H96 PRO+ Amlogic S912 Octa-Core TV Box w/ 3GB DDR3, 32GB ROM

Search This thread

straumli

Jan 12, 2012
How do you guys address the heating issues? It seems everybody is affected (video tearing after playing e.g. 4k video for a while)

Vaizen

Has anyone of you tried to install magisk 14? I mean, as with previous builds magisk can be installed directly from magisk manager.

I would also like to know if by installing a custom Rom, such as superceleron's, it would be possible to have Netflix play at full HD or higher?

PD: I'm waiting for my box to arrive.

Edit : is adaway functional with these boxes?

Last edited:

phrozenstare

Sep 11, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
Has anyone of you tried to install magisk 14? I mean, as with previous builds magisk can be installed directly from magisk manager.

I would also like to know if by installing a custom Rom, such as superceleron's, it would be possible to have Netflix play at full HD or higher?

PD: I'm waiting for my box to arrive.

Edit : is adaway functional with these boxes?

it depends on if that ROM will have any way to hide root. netflix will not steam in HD if it discovers your device is rooted

Reactions: flipmode_11

ripelag

Sep 19, 2013
Livorno
My H96 PRO+ shuts down suddenly and it does not work more. The power supply works (5 V perfectly). The PC recognizes the H 96 Pro +, the blue light is lit and is possible to make the flash of firmware but if put in tension it does not work, the blue light is turned off. This defect had been introduced for some second already once and then it had resumed to work, now does not work more. Solutions ?

chinosan

Jan 27, 2013
How do you guys address the heating issues? It seems everybody is affected (video tearing after playing e.g. 4k video for a while)
i did this for overheating, and it works like a charm... just a 12 cm fan adapted with a usb plug, and attached with zip ties, no overheating issues at all

PLEASE DELETE THIS POST (image attachment didnt work right)

Last edited:

chinosan

Jan 27, 2013

i did this for overheating, and it works like a charm... just a 12 cm fan adapted with a usb plug, and attached with zip ties, no overheating issues at all

Attachments

• IMG_20171030_163815.jpg
    IMG_20171030_163815.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 1,490
  • IMG_20171030_163840.jpg
    IMG_20171030_163840.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 1,474
Reactions: cobyman7035

cobyman7035

Oct 24, 2012
TORONTO
anyone figure out what other lauchers work?i've tried like 5 launchers..all install but crash when u run it! i thin the stock home launcher UI won't allow others

---------- Post added at 04:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 AM ----------

how did u get the cpu fan into usb port? is there an adapter? i have a cpu case fan with black 4 tiny holes connector...i prolly need to buy a usb type connector? any links thx

theres a youtube mod but im such a noob lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKMoQ1vDiAI

danielson84

Nov 14, 2011
Nottingham
anyone figure out what other lauchers work?
I use Microsoft Launcher - not many options, but only launcher which has it's own way to load wallpapers. Other working launchers (TVLauncher, SquareHome 2, Simple TV Launcher) use proces android.something.wallpaper which crashes on wallpaper when crop-set is done. I got feeling on restart I lost wallpaper?... But still some wallpaper change then nothing. At least I update wallpaper more often :p
But right now I have different fight - printing pdf forexample. On pushing Print no Print dialog pops up like on my phone for example.
I would love if Alfawise got one reasonable - usable - alternative to stock - ROM, but I doubt it's possible. Because so many TV boxes is out there now and only a little users. VS phone community it is massive difference. Maybe TV box users are more DIY but still a few of us dig in things.

JoseJones

Dec 24, 2010
Does anybody have a problem with this box (Android 7. 1. 1) running apps that only run in portrait mode? I only get half of the screen like in the attached picture :confused:
Edit: Can't seem to attach the photo.
ERgkG9YiykGSFoc33

Last edited:

Nicoga97

Nov 25, 2012
Bogota
Hello I'm new in the box but I have a question about this tv box I buy it and I see something strange it looks like it has a strange software mix because in some part it looks like android tv but in others it is like a phone I mean for example Google play is like a normal android phone if I download YouTube, Netflix, etc by default it downloads me the phone version of this apps no the android tv version, as this happens I need to download the apks and install, and i try to install android tv launcher and it says that it is not compatible, does someone can explain me this mix? I'm a little noob sorry

Thanks!

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

Vaizen

Hello I'm new in the box but I have a question about this tv box I buy it and I see something strange it looks like it has a strange software mix because in some part it looks like android tv but in others it is like a phone I mean for example Google play is like a normal android phone if I download YouTube, Netflix, etc by default it downloads me the phone version of this apps no the android tv version, as this happens I need to download the apks and install, and i try to install android tv launcher and it says that it is not compatible, does someone can explain me this mix? I'm a little noob sorry

Thanks!

Quick answer h96 as many other Chinese yv boxes come with a modded android version, you answered yourself. It doesn't have Android TV.

Try downloading apptoideTV and installing the Android TV versions, but as far as I know only YouTube will work. That's at least for me.

Reactions: Nicoga97

Nicoga97

Nov 25, 2012
Bogota
Quick answer h96 as many other Chinese yv boxes come with a modded android version, you answered yourself. It doesn't have Android TV.

