• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hack Xiaomi Mijia Walkie Talkie

Search This thread

ppingg

Sep 20, 2020
Is it working with mijia beebest

i @DarkHorse
I have a xiaomi mijia beebest walkie talkie.
Can you please advice if your mod apk and your updated firmware will work with mijia beebest walkie talkie or not.
Can I lock the mijia beebest UHF and VHF frequency with your mod apk.
Please advice and thank you very much

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hihihehe159

Sep 7, 2020
Dude...at least could you just give your video a subtitle in english?
I'm tottaly lost in translation...

PTT + mod always considers radio the V0.01 version no matter which version of your radio is. It doesn't care if the radio is in V1.0.5 or V1.0.n +. As long as it connects to the radio and detects that there is an updated version in your phone, it will immediately show the radio update status. Let's find out about that with PTT +. You need to follow these instructions:
Step 1: Extract the Fw mod file.
Step 2: After extracting, you will find a file named "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware"
Step 3: Copy the folder "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" to the phone memory. (Note: the phone memory is the external memory where the system folders are located.) Here PTT + will scan and detect the folder "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware", it will understand that an update is available new.
Step 4: Go back to PTT + you will see the "Flash" button pop up and you just need to click.
Step 5: After updating, you must delete the folder "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware". Because if you leave that directory in place, PTT + will always think that an updated version is available

Last edited:

Riszad

Dec 17, 2020
Surely it is! ;)

I've added the new "Fine tune" item to custom channels menu:
14355940.jpg

Enter frequency in Herz!!!:
14355943.jpg

Download modded APK here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3Z2TRhf7Qc98D0O06d3Uf1xKEQhfsTB

Information outdated!

Please, use mijia walkie-talkie application mod V2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78533983&postcount=30

Can this be for xiaomi mijia lite
Surely it is! ;)

I've added the new "Fine tune" item to custom channels menu:
14355940.jpg

Enter frequency in Herz!!!:
14355943.jpg

Download modded APK here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P3Z2TRhf7Qc98D0O06d3Uf1xKEQhfsTB

Information outdated!

Please, use mijia walkie-talkie application mod V2: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78533983&postcount=30

Can this be for xiaomi mijia Walkie Talkie lite

erkamahendra

Aug 28, 2019
PTT + mod always considers radio the V0.01 version no matter which version of your radio is. It doesn't care if the radio is in V1.0.5 or V1.0.n +. As long as it connects to the radio and detects that there is an updated version in your phone, it will immediately show the radio update status. Let's find out about that with PTT +. You need to follow these instructions:
Step 1: Extract the Fw mod file.
Step 2: After extracting, you will find a file named "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware"
Step 3: Copy the folder "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" to the phone memory. (Note: the phone memory is the external memory where the system folders are located.) Here PTT + will scan and detect the folder "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware", it will understand that an update is available new.
Step 4: Go back to PTT + you will see the "Flash" button pop up and you just need to click.
Step 5: After updating, you must delete the folder "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware". Because if you leave that directory in place, PTT + will always think that an updated version is available

Hi...I already follow your instructions, but it went wrong. Maybe something I missed bout this.
First, I already extract that file, and it goes to this.
I already move it to the folder named mitalki. It was the only folder that contain this walkie talkie's info (correct me if i'm wrong).
When get the apps, and try to update firmware, it is said that I already has latest update (v1.05),
Please help me @darkhorse1870 @Hihihehe159
Screenshot_2021-01-29-08-52-18-1363375582.png
and can't update anymore
Screenshot_2021-01-29-08-49-56-2093030213.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-01-29-08-49-56-2093030213.png
    Screenshot_2021-01-29-08-49-56-2093030213.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 50

Hugooz96

Mar 24, 2019
Is it working with mijia beebest

i @DarkHorse
I have a xiaomi mijia beebest walkie talkie.
Can you please advice if your mod apk and your updated firmware will work with mijia beebest walkie talkie or not.
Can I lock the mijia beebest UHF and VHF frequency with your mod apk.
Please advice and thank you very much

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE]
Is it possible to unlock this BeeBest walkie talkie like other @darkhorse1870??

Last edited:

iwr-80

Apr 5, 2021
Xiaomi Mijia Walkie Talkie 2 firmware mod

Here it is : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Np9tbz_SSX7bYDq_1G7uCmmM9MK2783r (updated 12/24/2019)
It is a modified Xiaomi Mi2 (MJDJJ02FY) firmware, which allows to use an entire walkie-talkie radio chip frequency range 130-520MHz for the user channels, without any redundant software limitations (the actual frequency range, though, is limited by the radio circuitry and could vary from one radio to another).

