[H932][STOCK][PIE]LG V30 U.S. T-Mobile H932 H93230d_00_0902.KDZ

Search This thread

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
* Do NOT update to Pie yet if you wish to unlock bootloader in order to root.
For bootloader unlock/TWRP installation/root, T-mobile H932 users will need to temporarily downgrade to T-mobile H932 Nougat 10d and use @runningnak3d LAFPLOIT Instructions. After that you can update to more current firmware. Read the Root Sticky here if you wish to know more.

* ALSO do NOT update to LG stock Pie yet if you wish to run LOS-16 "Pie" custom ROMs -- at least for now. See REASON HERE. Stock Pie update conflicts with LOS-16 Pie, even if you downgrade back to stock Oreo. After stock Pie update, your phone has been permanently changed/degraded when going back to Oreo for custom ROMs. Using Permissive kernel can overcome some of those issues, but you have been warned.

T-mobile H932 is not (yet) compatible with the new "Android 10" LOS-17 custom ROMs. Those ROMs are still unfinished work in progress.

* If you've already updated to Pie with locked bootloader, either

* see @runningnak3d LAFPLOIT Instructions) for instructions on how to temporarily downgrade to T-mobile Nougat firmware to unlock bootloader, install TWRP and root

OR

* see post #3 to downgrade to Oreo firmware if you don't like Pie.

* If you have no desire to unlock bootloader and root, then see the full image KDZ below.
* OR your bootloader is already unlocked and you have TWRP installed (via @runningnak3d LAFPLOIT Instructions), then see the KDZ-based TWRP-flashable zips (ROM) listed below. If you have TWRP, then flash the TWRP-flashable zips, of course.
;)

NOTE: After installing Pie, if you get weird lag,
* try this fix. Just make a backup in LG Bridge. Nothing else. Somehow CREATING the backup (but not actually using it to restore anything) re-sets some stuff in Pie, so it acts like it should? I know it sounds strange but it works. Thanks to @thefpspower for the tip!
* OR If that doesn't work or you don't have access to PC, try this: go to Settings> Restart & Reset> Reset App Preferences. Thanks to @HoussiLAM for that tip. Both may do the exact same thing, I've not experimented to see.

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
[H932][STOCK][PIE]LG V30 U.S. T-Mobile H932 H93230d_00_0902.KDZ
3.1GB

ONLY for T-mobile H932 V30 & V30+.
NOT for any other V30 variants! You will brick your phone if you try.

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

* LG Bridge MIRROR
(Thanks to @HueyT)

* Google Drive MIRROR
(Thanks to @xionbunny!)

* Android File Hosts MIRROR

* LG-Firmwares MIRROR

md5: eea31e240d28ee36efb3b3ee9a7533ec

TWRP FLASHABLE VERSION (ROM):
https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/stock-t-mobile-lg-v30-stock-collection-t3980701

(thanks to @weakNPCdotCom!)

ONLY for T-mobile H932 V30 & V30+.
NOT for any other V30 variants! You will brick your phone if you try.

md5: 6BC9C4AF2080003FF80587F98C2348E9

It's just stock KDZ but in TWRP-flashable version. Not debloated nor meant to be updated in the future. It's just a very convenient mechanism to have newer stock firmware instead of using dev patched LGUP to flash partitions, etc.

* Stable TWRP 3.3.1 is recommended by our TWRP dev for Pie.

TWRP-FLASHABLE NOTES:

For those who want to dirty flash -- if you have no problems, good for you.
If you find you need to clean flash in TWRP, then follow these steps:

a. Wipe Data – Factory Reset
b. Install – set storage to the External SD (if you have a microSD card) OR drag necessary files over from PC once in TWRP.
c. Install the Magisk 19.3 zip. (This is to give the encryption disabler root privileges)
d. Install @Zackptg5 Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019 (encryption disabler).
e. Install @JohnFawkes AnyKernel 3 RCTD Remover (root checker disabler); this disables LG's firmware root checks, which may impede performance.
f. FORMAT DATA (Select WIPE, then FORMAT DATA, then select yes.)
Do NOT delete your OS, but you do need to FORMAT your data , not just "wipe" it this time. Otherwise you may get an encryption error when you boot up the first time. If you get any red mount errors, go back to the TWRP reboot menu and select reboot to recovery and try to FORMAT DATA again. Then, after successfully formatting...
g. Reboot – "Reboot Recovery" from TWRP reboot menu (choose to reboot back to Recovery). Now that the data partition has been formatted, TWRP needs to reload the recovery partition for usage. If you skip this step, when Magisk is installed again below, it may think that /data is still encrypted and set "preserve force encryption". This is also a good sanity check that LG encryption has been removed from /data.
h. Re-flash the Magisk 19.3 zip again. (This is to make sure, due to Pie changes.)
i. Reboot – to System (NOW you are finally rebooting your phone! Until now this whole section has been done within TWRP.)

