• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[H918] Stock DeOdex Flashable ROM.

Search This thread

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
Xposed would be awesome!!
I dont think xposed is android 7 compatible yet

so when can we expect a stable, flashable rom? and how hard will it be to incorporate the features from the V10?

ex G4 tweakbox etc
The flashable rom, im not sure... The zip i create never flashes. Im too inexperienced to figure it out. I'll have to do some more reading/learning. I dont have a lot of time on my hands either.

The tweaks, it would be a little difficult, but i couldnt get started in til i have a flashable zip.

@Tilde88 Does this erase all our current data on the phone? I don't want to start from scratch
No. The sysyem.img overwrites your current /system bit for bit. It does not modify or erase /data

Reactions: dfogelstrom

dfogelstrom

Dec 20, 2010
I dont think xposed is android 7 compatible yet

The flashable rom, im not sure... The zip i create never flashes. Im too inexperienced to figure it out. I'll have to do some more reading/learning. I dont have a lot of time on my hands either.

The tweaks, it would be a little difficult, but i couldnt get started in til i have a flashable zip.

No. The sysyem.img overwrites your current /system bit for bit. It does not modify or erase /data

So the file size is 1.15 GB. Just flash in TWRP (is there an option to flash .img files?) and I'll be dedexed and debloated? I just want to be 100% Thank you for all your hard work and quick replies!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

@Tilde88 also, swipe is removed? Is there a way to get back certain items that we like?

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
I see Sprint apps removed but you say still to do is to remove tmo stuff Is this a Sprint system.img? I know the Sprint guys don't have root yet.

So the file size is 1.15 GB. Just flash in TWRP (is there an option to flash .img files?) and I'll be dedexed and debloated? I just want to be 100% Thank you for all your hard work and quick replies!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

@Tilde88 also, swipe is removed? Is there a way to get back certain items that we like?
Yes you will have a button in twrp that says install img (after you hit install). This will effectively replace your system directory to a deodexex build. Since we only have one base at the moment, this is compatible with all tmobile v20s. It will not remove data or change any settings/customizations. If you froze or removed any apps from /system, they will be back to normal. Swype still sorks by default. Anything that I remove will not break any functionality.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfogelstrom

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Sent from my LG-H918 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Well the problem im facing, is that when you go to build the ROM, it asks how to detect the partition table. At first, i used an .img as the detection source. But this gave me an error that /system did not exist.
So then i did a detection through adb shell. If i do it while the phone is boot, im unable to pull the partition table(even though it is allowed root). So i used the adb shell in recovery... This allowed the compiler to build an actual zip, and then sign it. But twrp fails to flash the zip. It only says "formatting /system" and then fails with "error signal 6". It seems to be an issue with the updater-script.

I could use some help from someone who know on how to build a flashable zip. Im at work now, but ill try again in like 7 hours when i get home

nyfl2004

Aug 29, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Fl
Well the problem im facing, is that when you go to build the ROM, it asks how to detect the partition table. At first, i used an .img as the detection source. But this gave me an error that /system did not exist.
So then i did a detection through adb shell. If i do it while the phone is boot, im unable to pull the partition table(even though it is allowed root). So i used the adb shell in recovery... This allowed the compiler to build an actual zip, and then sign it. But twrp fails to flash the zip. It only says "formatting /system" and then fails with "error signal 6". It seems to be an issue with the updater-script.

I could use some help from someone who know on how to build a flashable zip. Im at work now, but ill try again in like 7 hours when i get home
No worries, I'll take a look when I get home also. We should be able to get it squared away.

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
No worries, I'll take a look when I get home also. We should be able to get it squared away.
Ok great! Here is the .zip. It does say "formatting system", but I assure you it never actually formats. It might be as simple as a syntax error, but this script was generated by the kitchen.

If anyone could please take a look at why this zip errors out with "signal 6", i would greatly appreciate it
This zip is the stock rom, deodex, debloated (default debloat, and a few more apps removed by me). It also includes the modified kernel. Thanks so much!
(Also, I gave my VM another 4CPU cores, and 8 more gigs of RAM, so compiling ROMs takes a lot less time now. Although, if I am correct, this very zip could just have the updater-script updated, and no need to recompile.).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
https://mega.nz/#!XAEEATBQ!6KyUh5dH4s3o5m_TPDKqOvFr1YGcQ3gRyvKXZWi4-jk

Reactions: nyfl2004

nyfl2004

Aug 29, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Fl
Ok great! Here is the .zip. It does say "formatting system", but I assure you it never actually formats. It might be as simple as a syntax error, but this script was generated by the kitchen.

