HACK Navigation/Multimedia systems KIA/HYUNDAI and install third-party applications

Search This thread

trannamptv

Sep 20, 2020
Unfortunately am reporting that this does not work on the latest version 20211123.105722 for US models.

There is an “ADB_HIDE feature” in one of the settings that’s set to True, so there must be a way to disable that somehow.
In Vietnam. the liberal Retrofit team they took apart the HU to intervene. Maybe they use something like Jtag or TTL to root, and from there can install apk from regular USB. But they do it for commercial purposes. ( Android 9.0 CHIP version AVN version MT2712 )

Last edited:

Tank-piercing

Jan 7, 2008

Attachments

• photo_2022-03-03_21-46-31.jpg
    photo_2022-03-03_21-46-31.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 238
  • photo_2022-03-03_21-47-00.jpg
    photo_2022-03-03_21-47-00.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 241

YTZUR

Mar 11, 2020
Hi,

Im with Ssangyong Rexton 2022 with headunit as this one:
I can not enable engineering mode. Tried all methods described here with no success.
Any idea how yo do that? According to dealer it is the same headunit used by recent Kia models.
Thanks.

yahya af

Jan 19, 2012
Can anyone decode the Appengineermode app from the February update?

DNA.USA.S5W_M.V007.001.211123
model
DN8AS.S5BMC.D4US
platfrom
standard-class Gen5W Navigation

Attachments

• תמונה של WhatsApp‏ 2022-03-10 בשעה 08.23.04.jpg
    תמונה של WhatsApp‏ 2022-03-10 בשעה 08.23.04.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 82

cuongnm11

Mar 10, 2022
My sorento HU with firmware number is: 20210824.1 (as image I attached).
Can I access to engineering mode?

Attachments

• A315BCAA-6EBD-4ABB-A400-BA5B7A470BB0.jpeg
    A315BCAA-6EBD-4ABB-A400-BA5B7A470BB0.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 97

larry_bml

Feb 9, 2011
Hello guys, I want to tell you my story, and I need a little help from you also :
My car : Kia Sportage QLE Gen5 navi, updated to sw : 211029 fw : 210930
After update , no way to find pin for engineering mode, only dealer mode with pin 2400 and 7,3,1 volume combination. But with navigation hack, showed in this thread I managed to enter engineering, and managed to make adb to work on ethernet, but the only way to do adb to work was by installing an USB to Ethernet converter into USB, connect and ethernet cable between converter and my laptop. Don't know for sure if it is necessary or not, but after installing everything ( usb, cable, etc) I made an Reset to factory . Connected the wifi of unit and phone to house router, and finally was able to install apps with Easy fire tools.
I manage to install boot hack and now when I press 2 times on SETUP is going to engineering menu, and from there I can access all other applications that I have installed ( file manager, soundabout).
So I hope someone else who wants , can now get adb to work and install what he wants.

Now I want to ask the ones who already managed to install apps, if they can help my with some apps that are tested and working OK : I need an IPTV software, I installed GSE IPTV, with was working ok before upgrade, but now it does not start playing, only loads m3u list, you can select channel, but .. not start. Youtube working has anyone? I installed an older version, but it say it can not work without google services. And last, is there a way to add shortcuts to apps in oem menu? or a way to quick access them? or something like task manager? not to be forced every time to go to all apps and start app from there?

Thank you, end if someone needs more help with adb to work, and did not understood complete what I said, please fell free to ask, if I can I help with pleasure.

Mar 9, 2015
Hello guys, I want to tell you my story, and I need a little help from you also :
After update , no way to find pin for engineering mode, only dealer mode with pin 2400 and 7,3,1 volume combination. But with navigation hack, showed in this thread I managed to enter engineering, and managed to make adb to work on ethernet, but the only way to do adb to work was by installing an USB to Ethernet converter into USB, connect and ethernet cable between converter and my laptop. Don't know for sure if it is necessary or not, but after installing everything ( usb, cable, etc) I made an Reset to factory . Connected the wifi of unit and phone to house router, and finally was able to install apps with Easy fire tools.
I manage to install boot hack and now when I press 2 times on SETUP is going to engineering menu, and from there I can access all other applications that I have installed ( file manager, soundabout).
So I hope someone else who wants , can now get adb to work and install what he wants.

