HACK Navigation/Multimedia systems KIA/HYUNDAI and install third-party applications

Search This thread

Kid RC

Nov 10, 2022
:D Sorry for my English! :D
CAUTION: USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
YouTube, your favorite navigation app, video player, online radio, online TV etc. now works on factory multimedia.
No need to connect your multimedia to internet!
This method works fine on models 2016-2018 of issue:
KIA: Optima JF (K5), Rio, Soul, Ceed, Sorento Prime, Stinger, Sportage, Cerato (Forte) (may be other).
HYUNDAI: Solaris, SantaFe, Sonata, Elantra, Creta, Genesis G70, Genesis G80 (may be other).
On board we have Navigation/Multimedia system on Android 4.2.2;

All fine-work applications on my Cloud drive HERE
Please watch all videos from my YouTube channel Everything about everything

If you like this please — Donate!:fingers-crossed:
PayPal – [email protected]
If you are not sure in your actions - I can lead you by Skype (WhatsApp, Telegram)

WARNING!
Do not install any LAUNCHERS (NovaLauncher etc.) or ROOT - it`s brick your device.
Do not do anything else! Do not enter in other sections of Engineering mode.
Be patient and follow the instructions strictly!

FIRST:
Download all the apps from my Cloud drive HERE
And put all this files to root of the USB drive (FAT32)

Let`s Go!
This hack method no need`s to connect your multimedia to internet, if necessary
- activate wifi access point on your phone or use wifi router. Connect your multimedia system to hotspot.
You can watch my VIDEO MANUAL on YouTube HERE

ENGINEERING MODE:
Go to All Menus -> Settings -> Screensaver.
To enter in the Engineering mode you need to tap 7 times under screensavers icons (on red rings) from left to right and back.

do it fast.
Great! Now we have password window! The password is – time on your clock now!

Ok, its luck!

ANDROID SETTINGS:
Now we need to enter to Android settings -> Security and activate Unknown resources.

Done! This will give us the opportunity to install applications from the USB drive.
Note: this system hasn`t go Google apps, Play Market etc.
Push Home button and then we need to access to Engineering mode again.

INSTALLING FILE MANAGER:
To access to the USB drive and install all the applications we need to install File Manager first!
Go to All Menus -> Settings -> Screensaver, tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap, password - time on clock.
Engineering mode -> All Applications -> Browser

On adress bar write: file:///storage/usb0/file.apk and tap OK!

Now you can install the File Manager, install it and tap Open!

Got it!

INSTALLING APPS:
In File Manager -> USB Storage you will see all apps.
Fist install EasyTouch, when it`s intalled tap Open.

Play EasyTouch Demo and them tap Go.
Note: EasyTouch Settings works only on portrait orientation (don`t be afraid it`s mormal).
So, there are many settings, they are no need us now, we need just activate EasyTouch button.

Done! Now push Home and than tap EasyTouch button to open а window. Now we have BACK and HOME buttons.

With long press on any icon in this window it can changed. Change one of them by choosing Engineering mode shortcut on Choose app -Done! Tap anywhere to close window.
Call the window again, swipe left and open Android settings -> Special abilities -> Services EasyTouch - ON

That’s Ok, now we can normally surf in internet and have all shortcuts of any apps.

SOUND FIX:
Note:
Sound on third-party apps works only on MEDIA MODE whit connected USB flash drive (with media files) or with connected Bluetooth device.
On RADIO or AUX MODE sounds from third-party apps doesn’t works!
So, push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install SoundAbout, the Open it.

Now we in SoundAbout settings. Choose on MEDIA AUDIO - Wired Headphones and that`s all.
Tap EasyTouch button and BACK.
Now we need to restart the multimedia - push reset button in SD card slot one time (or find it near you screen). Or you can turn off ACC, open and close driver door and wait 5 minutes to restart the Multimedia.
Sound fixed!
Now you can install any apps and it will be working fine with sound!

YOUTUBE:
On board we hasn`t got Google apps, so we need to install YouTube modification – YOUTUBE VANCED
Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install YouTube Vanced.
Now you can try it!
Open EasyTouch window and place YOUTUBE VANCED shortcut.