If anyone could please take a look at why this zip errors out with "signal 6", i would greatly appreciate it
This zip is the stock rom, deodex, debloated (default debloat, and a few more apps removed by me). It also includes the modified kernel. Thanks so much!
(Also, I gave my VM another 4CPU cores, and 8 more gigs of RAM, so compiling ROMs takes a lot less time now. Although, if I am correct, this very zip could just have the updater-script updated, and no need to recompile.).

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
https://mega.nz/#!XAEEATBQ!6KyUh5dH4s3o5m_TPDKqOvFr1YGcQ3gRyvKXZWi4-jk
Easy peasy. So this is a different link from the one in OP?

Tilde88

Nov 5, 2008
Easy peasy. So this is a different link from the one in OP?

Yes. The OP is merely a RAW system.img that overwrites your /system . This is a full .zip including system and boot.img. If we can get this to flash, it will be the best way to format the lhone and go back to stock rooted deodex.

nyfl2004

Aug 29, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Fl
Yes. The OP is merely a RAW system.img that overwrites your /system . This is a full .zip including system and boot.img. If we can get this to flash, it will be the best way to format the lhone and go back to stock rooted deodex.
Gotcha, I'll let you know later [emoji106]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello! Here is a flashable ROM for the LG v20! This is STOCK, rooted, and deODEXd

(This ROM here is Stock ODEXd, and rooted for those who want that instead.)
    This ROM can be used to restore your phone in the event of bootloops, crashing, accidentally wiping /system, broke your kernel, deleted a system app, or whatever... We finally have a way to fix our phone OS! So I hope this turns on the spark on you modders out there.
    This zip will NOT wipe your data. It will wipe /system. It is not necessary (currently) to wipe /data for this, since we are all on the same exact base.
    This ROM comes pre-rooted, comes with the insecure kernel (no mods done to kernel, just disabled the security bit). The kernel comes with no-verity, and no force encrypt. So if your /data was not already encrypted, you can flash without worry of encryption. If you do not wipe /data, it is highly recommended to at least wipe /cache and Dalvik cache.

Major thanks to @JesusFreke for smali+baksmali, also for debugging it to work with Nougat
    Major thanks to @SuperR. for the kitchen :))
    Major thanks to @Chainfire for creating SuperSU
    Major thanks to @jcadduono for the root exploit, AND for the TWRP image(s), AND for mentioning someone should do it. Also, he supplied the stock System.img. /RealMVP
    Also, a HUGE thanks to @nyfl2004. He very kindly fixed my updater-script, and repacked the ROM.
    Below, you will find a download link, and instructions which contain ONLY the system.img. This IMG is flashable in TWRP. It is 100% stock, and it will simply convert (overwrite) your existing /system partition to a deODEXd partition.
    Open WinRAR and check that the following items are 100% to this
    q7u7tTE.png

Extract the RAR archive, and then right click the system_new.img --> Properties. Ensure that the SIZE field is identical to the SIZE from the .RAR file in the picture here, and in your file as well. Copy the file to your phone.
    Please make sure you are on TWRP RC8 as provided by @jcadduono
    do "adb reboot recovery" and Install > Install image > then find the .img file and flash. There is NO need to format data OR system. Simply flash and reboot. Might need to reboot again if you get stuck on the TMobile splash screen at first. ROM is already deodexed and ZipAligned. Also, the default Debloat (as provided by the kitchen) has been applied. :)
    Basically flash this IMG over your current ROM to deODEX it. ↓
    https://mega.nz/#!WANykaDb!mcx6Wm5NeNOw4aTeHyn5jcr2IQsywuHWSHegnZTqjZY ←LINK

IF YOU CAN BOOT TO TWRP, YOU CAN FIX YOUR PHONE! Instructions below

These instructions are only for people who are getting bootloops and have no way of using their phone. If you can get to TWRP, you can get your phone back up and running.
    Almost always it's a corrupt /system, or perhaps you were/are encrypted.
    Verify which version of TWRP you are on? If not on RC8, please flash that version.
    Before starting, in TWRP, go to Settings --> and ensure that the box for "Use rm-rf...." is UNCHECKED
    For the encryption, the only way to get around that is to Format Data. This will erase all your apps, and files (pictures etc). To do this (it will wipe all your things, and this is only to decrypt your data, so if you don't need to do this, don't) , go to TWRP --> Wipe --> Format Data --> follow on-screen instructions to erase your data.

