• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HACK] (Updated 5/25/10) UNIVERSAL OVERCLOCK for ANY ROM-- Wifi Fixed Version 2.0.1

Search This thread

infinitybiff

Jan 27, 2010
fromhindsight.com
Update to the universal overclock. I've tested it working on several ROMS... seems to be better than my first one. Based off dumfuq's latest OC kernel for CM5 which is based off the latest cyanogenmod. :) Instructions are the same as below. Let's set some G1s on fire!

EDIT WIFI FIXED NOW
UNIVERSAL OVERCLOCK VERSION 2.01 WIFI FIXED

This can be flashed right over what you have now :)
EDIT IT DOES WORK ON 1.5-1.6 ROMS !!!!!

Below you'll find a link to an overclock update.zip ... all you have to do is flash it, regardless of your ROM and use set cpu to tweak your settings. It will allow you to clock the CPU up to 825mhz!!! Anything over 768mhz locks up the phone so you may want to set a max value via userinit.sh. 652mhz seems to be stable for me :)

WARNING: Overclocking can shorten battery life and kill the PROC on your phone. I'm in no way responsible for your phone getting hotter than the sun and exploding.

NANDROID BEFORE FLASHING THIS
I'm not a DEV... i just like to tinker. All I did was notice this and throw it all together--------CREDIT GOES TO Dumfuq, Koush and Pershoot for making this possible

Instructions:
----------------------
INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEEN CHANGED
*Download and install setcpu.
*Select auto detect (ensure it is set at 528mhz) make sure "set on boot" and "ondemand" are selected
*Download and flash THIS update.zip up to 652mhz Stable or this stable 576mhz overclock from Pershoot from recovery and reboot
*Go back into setcpu... hit "menu" and select autodetect again ...you'll notice you now have frequencies for up to 825mhz
*Configure min and max frequency to your liking (652mhz seems to be best for me) (you may want to set a sleep profile of 245min/245max since you won't need OC while you aren't using the device)
*Enjoy

TESTED AND WORKING ON Cyangenmod 5.0.7 / KingKlick's ERIS2G1 / ZXHero 1.5 / ZXHero 2.1 / KingKlick's Legend2G1 / NoSense 1.5 / HTC CLay's Superfast / ALL CSDI ROMS !

Last edited:
Reactions: HTCDreamOn

mccurt29

Dec 9, 2008
ive been waiting on something like this thanxxxxxx

but installation aborted it said something like E: kernal

Last edited:

senab

Apr 29, 2008
London, UK
www.senab.co.uk
Agreed, the zip isn't signed correctly. Here's a working version. ;)

Might want to thank Koush and Pershoot for the kernel script too.

Attachments

• overclock_update_signed.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 3,057

sunsean

Apr 3, 2010
This sounds awesome, it could make many sense roms much more usable as a daily!! Will flash and test later tonight when I get home from work. Thanks!

infinitybiff

Jan 27, 2010
fromhindsight.com
Would you be willing to talk about how this works and how it can work on any Rom. I would be interested in knowing that.

Uses Anykernel.zip created by Koush
updater-script runs and extract the boot.img from your current ROM.
It unpacks the boot.img into kernel and ramdisk.
It repacks newboot.img with the new kernel and the same ramdisk.
It flashes the newly created boot image.

I got the source HERE

fastludeh22

Mar 22, 2009
So if I'm reading this right, your using koush's anykernal method (which pershoot uses on his kernals) with dumfuq's patch. Good ****.

You might want to let people that dumfuqs kernal defaults to 8xx at boot, so a lot of people won't boot if they don't set default boot after flashing. This can be done with userinit.sh or in /system/banner or something like that if u don't have an ext partation w/userinit.sh. its explaind how to push the line in other theard. Id copy and paste here, but I'm driving right now, lol.

You also might want to give pershoot xtra kernal a shot also. It maxes at 576, but also has other optimasations included and if stable on all g1's.

infinitybiff

Jan 27, 2010
fromhindsight.com
So if I'm reading this right, your using koush's anykernal method (which pershoot uses on his kernals) with dumfuq's patch. Good ****.

You might want to let people that dumfuqs kernal defaults to 8xx at boot, so a lot of people won't boot if they don't set default boot after flashing. This can be done with userinit.sh or in /system/banner or something like that if u don't have an ext partation w/userinit.sh. its explaind how to push the line in other theard. Id copy and paste here, but I'm driving right now, lol.

You also might want to give pershoot xtra kernal a shot also. It maxes at 576, but also has other optimasations included and if stable on all g1's.

Thanks for the heads up. I've edited the instructions to install set cpu first so when they flash the update it will still boot up at 528 and they can change accordingly :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update to the universal overclock. I've tested it working on several ROMS... seems to be better than my first one. Based off dumfuq's latest OC kernel for CM5 which is based off the latest cyanogenmod. :) Instructions are the same as below. Let's set some G1s on fire!

EDIT WIFI FIXED NOW
    UNIVERSAL OVERCLOCK VERSION 2.01 WIFI FIXED

This can be flashed right over what you have now :)
    EDIT IT DOES WORK ON 1.5-1.6 ROMS !!!!!

Below you'll find a link to an overclock update.zip ... all you have to do is flash it, regardless of your ROM and use set cpu to tweak your settings. It will allow you to clock the CPU up to 825mhz!!! Anything over 768mhz locks up the phone so you may want to set a max value via userinit.sh. 652mhz seems to be stable for me :)

WARNING: Overclocking can shorten battery life and kill the PROC on your phone. I'm in no way responsible for your phone getting hotter than the sun and exploding.

NANDROID BEFORE FLASHING THIS
    I'm not a DEV... i just like to tinker. All I did was notice this and throw it all together--------CREDIT GOES TO Dumfuq, Koush and Pershoot for making this possible

Instructions:
    ----------------------
    INSTRUCTIONS HAVE BEEN CHANGED
    *Download and install setcpu.
    *Select auto detect (ensure it is set at 528mhz) make sure "set on boot" and "ondemand" are selected
    *Download and flash THIS update.zip up to 652mhz Stable or this stable 576mhz overclock from Pershoot from recovery and reboot
    *Go back into setcpu... hit "menu" and select autodetect again ...you'll notice you now have frequencies for up to 825mhz
    *Configure min and max frequency to your liking (652mhz seems to be best for me) (you may want to set a sleep profile of 245min/245max since you won't need OC while you aren't using the device)
    *Enjoy

TESTED AND WORKING ON Cyangenmod 5.0.7 / KingKlick's ERIS2G1 / ZXHero 1.5 / ZXHero 2.1 / KingKlick's Legend2G1 / NoSense 1.5 / HTC CLay's Superfast / ALL CSDI ROMS !
    To the guys who are trying this OC kernel on CM6, use the ACTUAL CM6 kernels from here, they are amazing and FAST. OC up to 825MHz.