Now I want to ask the ones who already managed to install apps, if they can help my with some apps that are tested and working OK : I need an IPTV software, I installed GSE IPTV, with was working ok before upgrade, but now it does not start playing, only loads m3u list, you can select channel, but .. not start. Youtube working has anyone? I installed an older version, but it say it can not work without google services. And last, is there a way to add shortcuts to apps in oem menu? or a way to quick access them? or something like task manager? not to be forced every time to go to all apps and start app from there?

Thank you, end if someone needs more help with adb to work, and did not understood complete what I said, please fell free to ask, if I can I help with pleasure.
I think that a video attachment of the method of obtaining the engineer mode for the variant sw: 211029 fw: 210930 would be the most suggestive for us, those who are beginners and we really want this.
Thank you in advance
We are looking forward to it.

kazaa8

Oct 16, 2009
I have version 210111 in KIA Optima FL 2019, I can only access to radio options by click 4+1 times to map/FW or dealer mode by vol 0-7/3/1 with 2400. How to open full engineering mode? I also have option to input a code in defult mode by entering FW version but not of codes working…
Clicking around update button 5 left + 1 right or 10 + 1 not working :////
I tried:
2702 2801 0428 0652 1200 0804 1204 1358 4763 0716 4259 6172 5173 2900 with no luck 🙁

Attachments

• IMG_20220313_213312 [HDTV (1080)].jpg
    IMG_20220313_213312 [HDTV (1080)].jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 561

trannamptv

Sep 20, 2020

What market is your HU, is it the android backend. in our market it's android.

trannamptv

Sep 20, 2020
Tôi có phiên bản 210111 trong KIA Optima FL 2019, tôi chỉ có thể truy cập vào các tùy chọn radio bằng cách nhấp 4 + 1 lần vào bản đồ / FW hoặc chế độ đại lý theo vol 0-7 / 3/1 với 2400. Làm thế nào để mở chế độ kỹ thuật đầy đủ? Tôi cũng có tùy chọn nhập mã ở chế độ defult bằng cách nhập phiên bản FW nhưng mã không hoạt động…
Nhấp xung quanh nút cập nhật 5 trái + 1 phải hoặc 10 + 1 không hoạt động: ////
Tôi đã thử:
2702 2801 0428 0652 1200 0804 1204 1358 4763 0716 4259 6172 5173 2900 không có may mắn🙁
2400 or real time on screen ( 2133 )

larry_bml

Feb 9, 2011
Can someone help me with a good Youtube apk that is working on Gen5 Kia navi? System is android 4.2.2 , I tried already some versions but some was not possible to install and others give me error 400, even the unit has internet.
And also maybe a working GSE IP TV apk. Now I'm using IPTV apk, but it does not have sound on all channels.

Thank you in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know if there's a map hack for 220519 version similar to the one below:

I've checked the G40 file and there's no libgnustl_shared.so file inside to replace.

Did someone come up with another way how to enable ADB on the latest version?

Calling @SonicSpinner @olega59 for help.

Kia Seltos How to Play Videos and Movies when run ????​

Mua cái jack bên trung quốc về tháo màn ra cắm vào là xem được video khi xe đang chạy trong usb và các chức năng bị khoá khi xe di chuyển bác ơi

Mod translation via GT: Buy a jack from China, remove the screen and plug it in, you can watch the video when the car is running in the usb and the functions are locked when the car is moving, bro
    2022 D2V Gen2V version (220331)

eng. pass. 3802
    Var.cod. 1200

Enjoy
    Haven't had time to look for new exploit yet.
    But if you install appmanager before upgrading, then you can access adb again on 220519

Last night I tried to update using KIA Navigation Updater software.
    Forgot to remove my sideloaded apps, thus the update got stuck in a bootloop (insufficient memory i guess).
    Luckily, I could solve tis problem using @olega59's USB keyboard hack.