VLC PLAYER:
Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install VLC Lite.
Go to VLC Settings -> Hardware accelerationFull acceleration. Set it because we has poor hardware.
Now you can watch films, clips, cartoons and everything you want from your USB flash drive or SD card.
Don`t forget about shortcut.

HERE NAVIGATION (or another favorite navigation):
Note:
Do not forget to connect WIFI first.
Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install HERE WeGo, launch, place shortcut.

You can install everything applications you need but remember:
DO NOT INSTALL ANY LAUNCHERS AND ROOT. DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE ENGINEERING MENU.

If you are not sure in your actions - I can lead you by Skype (WhatsApp, Telegram)
Thanks!:victory:
Help me! I want to login "Engineer mode" AVN of huyndai accent AT 2022. Thank

Attachments

• 20221110_072621.jpg
    20221110_072621.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 113

lukilodz83

Aug 24, 2022
Thanks, but this is for Gent model. Gen4, that I have and cars from 2016, is on Android 2.3.4. and EM can be access by Storage and 5+1 taps. Problem is that changes are not saved.

BenJhon002

Nov 6, 2022
YouTube, your favorite navigation app, video player, online radio, online TV etc. now works on factory multimedia.
KIA: Optima JF (K5), Rio, Soul, Ceed, Sorento Prime, Stinger, Sportage, Cerato (Forte) (may be other).
HYUNDAI: Solaris, SantaFe, Sonata, Elantra, Creta, Genesis G70, Genesis G80 (may be other).

WARNING!
Do not install any LAUNCHERS (NovaLauncher etc.) or ROOT - it`s brick your device.

FIRST:

Let`s Go!
- activate wifi access point on your phone or use wifi router. Connect your multimedia system to hotspot.

ENGINEERING MODE:
To enter in the Engineering mode you need to tap 7 times under screensavers icons (on red rings) from left to right and back.

do it fast.

Ok, its luck!

ANDROID SETTINGS:
Now we need to enter to Android settings -> Security and activate Unknown resources.

Done! This will give us the opportunity to install applications from the USB drive.

INSTALLING FILE MANAGER:
To access to the USB drive and install all the applications we need to install File Manager first!
Go to All Menus -> Settings -> Screensaver, tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap, password - time on clock.

Got it!

INSTALLING APPS:

Note: EasyTouch Settings works only on portrait orientation (don`t be afraid it`s mormal).
So, there are many settings, they are no need us now, we need just activate EasyTouch button.

Done! Now push Home and than tap EasyTouch button to open а window. Now we have BACK and HOME buttons.

With long press on any icon in this window it can changed. Change one of them by choosing Engineering mode shortcut on Choose app -Done! Tap anywhere to close window.
Call the window again, swipe left and open Android settings -> Special abilities -> Services EasyTouch - ON

That’s Ok, now we can normally surf in internet and have all shortcuts of any apps.

SOUND FIX:
Note:
Sound on third-party apps works only on MEDIA MODE whit connected USB flash drive (with media files) or with connected Bluetooth device.
So, push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install SoundAbout, the Open it.

Now we in SoundAbout settings. Choose on MEDIA AUDIO - Wired Headphones and that`s all.
Now we need to restart the multimedia - push reset button in SD card slot one time (or find it near you screen). Or you can turn off ACC, open and close driver door and wait 5 minutes to restart the Multimedia.
Sound fixed!

YOUTUBE:
On board we hasn`t got Google apps, so we need to install YouTube modification – YOUTUBE VANCED
Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install YouTube Vanced.
Now you can try it!

VLC PLAYER:
Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install VLC Lite.
Go to VLC Settings -> Hardware accelerationFull acceleration. Set it because we has poor hardware.
Now you can watch films, clips, cartoons and everything you want from your USB flash drive or SD card.

Note:
Do not forget to connect WIFI first.
Push EasyTouch button then swipe window and choose File Manager. Open USB storage and install HERE WeGo, launch, place shortcut.

DO NOT INSTALL ANY LAUNCHERS AND ROOT. DO NOT OPEN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE ENGINEERING MENU.

