Hack Xiaomi Mijia Walkie Talkie

Search This thread

darkhorse1870

Mar 21, 2011
I just wondering is it possible to hack xiaomi mijia walkie talkie frequency ?

Surely it is! ;)

I've added the new "Fine tune" item to custom channels menu:
14355940.jpg

Enter frequency in Herz!!!:
14355943.jpg

Download modded APK here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3Z2TRhf7Qc98D0O06d3Uf1xKEQhfsTB

Information outdated!

Please, use mijia walkie-talkie application mod V2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78533983&postcount=30

Last edited:

faljse

Mar 27, 2011
Please check your application name: my mod displayed as "MI PTT+" , instead of original "MI PTT". Mod could not be installed over the original app (due to changed signature) - so, uninstall the original "MI PTT" app first.

Thats exactly what i did; anyway i will try again tomorrow

What does this hack do exactly

darkhorse1870

Mar 21, 2011

It allows to set any frequency you want for custom channels on your Mijia Walkie Talkie. To do this:
1) Uninstall "MI PTT" ; install application mod, pair it with Walkie Talkie.
2) Tap gearwheel icon to enter "Radio Settings" screen; tap "switch >" to open channels setup screen.
3) Tap "Custom CHs" to open custom channels list; if you don't have custom channels - create one by "+" button.
4) Long-tap custom channel name to open channel popup menu.
5) Mod only: there should be a new item in this menu: "Fine tune" (1st screenshot). Tap it -> "Fine tune" dialog will be opened (2nd screenshot) and you can enter any frequency you want (in Herz!), not limited by Xiaomi range.
6) Tap to custom channel you've edited, to select it on Mijia.

Last edited:

stanleysi

Dec 19, 2018
Just bought a Xiaomi walkie s1

I paired it with the Xiaomi home app - and noticed there is no way to edit any frequency . I need to key in frequency 447.25

Can anyone help advise

Thx

stanleysi

Dec 19, 2018
look at post #3, download and install simple as that

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thx - I got it installed but nothing happens when I long press the Custom CH menu (to access the fine tune menu) ... so I can't punch in anything above 440 at the moment .... Do you know if there's a way around this?

Thx

damn66

Apr 24, 2005
Thx - I got it installed but nothing happens when I long press the Custom CH menu (to access the fine tune menu) ... so I can't punch in anything above 440 at the moment .... Do you know if there's a way around this?

Thx
input 440000000 for 440.000

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Mi PTT+" mod

Here is my new mijia walkie-talkie application mod.
    Mod is based on original version 2.9.23 2.9.34 2.13.7.

Changelog:

1. All fancy Xiaomi frequency editing dialogs are replaced by simplified ones:
    14851033.jpg

These simplified dialogs allows to enter any frequency you want, in Megaherz, in 130 - 520 MHz range, with 1Hz precision (up to 6 fraction part digits). Original frequency dialogs are replaced both for custom channels and repeaters for all supported walkie-talkie models.

2. Language mapping rules are changed.
    While original mijia walkie-talkie application has Chinese and English languages, it follows the rule: all non-English languages --> Chinese. It is not a problem if your phone's language is English or Chinese; but if your primary language is, for example, Spanish or Russian - mijia walkie-talkie application will use Chinese UI, and will update your walkie-talkie firmware to the Chinese version :(.
    My mod changes language mapping to the opposite: all non-Chinese phone languages --> English, so with Spanish primary language you will have English UI in application, and English walkie-talkie firmware updates.

3. "User Experience statistics sending" (i.e. spying!) is turned off by default.
    In case you want to take part in UI Improvement program - you can turn it on back in "About" section :).

<update 01/25/2019>
    4. Added the ability to install modified firmware.

Now you can use Mi PTT app mod to flash custom firmware to all supported Xiaomi Mijia Walkie-Talkie radios. To do so, you should create the folder named "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" in your phone's internal memory, and put the correctly named firmware file(s) there. While such a folder exists, "Mi PTT+" believes that connected radio has firmware version "0.0.1", so the app will try to perform a firmware update. In case if there are any firmware files suitable for your radio model and revision in "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder, such a file will be flashed to the radio; otherwise, the latest official firmware version for your radio will be used (so you can revert to the official firmware by creating the empty "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder).
    Please, do not forget to remove or rename "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder upon the firmware update - otherwise, "Mi PTT+" continue to treat your radio firmware as version "0.0.1", and will not operate correctly.

<update 12/13/2019>
    Rebuild the mod basing on the original 2.9.34 app. No new functions have been added, but the new version should be fully compatible with the 2nd gen Mi Walkie-Talkie radio (MJDJJ02FY).

<update 04/15/2022>
    Rebuild the mod basing on the original 2.13.7 app. New version should be fully compatible with updated 2nd gen Mi Walkie-Talkie radio (XMDJJ02) and with Mi Walkie-Talkie Lite (XMDJJL01).
    5. Remove both application auto-update and the attached walkie-talkie firmware update checking on startup.