In the recovery menu I chose to revert to old SW version, but it seems the latest version got installed anyway.
    To my great disappointment, I found out that all sideloaded apps were gone (including app manager) and ADB had been disabled.

My current config:
    Software: DE_PHEV.EUR.SOP.014.6.220519
    Firmware: DE_PHEV.EUR.0.5.430.210930.MICOM
    Nav app: COM5.EUR.KIA.220519.04c1b0e
    Map: EUR.15.41.54.013.223.5

Relevant content of SD card:

├───Config

│ Files and folders...

├───BIDI

│ Files and folders...

├───G40

│ Navi_Version.txt (empty file)
    │ G40
    │ oem_variant_resource.npkg
    │ oem_std5_ecn_kmc.npkg
    │ oem_std5_kia.npkg

└───G45

Navi_Version.txt (empty file)
    G45
    oem_variant_resource.npkg
    oem_std5_ecn_hmc.npkg
    oem_std5_ironman.npkg
    oem_std5_hyundai.npkg
    oem_std5_genesis.npkg

G40/G40 and G45/G45 are binary equal zip archives.
    Contents;
    libExSLAndroidJNI.so (465 kB)
    libExSLNavi.so (42 MB)

G40 / G45 archives are password protected, extraction not possible.

In anyone finds out how to reactivate ADB please make a post.
    :D Sorry for my English! :D
    CAUTION: USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    YouTube, your favorite navigation app, video player, online radio, online TV etc. now works on factory multimedia.
    No need to connect your multimedia to internet!
    This method works fine on models 2016-2018 of issue:
    KIA: Optima JF (K5), Rio, Soul, Ceed, Sorento Prime, Stinger, Sportage, Cerato (Forte) (may be other).
    HYUNDAI: Solaris, SantaFe, Sonata, Elantra, Creta, Genesis G70, Genesis G80 (may be other).
    On board we have Navigation/Multimedia system on Android 4.2.2;

All fine-work applications on my Cloud drive HERE
    Please watch all videos from my YouTube channel Everything about everything

If you like this please — Donate!:fingers-crossed:
    PayPal – [email protected]
    If you are not sure in your actions - I can lead you by Skype (WhatsApp, Telegram)

WARNING!
    Do not install any LAUNCHERS (NovaLauncher etc.) or ROOT - it`s brick your device.
    Do not do anything else! Do not enter in other sections of Engineering mode.
    Be patient and follow the instructions strictly!

FIRST:
    Download all the apps from my Cloud drive HERE
    And put all this files to root of the USB drive (FAT32)

Let`s Go!
    This hack method no need`s to connect your multimedia to internet, if necessary
    - activate wifi access point on your phone or use wifi router. Connect your multimedia system to hotspot.
    You can watch my VIDEO MANUAL on YouTube HERE

ENGINEERING MODE:
    Go to All Menus -> Settings -> Screensaver.
    To enter in the Engineering mode you need to tap 7 times under screensavers icons (on red rings) from left to right and back.

do it fast.
    Great! Now we have password window! The password is – time on your clock now!

Ok, its luck!

ANDROID SETTINGS:
    Now we need to enter to Android settings -> Security and activate Unknown resources.

Done! This will give us the opportunity to install applications from the USB drive.
    Note: this system hasn`t go Google apps, Play Market etc.
    Push Home button and then we need to access to Engineering mode again.

INSTALLING FILE MANAGER:
    To access to the USB drive and install all the applications we need to install File Manager first!
    Go to All Menus -> Settings -> Screensaver, tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap, password - time on clock.
    Engineering mode -> All Applications -> Browser

On adress bar write: file:///storage/usb0/file.apk and tap OK!

Now you can install the File Manager, install it and tap Open!

Got it!

INSTALLING APPS:
    In File Manager -> USB Storage you will see all apps.
    Fist install EasyTouch, when it`s intalled tap Open.