STRONG SUGGESTION: After successfully doing all this, when you finally boot back to LG Pie, install an app like this to easily facilitate rebooting to TWRP recovery in the future: Recovery Reboot. Allow it root privileges when asked by Magisk and put icon shortcut on your desktop.

PdcL_Csf1hBgDNE-iTJcJPeZiclsI7p-M8XiDLJtkqd0Dc4DyYeijitHwYAWjmf55hUN=s180-rw

Also, please make another TWRP backup. ;)

Here's how to flash with LGUP:

----------------------------
UPGRADING T-MOBILE H932 V30/V30+ TO PIE KDZ FIRMWARE WITH LGUP
(This is if you don't care about installing TWRP and rooting.)

1) Go into download mode (power off completely, then hold volume up button while plugging in USB cable)
2) open patched LGUP and flash PIE KDZ either via UPGRADE (to keep your data, but see Note about TWRP) or via REFURBISH or PARTITION DL. If the latter, then in the pop up box "Select All". Use the attached patched LGUP in this post.
* NOTE: YOU CAN NOT USE LGUP "UPGRADE" IF YOU HAVE TWRP CUSTOM RECOVERY. LGUP "Upgrade" is like a manual OTA and is only for pure stock (but you can have unlocked bootloader). If you have TWRP custom recovery and want to use LGUP, then use PARTITION DL OR REFURBISH which will NOT keep your data and will wipe out TWRP and ability to root.
Or use the TWRP-flashable zip (ROM) instead of LGUP, which will keep your data and will keep TWRP.

3) IF your bootloader is unlocked, it will remain unlocked. If it's not unlocked, then you will just be updating to Pie -- but if you ever want root again you TEMPORARILY DOWNGRADE back T-mobile H932 Nougat and use @runningnak3d LAFPLOIT Instructions) to install TWRP -- at which point you would use the TWRP-flashable zips (ROMs) to update to Pie.

0. UNINSTALL any prior LGUP version. Seriously. Go to Programs folder and delete the LGUP folder if you must.

1. DOWNLOAD THIS DUAL VERSION OF DEV PATCHED LGUP, made by @tecknight:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603845019
(Or use attached file from bottom of this post. Thanks to @tecknight! Please go here and click the THANK BUTTON!)

2. Extract LGUP_DualMode.zip to a folder on your PC.

3. Browse into the folder and launch LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi.
Follow the prompts to complete the install.

4. In that folder, right click and select "Run as Administrator" on "SetDev.bat" to set LGUP to developer mode. READ THAT AGAIN.

5. Launch LGUP using the desktop shortcut. NOT from folder icon!

As mentioned before, use UPGRADE, REFURBISH or PARTITION DL modes. REFURBISH and Partition DL are probably best.

J2QAOrh.png

WARNING: In LGUP do NOT go messing with modes not mentioned in these instructions. Especially do NOT use Chip Erase.
I don't care what anyone else tells you. If you listen to them, let them help you recover from messing up your phone.

https://9to5lg.com/lgup-1-15-manual-how-to-unbrick-restore-your-lg-devices-with-lgup/
3) ChipErase: Dangerous, This will erase IMEI/efs, Do not try this if you do not have a NV backup.

It's all fairly easy. Most people breeze right through this. But if you have any problems, go through this list:

• Make sure you in download mode BEFORE opening the patched LGUP file.
    This is at the top of the list as some people forget to do that. The remainder are in no particular order. If that doesn't work,
  • Try different USB port,
  • Try different USB cable,
  • Try different computer.
  • Reinstall LG mobile drivers on your PC.
  • Reinstall dev patched LGUP again.
  • Reboot the computer.