Then do Wipe --> and swipe to do the Factory Reset. Now, go back to Wipe --> Advanced Wipe. Checkmark Dalvik, System, Data, Internal Storage, and Cache, and wipe those items (swipe to wipe).

Now, in TWRP, go to Mount, and make sure that System, Data, and Cache are all CHECKED. "Mount system as read-only" is UNCHECKED. Press the Back button. Go back into Mount and ensure System is still checked, and go back to the TWRP main menu again.

Now go to Advanced --> File Manager. Ensure that the system folder is empty. Press the back button. Inside of Advanced, click Fix Contents, and swipe.

Go back to the Wipe --> Advanced Wipe, and redo the format of all the aforementioned directories.

Flash the Stock ROM (deODEXd would be better IMO, but whichever). Just to be safe, also flash the no-verity.zip from the recowvery thread.

Then again, in TWRP, go to Mount, and make sure that System, Data, and Cache are all CHECKED. "Mount system as read-only" is UNCHECKED. Press the Back button. Go back into Mount and ensure System is still checked, and go back to the TWRP main menu again.

Now go to Advanced --> File Manager. Ensure that the system folder is NOT empty.
    Back out and hit Reboot --> Boot to system.

A lot of these operations are redundant, but if you can still access TWRP, you should be able to fix the issue. The only way that you will have problems, is if you did a DD command and wrote something to a wrong path.
    Others that can no longer access TWRP do have a still unfixable problem... But you should be good to go.

After doing all the steps, you should be able to boot.
    It will first take you to the LG logo for a few seconds, and then it will reboot itself. You will see the BOOTLOADER NOT SECURE thing, and then the LG logo again. After a few seconds the TMO splashscreen will appear and do its chime sound. Give it a good 10 minutes, at which point it should take you to the Android OS page where you will have a progress bar. Once that progress bar finishes, your phone will be live. Please let me know what happens.

Debloat (Removed). Nothing yet
    So we can just flash this without wiping anything?
    Correct. Since there is only 1 Android build for this device, you won't need to wipe anything. It will format /system for you. However, it is always a good idea to wipe caches, as @nyfl2004 mentioed.

I would wipe cache and dalvik anyway
    This.

Additionally, you can choose to do a clean install (wipe data without wiping internal storage, wipe system, wipe cache and dalvik).

This .ZIP is 100% fine to reflash your phone entirely. So if you broke your ROM, or are stuck in bootloops, you can rest assured that this will restore it. Additionally, you will be deodexed, and de-bloated. It also has an insecure kernel, with no vierty, and no force encrypt. :D
    Oh forgot to mention that this img had dm-verity and forceencrypt disabled. I am trying to get a new build going with init.d support and insecure kernel.

I'm completely crash-coursing through this so... Be patient lol. I'm just hoping that a real dev comes along and hooks us up. :p
    No, thank YOU for this. I have 2 questions. 1. Why did you need to recompile, rather than just replace the script? I want to know this so I can use it as a base for a modded ROM.

2. Can I just re-use this updater script for another .ZIP? Or if you could maybe guide me towards learning on how to generate my own script. Just a general point in the direction would suffice, I learn quickly.
    It's my pleasure. I had to basically duplicate a new script because for some reason, every time I tried to edit it, I kept getting an error saying the file was corrupt, strange. That script can now be used as your template for future rims. You would just be adding new commands as needed. We could also incorporate Aroma if you like.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Huge thanks to @nyfl2004 for repacking, and actually getting this thing to work. He has gracefully created a flashable .ZIP and uploaded it. Here is the link
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=313042859668275485
    This is deodexed, and debloated. Unsure if pre-rooted or not. At the very worst, you will simply have to flash SuperSU.
    Will update OP and add a full/correct debloat list later (at work now). No functionality has been removed from the phone, just useless apps.
    Su was already included in @Tilde88 original zip so flash away guys[emoji106]

Thanks again. Last question, I promise. When you say add commands, this would be for any new files that would have to be flashed right? So if I want to add something that is not already in /etc, then I just path it out in the script like the other items, right?
    Oh, and also, SET_METADATA is OK to use for this device? Sorry for all the commotion, but your input is really impactful. TIA!
    Lol, no worries. At this point we would only really need to add to the updater if we were to incorporate Aroma. The script as is will be good for simple non-aroma roms.