Play EasyTouch Demo and them tap Go.
    Note: EasyTouch Settings works only on portrait orientation (don`t be afraid it`s mormal).
    So, there are many settings, they are no need us now, we need just activate EasyTouch button.

Done! Now push Home and than tap EasyTouch button to open а window. Now we have BACK and HOME buttons.

With long press on any icon in this window it can changed. Change one of them by choosing Engineering mode shortcut on Choose app -Done! Tap anywhere to close window.
    Call the window again, swipe left and open Android settings -> Special abilities -> Services EasyTouch - ON

That’s Ok, now we can normally surf in internet and have all shortcuts of any apps.

SOUND FIX:
    Note: Sound on third-party apps works only on MEDIA MODE whit connected USB flash drive (with media files) or with connected Bluetooth device.
    On RADIO or AUX MODE sounds from third-party apps doesn’t works!
    So, push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install SoundAbout, the Open it.

Now we in SoundAbout settings. Choose on MEDIA AUDIO - Wired Headphones and that`s all.
    Tap EasyTouch button and BACK.
    Now we need to restart the multimedia - push reset button in SD card slot one time (or find it near you screen). Or you can turn off ACC, open and close driver door and wait 5 minutes to restart the Multimedia.
    Sound fixed!
    Now you can install any apps and it will be working fine with sound!

YOUTUBE:
    On board we hasn`t got Google apps, so we need to install YouTube modification – YOUTUBE VANCED
    Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install YouTube Vanced.
    Now you can try it!
    Open EasyTouch window and place YOUTUBE VANCED shortcut.

VLC PLAYER:
    Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install VLC Lite.
    Go to VLC Settings -> Hardware accelerationFull acceleration. Set it because we has poor hardware.
    Now you can watch films, clips, cartoons and everything you want from your USB flash drive or SD card.
    Don`t forget about shortcut.

HERE NAVIGATION (or another favorite navigation):
    Note: Do not forget to connect WIFI first.
    Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install HERE WeGo, launch, place shortcut.

You can install everything applications you need but remember:
    DO NOT INSTALL ANY LAUNCHERS AND ROOT. DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE ENGINEERING MENU.

If you are not sure in your actions - I can lead you by Skype (WhatsApp, Telegram)
    Thanks!:victory:
    Just purchased a 2022 Telluride SX with the wide screen. Been reading this thread and noticing no one has found a way to get into engineering mode for these newer firmware, right?

I would just like to side load some apps and be able to run them from the Kia main menu.

If for some reason I am incorrect in that there’s no way to side load these newer widescreens then please do let me know. It’s Likely I may have scanned across a post or something that had that info.

Thanks!

Today on the Valentines day we have made a secret go public.
    We have been able to gain root access on the Gen5WIDE headunits from europe.

with this hack you can grab and dump the whole system.
    extracts info, keys, decrypt files and perhaps create ur own custom fw.

we provide this info for free, so people can share knowledge and new findings.

Please be aware that this is mainly for devs and technical nerds and linux lovers. untill someone perhaps creates a more user friendly hack.

Happy hunting

Hi guys,
    On my Tucson (2018 - AA) I can only access the engineering mode where I don't...

Update on another model thet does not allow the "full engineering menu":
    2018 Elantra SEL USA version.
    NO: Cannot access the engineering mode that enables app installations (7 taps over 3 points on settings/screensaver).
    YES. Can access the engineering mode from Settings/System Info (5 taps left - 1 tab right).

Looking forward to the hero that finds out how to jailbreak these versions!!
    Now that we can sideload apps, is there any way to let Android auto work wirelessly?

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Of course ! Just install Headunit Reloaded (4.6) on the car system.
    Set it with your phone name (SSID) used for wifi server, and leave IP blank (auto).

The wifi mode of Headunit will automatically connect to Android Auto if this one is in developer mode and its server mode launched.

Everything can be totally automatic, the phone can stay in the pocket. Android Auto appears on the main screen few seconds after the wifi connnection to the phone.
    Here is a video explaining everything