If you ask for help, that's the list of items we are going to give you anyway. ;)

Attachments

• Magisk-v19.3.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 64
  • Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_08.18.2019.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 85
  • LGUP_DualMode.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
HOW TO DOWNGRADE BACK TO FULL STOCK OREO BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE PIE

(and either you don't have unlocked bootloader/TWRP installed and don't care about that OR you no longer want that)

OR to TEMPORARILY DOWNGRADE TO NOUGAT for TWRP Installation and Root.

1) DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE AND DEV PATCHED LGUP

* Download Oreo KDZ you wish to install. (Most recent Oreo KDZ 20s is at the top in that thread)

* For Nougat, download Nougat KDZ you wish to install.

* DOWNLOAD THIS DUAL VERSION OF DEV PATCHED LGUP, made by @tecknight:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603845019
(Or use attached file from bottom of this post. Thanks to @tecknight! Please go here and click the THANK BUTTON!)

2) INSTALL DEV PATCHED LGUP

1. Extract LGUP_DualMode.zip to a folder on your PC.

2. Browse into the folder and launch LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi.
Follow the prompts to complete the install.

3. In that folder, right click and select "Run as Administrator" on "SetDev.bat" to set LGUP to developer mode

4. Launch LGUP using the desktop shortcut.

Choose Process : PARTITION DL or REFURBISH

----------------------------
3) DOWNGRADING T-MOBILE H932 V30/V30+ TO EARLIER OREO or NOUGAT KDZ FIRMWARE

1) Go into download mode (power off completely, then hold volume up button while plugging in USB cable)
2) open patched LGUP and flash OREO KDZ or NOUGAT (depending on your intention) to DL PARTITION mode. In the pop up box "Select All". Use the attached patched LGUP in this post.
You can also use REFURBISH mode, if you wish.
3) Master Reset (See method for Master Reset here); it is different from Factory Reset. Do NOT use anything else from that Frankenstein thread on H932!)
5) DONE.

It's fairly easy. Most people breeze right through this. But if you have any problems, go through this list:

• Make sure you in download mode BEFORE opening the patched LGUP file.
    This is at the top of the list as some people forget to do that. The remainder are in no particular order. If that doesn't work,
  • Try different USB port,
  • Try different USB cable,
  • Try different computer.
  • Reinstall LG mobile drivers on your PC.
  • Reinstall dev patched LGUP again, making sure the files are placed where they need to go (LG Electronics folder, etc).
  • Reboot the computer.

If you ask for help, that's the list of items we are going to give you anyway. ;)

J2QAOrh.png

WARNING: In LGUP do NOT go messing with modes not mentioned in these instructions. Especially do NOT use Chip Erase.

https://9to5lg.com/lgup-1-15-manual-how-to-unbrick-restore-your-lg-devices-with-lgup/
3) ChipErase: Dangerous, This will erase IMEI/efs, Do not try this if you do not have a NV backup.

Attachments

• LGUP_DualMode.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Reactions: Kid_Ding

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
ROOT Your LG V30!
https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/how-to/root-v30-t3927154

Sticky everyone should read. ;)

If you root with stock Pie KDZ (after unlocking bootloader in early Oreo), then you will need to flash Magisk modules or manually edit build prop to get root-enabled DTS, Equalizer, and lockscreen weather animations. Dual Speaker mode gives you audio directed at your face, besides the main downward facing speaker. High Impedance Mode give you more volume.

(NOTE: The TWRP flashable zips already have this, thanks to the devs who make them.)

* Fully enable LG DTS 3D stereo (root needed) + Equalizer

* LG V30 Lockscreen EXTRA Weather Animations Enabler

* DUAL SPEAKER MODE + HIM (High Impedance Mode)

Last edited:

dpwguenther

Feb 4, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4 XL
I have an H931 converted to US998, I'm using the TMobile 20s port for US998 from the ROMs section because I'm using MetroPCS and I needed WiFi calling and all that. Would anyone know how I could update to pie without bricking?

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I have an H931 converted to US998, I'm using the TMobile 20s port for US998 from the ROMs section because I'm using MetroPCS and I needed WiFi calling and all that. Would anyone know how I could update to pie without bricking?

Be very careful!

You are talking about this port for US998:
https://xdaforums.com/lg-v30/development/rom-lg-v30-t-mobile-stock-rom-20s-t3925486

Which @MicroMod777 made.

