General Hack to Make Fingerprint-Unlock 2x More Reliable! 😱

Search This thread

ronzky321

Jul 5, 2012
We know the Zenfone 8 doesn't have the best FP sensor. I came from Moto Edge 20 Pro (which died) with a side-mounted FP sensor and I terribly miss it's blazing fast recognition.

So in my Zenfone 8 I noticed my left thumb is more reliable than my right. My right has error rate of around 2 out of 5 while my left fails only 1 out of 10.

So I thought there must be something with the sensors orientation.

And so what I did was register my right thumb again but this time, during registration, I turned my phone UPSIDE DOWN.

LO and behold for the past hour my right thumb FP unlock still has never failed! And boy I really wanted it to fail.

I challenge you to test it and see if your success rate has improved.

Thank me later.

alekksander

Nov 1, 2016
i can confirm it works better with left thumb rather than right. but also works better for any other finger than my right thumb. anyhow – for more reliable unlock try to aim a little bit lower on the sensor.

alekksander

Nov 1, 2016
except the lower part of the sensor i mentioned also moving finger down very slightly helps often

alekksander

Nov 1, 2016
New discovery — keeping high brightness helps, and turning additional dim basically breaks FS to the point it is unusable.

landsome

May 4, 2015
Same here: faster and more reliable with new screen protector than in the past. Clear improvement under this scenario.

With a bare screen, however, I am not sure I noticed any improvement (my fingerprint scanner worked very well as of late).

Thanks for the great tip!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We know the Zenfone 8 doesn't have the best FP sensor. I came from Moto Edge 20 Pro (which died) with a side-mounted FP sensor and I terribly miss it's blazing fast recognition.

So in my Zenfone 8 I noticed my left thumb is more reliable than my right. My right has error rate of around 2 out of 5 while my left fails only 1 out of 10.

So I thought there must be something with the sensors orientation.

And so what I did was register my right thumb again but this time, during registration, I turned my phone UPSIDE DOWN.

LO and behold for the past hour my right thumb FP unlock still has never failed! And boy I really wanted it to fail.

I challenge you to test it and see if your success rate has improved.

Thank me later.