Try downloading apptoideTV and installing the Android TV versions, but as far as I know only YouTube will work. That's at least for me.
Thanks man, did you recommend me any custom Rom for this box? Thanks

Vaizen

Thanks man, did you recommend me any custom Rom for this box? Thanks

Well as long as I had the h96 pro plus I flashed superceleron's Rom you can search for it on Google. It is not on xda. But be warned these boxes are a hit or miss. In my case I was able to successfully flash and run that custom Rom, but there's a bug chance that it won't work, as there are a lot of variables with this box like wifi chip, ram, pcb etc.

Reactions: Nicoga97

hightmare

Apr 12, 2008
hello I bought h96 pro added successfully external keyboard but I cannot have two keyboard languages installed simultaneously and change them by key combination. if I wanna type in the other language I have to go to keyboard settings and change from there any Skyrim to my problem?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

osmar52736

Feb 4, 2016
Hi, I Have been trying to upgrade my firmware (6.0.1) to lollipop but usb burning tool doesn't upgrade when I connect the box, what do you recommend me to do? Any tutorial who works?

walaceos

May 27, 2017
What transistor is this?

I have an alphawise h96pro + with motherboard zh01-s912-v3.0 and burned this transistor, anyone who has access could consult its complete numbering, because mine burned and I can not identify. it starts with X

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20180521_073601_1.jpg
    IMG_20180521_073601_1.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 959

danielson84

Nov 14, 2011
Nottingham

kidstretch

Jan 31, 2007
Hello, is there any way to use this like chromecast, in the way like if i open the Netflix or YouTube app on my phone, can i cast it to the box? Is there an application that actually works? Thanks in advance.

samaliset

Jun 29, 2007
Paris
Hi,
I had it for few days and returned for some bug reasons
However, to answer your questions, please note that theses devices (Android TV Box) are and can be used the same way as your Android smartphone. Only thing to be aware of is that it must be be 100% compatible Android (Playstore). The reste goes alone with any thing you want to do with.
I hope this will help you to enjoy this toy....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HI folks

I need some help.. I did a search but cant pin a open thread. if one let me know and sorry for posting.

I bought from aliexpress one of these googletv boxes
    H96 PRO+ Amlogic S912 Octa-Core TV Box w/ 3GB DDR3, 32GB ROM
    android 6.x on it

normally the tv boxes will boot to recovery.img on sd card root but this one just always boots
    to its internal recovery..

has anyone managed to get twrp working on it as I need to do a nand backup

I see its got new permission to my other box which boots fine.. new feature of driod 6?

perhaps I need to copy recovery via windows pc to sd card root instead?

what am I doing wrong.. I dont want to flash over internal one if can help it. and not even sure if that works
    or bricks it.

thanks a lot

Paul

Hi.
    Is this box rooted?
    If yes, try to use terminal emulator app and execute the "reboot update" command.
    Hi.
    Is this box rooted?
    If yes, try to use terminal emulator app and execute the "reboot update" command.

I was after someone who owns that same box can confrim a procedure they used

yes it came with root.. I just had to do update superuser

how come apks that reboot to recovery dont have that option like simple reboot.

dont you need the zip versuon for update? I did try booting to recovery and update from FS and select the update.zip
    a dummy file someone made but it didnt work.

I see someone has twrp in zip for this older box
    http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/377557-recovery-twrp-302-0-for-nexbox-a95x/

but needs to be beelink GT1 which has 912 chip

-- I heard flashify or similar is a tool people use to switch recoveries but how safe is it.. can be sure
    its updating the right partition with 3rd party stuff.

its not exactly booting from sd card.

if only theres a app that could boot to recovery.img on sd card or OTG that would be nice.
    Hi.
    Is this box rooted?

from what i read.. update also replaces the recovery partition? not boot to sdcard one.

I found russian site.. that claim to boots from sdcard but dammed if mine will go..
    I checked it on a PC the recovery.img is there.
    Im sure i have right one but I try grabbing their version and retry.

http://translate.google.com/transla.../forum/lofiversion/index.php?t764777-640.html
    Ok I have found a way to get it to work.

I downloaded their image

https://yadi.sk/d/DB7l0Do2wQQ3W

TWRP_Beelink_GT1.img

followed this

To run from removable devices and media, micro SD card (connect without using a USB-Hub):
    1) format the media in the Fat32 system;
    2) Copy the root of the media file recovery.img;
    3) disable the power supply from the box, press and hold the "recovery" through the hole on the bottom box (click "recovery" let go after 5 seconds)
    switch on the power supply box into the outlet - launched TWRP Recovery.

has all languages in this version but default is english.

seems using simple booter apk to boot to recovery boots but goes to

stock not the sdcard image as well..
    have to use side switch.. kind of annoying. but atleast it works.

must be something in the boot hardware process with button that check sdcard first???

backup worked no lock ups.. smooth as.
    Just to stop the repeating for a while:
    You can't change the launcher without modifying the APK or depending on the type of system the corresponding ODEX as well.
    But you can install a different launcher and use that...
    And the recovery will never go to the SD card unless you actually have a recovery on the SD.
    You might be able to select the SD to install an update through the stock recovery but that's about it.
    Port a TWRP for the box and all should be good.
    Otherwise connect to PC and do a manual nandroid backup through ADB.