To install the modified firmware:
1. Download the latest version of my "Mi PTT+" application mod here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78533983&postcount=30 ; install or reinstall it.
2. Unpack "Mi2-nolimits-20191223.zip" file to your phone's internal memory. As a result, you should get "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder there with the firmware file "shark_1.0.4-mod-nlt_hw2.bin" inside.
3. Run "Mi PTT+"; connect to Mi2 radio; proceed to "Radio Settings" --> "Firmware Update" and press "Flash 'shark_1.0.4-mod-nlt_hw2.bin'" button to start firmware update!
4. After finishing the update, close "Mi PTT+" , remove (or rename) "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder, and reboot the phone (or you can force stop "Mi PTT+" if it is easier for you, it will be enougth). That's all!

Remember - firmware update is a dangerous operation! I am not responsible for damaging of your hardware; do it at your own risk!

Mi 2 firmware files with the related disassembled sources are awailable on Github now: https://github.com/Mi-Walkie-Talkie-by-Darkhorse/Mi2-firmware ; feel free to send me a pull request if you are interested in firmware mods development.
Thanks' for your effort for solve this problem, what kind of damage will be occur if apply that process, and how fix it if the problem was exist.
thank's

martinyww

Jul 1, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 8
Dear @darkhorse1870

i interested in firmware mods development, i want to erase the default 20 Amateur Channels, i use the software and your origanal idb file and idc file to mix it and try to found the defult Amateur Channels to erase default 20 channels, but can not found it, can you help me to fix it to erase the default Amateur Channels. Thank you @darkhorse1870.

adhimette.champ

Jul 17, 2021
Hi...I already follow your instructions, but it went wrong. Maybe something I missed bout this.
First, I already extract that file, and it goes to this.
I already move it to the folder named mitalki. It was the only folder that contain this walkie talkie's info (correct me if i'm wrong).
When get the apps, and try to update firmware, it is said that I already has latest update (v1.05),
Please help me @darkhorse1870 @Hihihehe159 View attachment 5202099 and can't update anymore
View attachment 5202093
@darkhorse1870 help me plese i cant update too

Ppahkece

Sep 4, 2021
It appears Darkhorse1870 vanished a year ago. The video mentioned above does NOT help those who have gen.2 Mi Walkies with 1.05 on them. Ver 1.04 is needed - and I don't know if a rollback or workaround is possible. If I find something, I'll put it here. #
It appears Darkhorse1870 vanished a year ago. The video mentioned above does NOT help those who have gen.2 Mi Walkies with 1.05 on them. Ver 1.04 is needed - and I don't know if a rollback or workaround is possible. If I find something, I'll put it here. #
Please let me know if there is any information on how to open mi walkies gen.2 freq XMDJJ02

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "Mi PTT+" mod

Here is my new mijia walkie-talkie application mod.
    Mod is based on original version 2.9.23 2.9.34.

Changelog:

1. All fancy Xiaomi frequency editing dialogs are replaced by simplified ones:
    14851033.jpg

These simplified dialogs allows to enter any frequency you want, in Megaherz, in 130 - 520 MHz range, with 1Hz precision (up to 6 fraction part digits). Original frequency dialogs are replaced both for custom channels and repeaters for all supported walkie-talkie models.

2. Language mapping rules are changed.
    While original mijia walkie-talkie application has Chinese and English languages, it follows the rule: all non-English languages --> Chinese. It is not a problem if your phone's language is English or Chinese; but if your primary language is, for example, Spanish or Russian - mijia walkie-talkie application will use Chinese UI, and will update your walkie-talkie firmware to the Chinese version :(.
    My mod changes language mapping to the opposite: all non-Chinese phone languages --> English, so with Spanish primary language you will have English UI in application, and English walkie-talkie firmware updates.

3. "User Experience statistics sending" (i.e. spying!) is turned off by default.
    In case you want to take part in UI Improvement program - you can turn it on back in "About" section :).

<update 01/25/2019>
    4. Added the ability to install modified firmware.

Now you can use Mi PTT app mod to flash custom firmware to all supported Xiaomi Mijia Walkie-Talkie radios. To do so, you should create the folder named "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" in your phone's internal memory, and put the correctly named firmware file(s) there. While such a folder exists, "Mi PTT+" believes that connected radio has firmware version "0.0.1", so the app will try to perform a firmware update. In case if there are any firmware files suitable for your radio model and revision in "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder, such a file will be flashed to the radio; otherwise, the latest official firmware version for your radio will be used (so you can revert to the official firmware by creating the empty "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder).
    Please, do not forget to remove or rename "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder upon the firmware update - otherwise, "Mi PTT+" continue to treat your radio firmware as version "0.0.1", and will not operate correctly.