It was sort of a software port vs firmware (simplistic explanation).

You can probably post in that thread and request an update?

Please do not try to flash anything from a KDZ or TWRP-flashable zip in this thread to anything but T-Mobile H932.

Last edited:

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I was just going over the flashing instructions and I'm just curious, why is it recommended to format data? Isn't this just the same as if I'm updating with the official OTA? I wouldn't have to format data to update that way. Also, I see there is a newer RTCD Remover than the one I have used since the beginning of the V30 root. I have always used the rtcd-disabler and no-verity-encrypt zips. Are they basically the same thing? I read that the person who updated without losing data used these files instead of the AnyKernel 3 RCTD Remover

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I was just going over the flashing instructions and I'm just curious, why is it recommended to format data?

Isn't this just the same as if I'm updating with the official OTA?

Depends on WHICH flashing instructions you're referring to. You're mixing apples and oranges for some reason.

If you're updating with OTA, you are full stock -- you don't have TWRP custom recovery.

You don't have to reformat data here either if you're full stock. You just flash KDZ via Upgrade mode with LGUP.

Is that the way you wish to update to Pie?

If so, go back to full stock Oreo firmware via Refurbish or Partition DL and then you do NOT have to reformat data when upgrading to Pie. Once back in full stock Oreo firmware, just choose Upgrade mode for PIE.

Of course you'll lose all your data going back to full stock Oreo...

Also, I see there is a newer RTCD Remover than the one I have used since the beginning of the V30 root. I have always used the rtcd-disabler and no-verity-encrypt zips. Are they basically the same thing? I read that the person who updated without losing data used these files instead of the AnyKernel 3 RCTD Remover

Pie is vastly different. There's new Dev Patched LGUP, there's new encryption disabler and there's new root checker remover.

You have to use the ones listed in this thread or they wouldn't be listed.

Last edited:

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Depends on WHICH flashing instructions you're referring to. You're mixing apples and oranges.

If you're updating with OTA, you are full stock -- you don't have TWRP custom recovery.

You don't have to reformat data here either if you're full stock. You just flash KDZ via Upgrade mode.

So, go back to full stock Oreo firmware via Refurbish or Partition DL and then you do NOT have to reformat data when upgrading to Pie.

I'm on stock but rooted with TWRP. But I'm still wondering why data NEEDS to be formatted. I'm reading it's an encryption thing. I've personally never messed with encryption so I'm wondering why this is causing issues with some but others appear to be upgrading fine without formatting.

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm on stock but rooted with TWRP. But I'm still wondering why data NEEDS to be formatted. I'm reading it's an encryption thing. I've personally never messed with encryption so I'm wondering why this is causing issues with some but others appear to be upgrading fine without formatting.
You are not full stock. Please read my reply again.

LG encrypts, not you. We are disabling that. We've always disabled it.

Please quote specific instructions you are referring to and specific examples of these other people you're talking about.

Because you aren't making sense to me. KDZ was released today and there's no TWRP flashable zip yet.

If you flash full KDZ and want to reinstall TWRP yes you have to reformat, just like to did before when you installed TWRP!

Otherwise, wait for the TWRP flashable zip and see what that Dev requires.

Last edited:

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You are not full stock. Please read my reply again.

I understand what you were saying. And since I am not full stock, it's recommended I format data, correct? I'm trying to figure out if I really need to wipe everything when flashing and if so, why I need to.

Step F:
Do NOT delete your OS, but you do need to FORMAT your data , not just "wipe" it this time. Otherwise you may get an encryption error when you boot up the first time. If you get any red mount errors, go back to the TWRP reboot menu and select reboot to recovery and try to FORMAT DATA again. Then, after successfully formatting...

I just want to know why an encryption error comes up with this. Is it a Pie thing? I don't remember having this issue when updating to Oreo.

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
I understand what you were saying. And since I am not full stock, it's recommended I format data, correct? I'm trying to figure out if I really need to wipe everything when flashing and if so, why I need to.

Step F:

I just want to know why an encryption error comes up with this. Is it a Pie thing? I don't remember having this issue when updating to Oreo.
You reformatted your data when you installed TWRP before. That's always been in the the WTF instructions.

So you have to do it again, since you're installing TWRP again over full KDZ.