An important notice about using MI PTT+ on Android 11 and newer devices
    To use MI PTT+ custom firmware flashing feature on Android 11+ devices, you should manually give the storage access permission to MI PTT+ application. To do this, long-click MI PTT+ icon, then click "App info" --> "Permissions" --> "Storage" and check "Allow management of all files" mark.

Download mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10JFnydu3QYBQkfLFRKNKy08ipwRs4l7S

Mod sources on Github: https://github.com/Mi-Walkie-Talkie-by-Darkhorse/Mi-Walkie-Talkie-Plus

Application signature is chaged, so you can't install the mod on top of the original app - please, remove the original app first!
    Xiaomi Mijia Walkie Talkie 2 firmware mod

Darkhorse, thank you for your Mi PTT+, it's very useful on my Mi 1S, but can you make it work for MJDJJ02FY (Mi Walkie Talkie 2), pleaseee... I need 142,800Mhz. Thanx before.

I have new xiaomi
    MJDJJ02FY
    Please advise how to change frequency 130 - 520 MHz

Thanks

Please update to Xiaomi Mijia Walkie Talkie 2
    Only you can do it in the world.

Here it is : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Np9tbz_SSX7bYDq_1G7uCmmM9MK2783r (updated 12/24/2019)
    It is a modified Xiaomi Mi2 (MJDJJ02FY) firmware, which allows to use an entire walkie-talkie radio chip frequency range 130-520MHz for the user channels, without any redundant software limitations (the actual frequency range, though, is limited by the radio circuitry and could vary from one radio to another).

To install the modified firmware:
    1. Download the latest version of my "Mi PTT+" application mod here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78533983&postcount=30 ; install or reinstall it.
    2. Unpack "Mi2-nolimits-20191223.zip" file to your phone's internal memory. As a result, you should get "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder there with the firmware file "shark_1.0.4-mod-nlt_hw2.bin" inside.
    3. Run "Mi PTT+"; connect to Mi2 radio; proceed to "Radio Settings" --> "Firmware Update" and press "Flash 'shark_1.0.4-mod-nlt_hw2.bin'" button to start firmware update!
    4. After finishing the update, close "Mi PTT+" , remove (or rename) "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder, and reboot the phone (or you can force stop "Mi PTT+" if it is easier for you, it will be enougth). That's all!

Remember - firmware update is a dangerous operation! I am not responsible for damaging of your hardware; do it at your own risk!

Mi 2 firmware files with the related disassembled sources are awailable on Github now: https://github.com/Mi-Walkie-Talkie-by-Darkhorse/Mi2-firmware ; feel free to send me a pull request if you are interested in firmware mods development.
    Mi 1S "no limit" firmware mod

I see some one can be it working to 470 MHz, is it possible to get it up to 478 MHz? The Australian citizen band range is 476.4125 - 477.4125 MHz.

interesting, waiting fo it to happen

Here it is : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qrPAOFcsSwcs21sOHE_ohDe-0WnkI-dd
    It is a modified Xiaomi Mi1S firmware, which allows to use an entire walkie-talkie radio chip frequency range without any redundant software limitations. As a result, radio works as receiver in 130-520MHz range; transmission frequency range, unfortunately, is limited by the transmitter circuitry to 390-510MHz approximately (could vary from one radio to another).

To install the modified firmware:
    1. Download the latest version of my "Mi PTT+" application mod here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78533983&postcount=30 ; install or reinstall it.
    2. Unpack "Mi1S-no_limit-19-04-10.zip" file to your phone's internal memory. As a result, you should get "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder there with 3 files inside (diffirent firmware for 3 Mi1S hardware revisions).
    3. Run "Mi PTT+"; connect to Mi1S radio; proceed to "Radio Settings" --> "Firmware Update" and press "Flash <your-firmware-file-name>" button to start firmware update!
    4. After finishing the update, close "Mi PTT+" , remove (or rename) "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder, and reboot the phone (or you can force stop "Mi PTT+" if it is easier for you, it will be enougth). That's all!

Interesting note
    It looks like at least some Mi1S radios with my firmware mod are fully operational in VHF range : both receiver and transmitter work OK!
    What a surprise! :)

Remember - firmware update is a dangerous operation! I am not responsible for damaging of your hardware; do it at your own risk!
    how about custom freq (fine_tune) in repeater menu

hopefully darkhorse1870 can help, I have the 1S as well :)

Work in progress.
    Please, be patient: this mod is a hobby project for me, not a full-time job.

It allows to set any frequency you want for custom channels on your Mijia Walkie Talkie. To do this:
    1) Uninstall "MI PTT" ; install application mod, pair it with Walkie Talkie.
    2) Tap gearwheel icon to enter "Radio Settings" screen; tap "switch >" to open channels setup screen.
    3) Tap "Custom CHs" to open custom channels list; if you don't have custom channels - create one by "+" button.
    4) Long-tap custom channel name to open channel popup menu.
    5) Mod only: there should be a new item in this menu: "Fine tune" (1st screenshot). Tap it -> "Fine tune" dialog will be opened (2nd screenshot) and you can enter any frequency you want (in Herz!), not limited by Xiaomi range.
    6) Tap to custom channel you've edited, to select it on Mijia.