Thank you for this detailed information

throwaway8888

Nov 13, 2022
I have a 2016/17 Sorento with latest update running android 2.3. Any way to access ADB/the menu with android settings?

brunofin12

Nov 13, 2022
Hi I'm trying to enable wireless AA on my new Kia sportage, but I am not able to get to engineering mode. I tried many of the solution already listed here. Does anyone know how to help?

Attachments

• PXL_20221113_183231662.jpg
    PXL_20221113_183231662.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 116

brunofin12

Nov 13, 2022
You can't enable wireless Android Auto or carplay you can watch my video. The code is either 2702 or 27021427
Thanks, I saw your video before, followed the steps but still no luck.

What you mean with "You can't enable wireless Android Auto"? Is it just not possible? I thought that by following the steps from this video I'd be able to get wireless AA.
but I have never been able to get to engineering mode yet.

Majidj

Nov 16, 2022
Hello
I have Kia optima 2017 and I can’t access to engineering mode i tried 5+1 but it doesn’t work
Please help me to find a way and I can’t connect my phone to Apple car play 😔

Attachments

• 620CAF1E-A0CC-4FB1-AEF0-AA168752080E.jpeg
    620CAF1E-A0CC-4FB1-AEF0-AA168752080E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Lurker1126

First, thank you to the many people on this thread that have taken the time to dive into this in one way or another. I have read every single post as well as most links to other sites mentioned here....but I am still left a bit unsure and unable to get adb on my unit. Some post I read make me pretty sure I wont be able to, but in the back and forth, its not 100% clear to me.

My specs:
2019 Kia Niro LX Hybrid (US) (not plug-in hybrid)
Infotainment:
7" Non-Navi Gen5 Mobis running Android 4.2.2
Software Version: DEHEV.USA.SOP.V098.181002
Firmware Version: DE.USA.282.181012.MICOM.D

I am able to get into one mode of Engineering (where All in One Version is available) using these steps: Go to System Info - Storage, tap 5x on the left bottom and 1x on the bottom right. No passkey is required on this one. It is not the right Engineering mode though as it does not have ADB/Android Settings options.

I can also trigger an Engineering Mode where i go the the System Info page, set the volume dial to 0, set the volume dial to 7, press in the right tune dial, set the volume to 3, press in the tune dial, set the volume to 1, press the tune knob. A password prompt is shown. I have tried literally every password mentioned on this thread as well as this site and the only one that work is 2400...but it is just dealer mode.

I have tried all of the methods mentioned on this site as well with no luck finding Android Settings.

I have the latest update downloaded to a USB drive (DEHEV19.USA.SOP.V133.221006.STD_H|KM), ready to upgrade to keep the thing up to date...but don't want to do that yet if being on this older one or another past version will get me adb/sideloading.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I am aware of two custom ROM options as well, KoreaCustom.ru and alexmods.ru but I am not certain those work for my device, I also have no idea if I should trust that since i don't see much, if anything on US sites or even XDA about either plus they charge for their ROMs

Last edited:

KaiGore

Dec 10, 2020
hello guys my car is tucson(NX4)
i can go engineering mode
but i cant use usb or adb install third-party applications
how can i do next step?

Attachments

• S__27705859.jpg
    S__27705859.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 76

DrUnkeN_TiGeR

Jul 9, 2008
I successfully got into developer mode on 2020 kia Sportage SX. These are the settings I thought would be helpful. I can only change car size, Bluetooth name and something else in cpu variant, I'm (like everyone else) trying to turn on wireless android auto.. I know shocker.. thanks for reading my picture heavy post

Attachments

• PXL_20221120_023824287.jpg
    PXL_20221120_023824287.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 222
  • PXL_20221120_023813578.jpg
    PXL_20221120_023813578.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 208
  • PXL_20221120_023741835.jpg
    PXL_20221120_023741835.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20221120_023737693.jpg
    PXL_20221120_023737693.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 155
  • PXL_20221120_023653489.jpg
    PXL_20221120_023653489.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 139
  • PXL_20221120_023647739.jpg
    PXL_20221120_023647739.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 140
  • PXL_20221120_021758561.jpg
    PXL_20221120_021758561.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
  • PXL_20221120_021739435.jpg
    PXL_20221120_021739435.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 131
  • PXL_20221120_021731323.jpg
    PXL_20221120_021731323.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 234