<update 12/13/2019>
    Rebuild the mod basing on the original 2.9.34 app. No new functions have been added, but the new version should be fully compatible with the 2nd gen Mi Walkie-Talkie radio (MJDJJ02FY).

Download mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tZrlQn9lvhEUVT_U02UQxSO3f0UMBF-c

Mod sources on Github: https://github.com/Mi-Walkie-Talkie-by-Darkhorse/Mi-Walkie-Talkie-Plus

Application signature is chaged, so you can't install the mod on top of the original app - please, remove the original app first!
    Xiaomi Mijia Walkie Talkie 2 firmware mod

Darkhorse, thank you for your Mi PTT+, it's very useful on my Mi 1S, but can you make it work for MJDJJ02FY (Mi Walkie Talkie 2), pleaseee... I need 142,800Mhz. Thanx before.

I have new xiaomi
    MJDJJ02FY
    Please advise how to change frequency 130 - 520 MHz

Thanks

Please update to Xiaomi Mijia Walkie Talkie 2
    Only you can do it in the world.

Here it is : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Np9tbz_SSX7bYDq_1G7uCmmM9MK2783r (updated 12/24/2019)
    It is a modified Xiaomi Mi2 (MJDJJ02FY) firmware, which allows to use an entire walkie-talkie radio chip frequency range 130-520MHz for the user channels, without any redundant software limitations (the actual frequency range, though, is limited by the radio circuitry and could vary from one radio to another).

1. Download the latest version of my "Mi PTT+" application mod here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78533983&postcount=30 ; install or reinstall it.
    2. Unpack "Mi2-nolimits-20191223.zip" file to your phone's internal memory. As a result, you should get "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder there with the firmware file "shark_1.0.4-mod-nlt_hw2.bin" inside.
    3. Run "Mi PTT+"; connect to Mi2 radio; proceed to "Radio Settings" --> "Firmware Update" and press "Flash 'shark_1.0.4-mod-nlt_hw2.bin'" button to start firmware update!
    4. After finishing the update, close "Mi PTT+" , remove (or rename) "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder, and reboot the phone (or you can force stop "Mi PTT+" if it is easier for you, it will be enougth). That's all!

Remember - firmware update is a dangerous operation! I am not responsible for damaging of your hardware; do it at your own risk!

Mi 2 firmware files with the related disassembled sources are awailable on Github now: https://github.com/Mi-Walkie-Talkie-by-Darkhorse/Mi2-firmware ; feel free to send me a pull request if you are interested in firmware mods development.
    Mi 1S "no limit" firmware mod

I see some one can be it working to 470 MHz, is it possible to get it up to 478 MHz? The Australian citizen band range is 476.4125 - 477.4125 MHz.

interesting, waiting fo it to happen

Here it is : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qrPAOFcsSwcs21sOHE_ohDe-0WnkI-dd
    It is a modified Xiaomi Mi1S firmware, which allows to use an entire walkie-talkie radio chip frequency range without any redundant software limitations. As a result, radio works as receiver in 130-520MHz range; transmission frequency range, unfortunately, is limited by the transmitter circuitry to 390-510MHz approximately (could vary from one radio to another).

2. Unpack "Mi1S-no_limit-19-04-10.zip" file to your phone's internal memory. As a result, you should get "Mi-walkie-talkie.firmware" folder there with 3 files inside (diffirent firmware for 3 Mi1S hardware revisions).
    3. Run "Mi PTT+"; connect to Mi1S radio; proceed to "Radio Settings" --> "Firmware Update" and press "Flash <your-firmware-file-name>" button to start firmware update!

Interesting note
    It looks like at least some Mi1S radios with my firmware mod are fully operational in VHF range : both receiver and transmitter work OK!
    What a surprise! :)

how about custom freq (fine_tune) in repeater menu

hopefully darkhorse1870 can help, I have the 1S as well :)

Work in progress.
    Please, be patient: this mod is a hobby project for me, not a full-time job.
    What does this hack do exactly

It allows to set any frequency you want for custom channels on your Mijia Walkie Talkie. To do this:
    1) Uninstall "MI PTT" ; install application mod, pair it with Walkie Talkie.
    2) Tap gearwheel icon to enter "Radio Settings" screen; tap "switch >" to open channels setup screen.
    3) Tap "Custom CHs" to open custom channels list; if you don't have custom channels - create one by "+" button.
    4) Long-tap custom channel name to open channel popup menu.
    5) Mod only: there should be a new item in this menu: "Fine tune" (1st screenshot). Tap it -> "Fine tune" dialog will be opened (2nd screenshot) and you can enter any frequency you want (in Herz!), not limited by Xiaomi range.
    6) Tap to custom channel you've edited, to select it on Mijia.