• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[h918] Accidentally Wiped System in TWRP, What To Do?

Search This thread
Aug 21, 2014
To make a long story short, I've had the V20 TMO since release and have had it with the unofficial LOS 16.1 for a while. I saw that LOS 18.1 was out and decided to give it a try. Ran into a few issues with the recent nightly, so I decided I wanted to wipe and try a fresh install. Been a few years since I've flashed any ROMs or anything, so I made the silly mistake of wiping system... Oops.

Is there any quick ways to getting my phone back in working order? Preferably without going stock/unrooted and needing to reroot and such again? Is it possible to just gram a system.img, flash it, then put my LOS 18.1 on and be good-to-go?

Last edited:

AShiningRay

Sep 1, 2021
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
LG V20
To make a long story short, I've had the V20 TMO since release and have had it with the unofficial LOS 16.1 for a while. I saw that LOS 18.1 was out and decided to give it a try. Ran into a few issues with the recent nightly, so I decided I wanted to wipe and try a fresh install. Been a few years since I've flashed any ROMs or anything, so I made the silly mistake of wiping system... Oops.

Is there any quick ways to getting my phone back in working order? Preferably without going stock/unrooted and needing to reroot and such again? Is it possible to just gram a system.img, flash it, then put my LOS 18.1 on and be good-to-go?
If you wiped only the system partition and can still access TWRP, just doing a dirty flash (i.e. flashing the zip without wiping anything else) of the last ROM you were using should be enough to get it back to how it was before the system wipe.