Nevil_Lasky

Nov 24, 2022
hello, please help me get into Engineer mode on a Kia Seltos SHGU 8"

Attachments

• 20221124_160618.jpg
    20221124_160618.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 28

zhah

Aug 22, 2011
Hi, I have a hyundai palisade 2019 (Korean) firmware version Lx2.kor.s5w_m.v021.001.220411 help me choose a password for the engineering mode. at the same time, the password 2400 is suitable for the dealer menu.
I already tried, without luck:

Hi! Try to enter current time plus last 4 digits of your firmware date. As I can see you have 220411, so try time +0411 (e.g. 12000411)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have released tools and instructions on how to patch and deploy firmware for Standard-class Gen5 navigation on Hyundai, KIA and Genesis. You can find it here:

A blog post with all findings is coming soon!
    RÉSOLU - J'ai pu accéder rapidement aux paramètres et effectuer une réinitialisation d'usine .. après cela, cela fonctionne. Fait intéressant, si j'active le wifi, le problème revient. Ce doit être un mauvais firmware.. pour le mettre à jour maintenant.
    @lukilodz83 Sorry, I am not familiar with Gen4. I guess you can try holding POWER+MAP or POWER+HOME on start and see if anything happens.
    Why are you all asking for engineering mode pass?
    What do you expect to find there?

In my system (Gen5w EU) nothing usefull there... :confused:
    FYI if you get locked out from using an incorrect password, rebooting the infotainment removes the lock. (reset pin to reboot at least on the DN8 Gen5W Sonata)

WARNING!

FIRST:

Let`s Go!

ENGINEERING MODE:

do it fast.

Ok, its luck!

ANDROID SETTINGS:

INSTALLING FILE MANAGER:

Got it!

INSTALLING APPS:

SOUND FIX:
    Note: Sound on third-party apps works only on MEDIA MODE whit connected USB flash drive (with media files) or with connected Bluetooth device.

Sound fixed!

YOUTUBE:
    Now you can try it!

VLC PLAYER:

Note: Do not forget to connect WIFI first.

Just purchased a 2022 Telluride SX with the wide screen. Been reading this thread and noticing no one has found a way to get into engineering mode for these newer firmware, right?

I would just like to side load some apps and be able to run them from the Kia main menu.

If for some reason I am incorrect in that there’s no way to side load these newer widescreens then please do let me know. It’s Likely I may have scanned across a post or something that had that info.

Thanks!

Today on the Valentines day we have made a secret go public.
    We have been able to gain root access on the Gen5WIDE headunits from europe.

with this hack you can grab and dump the whole system.
    extracts info, keys, decrypt files and perhaps create ur own custom fw.

we provide this info for free, so people can share knowledge and new findings.

Please be aware that this is mainly for devs and technical nerds and linux lovers. untill someone perhaps creates a more user friendly hack.

Happy hunting

Hi guys,
    On my Tucson (2018 - AA) I can only access the engineering mode where I don't...

Update on another model thet does not allow the "full engineering menu":
    2018 Elantra SEL USA version.
    NO: Cannot access the engineering mode that enables app installations (7 taps over 3 points on settings/screensaver).
    YES. Can access the engineering mode from Settings/System Info (5 taps left - 1 tab right).

Looking forward to the hero that finds out how to jailbreak these versions!!
    Now that we can sideload apps, is there any way to let Android auto work wirelessly?

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Of course ! Just install Headunit Reloaded (4.6) on the car system.
    Set it with your phone name (SSID) used for wifi server, and leave IP blank (auto).

The wifi mode of Headunit will automatically connect to Android Auto if this one is in developer mode and its server mode launched.

Everything can be totally automatic, the phone can stay in the pocket. Android Auto appears on the main screen few seconds after the wifi connnection to the phone.