few days now and it works great!

Debloating was a bit of a PITA - I use Facebook, but I don't wwant Facebook as a bloody system app! Seriously AT&T/LG?! Some of the apps kept bringing themselves back from the dead too!!! I finally used SD Maid Pro and completely nuked Lookout, Facebook, Facebook Installer, Facebook App Manager, all of the DirecTV ****, and every other AT&T app other than myAT&T which I just froze (disabled) and Device Help, which I froze in either Ti Backup or SD Maid because Android wouldn't allow me to disable it. Caller Name ID nuked too, the only ones I think I kept too was Hot Spots, and it's also frozen. Any remaining AT&T apps I went after and made sure they had absolutely 0 permissions left. I know one of them was actively redownloading **** like DIRECTV as I was uninstalling it. Assholes. None of said de-bloating broke Wi-Fi Calling or VoLTE. Thx again OP.

Also, I don't remember where I saw it asked, but I can confirm that Oreo hasn't broken HDMI - it still works with my Microsoft Display Dock - SlimPort is DisplayPort over USB-C, and anything capable of handling that should still work.

Only real nuisance is being unable to get Bromite WebView working, but it should work once I change the package name.

And in case anyone is curious, none of my de bloating tripped Safety Net. If you somehow managed to, there's a Magisk module for editing device fingerprint that may help, here's mine from before I started cleaning up. I don't think any of it is personally identifying, but if it is, please tell me so I can edit it out
    Code:
    lge/elsa_att_us/elsa:8.0.0/OPR1.170623.032/181871124f959:user/release-keys
    LOL -- so they check for stock recovery, and if it isn't there, then: "NO DATA FOR YOU!". I wonder if that was intentional.... I doubt it since they could have just as easily checked for the eng aboot and refused to allow data, or even boot.

Glad you got it figured out ;)

-- Brian
    Seems the quality is getting worse on these cards recently.

As I understand there's a lot of "pirating" going on with sd-cards. I was reading up on the matter a while
    back, and it seems it is to such an extent that you cannot be sure you got the real stuff almost no matter
    where you buy it from.

Even if it's not outright fake wares, it could be the manufacturer itself who sells mislabeled or subpar cards
    in some cases.
    At least that is what I read, but it is not such a stretch to imagine it's true.

One thing is definitely true; if you buy from Ebay... beware