The only thing that's changed are the files you are flashing (they're updated for Pie) and the fact you have to flash Magisk twice. Otherwise reformatting has ALWAYS been in the WTF instructions to install TWRP.

These instructions are based on Pie -- yes, but not the Data reformat part. That's always been there when flashing full KDZ and then reinstalling TWRP.

Now when flashing TWRP flashable zip, you can often dirty flash without reformatting data, but Devs still suggest it.

Last edited:

jsgraphicart

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 7 Pro
You reformatted your data when you installed TWRP before. That's always been in the the WTF instructions.

So you have to do it again, since you're installing TWRP again over full KDZ.

So the flashable zip will revert the recovery back to stock? Maybe I'm confused and maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember past zips doing that. I thought the devs took that part out. I have always just flashed the update, flashed magisk and the old rtcd-disabler and no-verity-encrypt zips and rebooted.

EDIT: Saw your edit. "Now when flashing TWRP flashable zip, you can often dirty flash without reformatting data, but Devs still suggest it." That's what I was asking because that's what I was planning on doing. But it was still recommended to format data

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
So the flashable zip will revert the recovery back to stock? Maybe I'm confused and maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember past zips doing that. I thought the devs took that part out. I have always just flashed the update, flashed magisk and the old rtcd-disabler and no-verity-encrypt zips and rebooted.

EDIT: Saw your edit. "Now when flashing TWRP flashable zip, you can often dirty flash without reformatting data, but Devs still suggest it." That's what I was asking because that's what I was planning on doing. But it was still recommended to format data
To maximize success, u better format data

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia

Did you see this in post #2 of this thread? (See attached screenshot)

There's even a link to someone who dirty flashed (EU H930) Pie TWRP-flashable zip. It's just not recommended and if you have problems then you still have to reformat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    * Do NOT update to Pie yet if you wish to unlock bootloader in order to root.
    For bootloader unlock/TWRP installation/root, T-mobile H932 users will need to temporarily downgrade to T-mobile H932 Nougat 10d and use @runningnak3d LAFPLOIT Instructions. After that you can update to more current firmware. Read the Root Sticky here if you wish to know more.

* ALSO do NOT update to LG stock Pie yet if you wish to run LOS-16 "Pie" custom ROMs -- at least for now. See REASON HERE. Stock Pie update conflicts with LOS-16 Pie, even if you downgrade back to stock Oreo. After stock Pie update, your phone has been permanently changed/degraded when going back to Oreo for custom ROMs. Using Permissive kernel can overcome some of those issues, but you have been warned.

T-mobile H932 is not (yet) compatible with the new "Android 10" LOS-17 custom ROMs. Those ROMs are still unfinished work in progress.

* If you've already updated to Pie with locked bootloader, either

* see @runningnak3d LAFPLOIT Instructions) for instructions on how to temporarily downgrade to T-mobile Nougat firmware to unlock bootloader, install TWRP and root

OR

* see post #3 to downgrade to Oreo firmware if you don't like Pie.

* If you have no desire to unlock bootloader and root, then see the full image KDZ below.
    * OR your bootloader is already unlocked and you have TWRP installed (via @runningnak3d LAFPLOIT Instructions), then see the KDZ-based TWRP-flashable zips (ROM) listed below. If you have TWRP, then flash the TWRP-flashable zips, of course.
    ;)

NOTE: After installing Pie, if you get weird lag,
    * try this fix. Just make a backup in LG Bridge. Nothing else. Somehow CREATING the backup (but not actually using it to restore anything) re-sets some stuff in Pie, so it acts like it should? I know it sounds strange but it works. Thanks to @thefpspower for the tip!
    * OR If that doesn't work or you don't have access to PC, try this: go to Settings> Restart & Reset> Reset App Preferences. Thanks to @HoussiLAM for that tip. Both may do the exact same thing, I've not experimented to see.
    I should have stock zips ready by tonight. debloated within a couple days.
    great! soon we'll have pie to eat.
    actually I've got all files required except factory.img so I decide to hold my breath until your build is finished :fingers-crossed:

I have factory.img, working on the updater script. ill let everybody know once i have confirmed it's safe to flash
    this is why i use KDZTools instead of LFE. I stopped using LFE when the new KDZ format was introduced

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I should have something today as long as all of the files are extracted properly