Hacks & tricks for TicWatch Pro 3 (and most Wear OS smartwatches)

Search This thread

bdaviesweb

Sep 1, 2010
Android Wear
OnePlus 9 Pro
The difference in battery life before I even touch essential mode is absolutely bonkers. Included a pic, the idle is so much more efficient and controlling music and responding to notifications seems to have little impact. Impressed so far.
Screenshot_20210422-075105.jpg

Reactions: krakout

TheDrgizzmo

Dec 9, 2011
thanks a lot for the thread, today i buy my first smartwatch ticwatch 3 pro lte, i been using amazfit bip v1 for the last 4 years or 5 i think.
My firts questiosn are... hey can be root? can flash a custom ROM? can remove all the sucking stuff of the watch?
dude you do a good job, thanks a lot!!!

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
Have you tried to use the alarm in essential mode? Because currently if you use it, when the alarm rings you can't disconnect because the alarm screen doesn't show...so you need to open the alarm app in order to disconnect it.
This is the word thing because it forces me to don't use essential mode during the nights.
Other question, Anybody knows were can I buy an USB cable with 4 pins to connect with the watch via ADB?
I'm looking through the web but I didn't found anything

I join your request, I have been looking for a data cable for the watch for a long time, in the Ticwatch Pro 2020 comes with a USB cable that charges and transfers data, I don't know if it will be compatible with this watch.

thanks a lot for the thread, today i buy my first smartwatch ticwatch 3 pro lte, i been using amazfit bip v1 for the last 4 years or 5 i think.
My firts questiosn are... hey can be root? can flash a custom ROM? can remove all the sucking stuff of the watch?

No, for now you can't root it and therefore there is no custom ROM for this watch. The bloatware can be uninstalled (you don't need root) although I recommend you disable them instead of uninstalling. The explanation in the first post.

Metallijim

Dec 1, 2011
Bedford
Hi. Thanks to @bernarbernuli , who has made a nice easy to follow guide. Really helpful!

I have had my Ticwatch E2 for a little while now, and, although I know it's no fast performer, I figured why not try and disable some of the apps, see if it makes a difference to the responsiveness and battery life of the watch. I've disabled all I could, and well. we'll see. I have no problem using Google health apps instead of Mobvoi.

Many thanks again, and for everyone who has contributed.

Magics

Jun 16, 2007
Ciao gente
Penso che potrebbe essere utile a qualcuno ..

il mio Ticwatch Pro3 LTE ha appena ricevuto il firmware ..
Modello: WH11013
Nome del dispositivo: Ticwatch PRO3 1151
Build: PMRL.21041.4.002
Versione del sistema: H MR2
Indossare la versione del Sistema operativo: 2.27
Livello patch di sicurezza: Marzo 2021

al momento non ho altre info.
saluti dall'italia

Last edited:
Reactions: bernarbernuli

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
New update for the Ticwatch Pro 3 LTE..

Wear OS H-MR2 has also been implemented on the LTE variant and has firmware version PMRL.210414.002. Anyone who is unclear how to update the firmware, or even force update read the explanation in the first post of this thread.

The OTA includes all the new features, improvements and bug fixes that were included in the update for the GPS variant in February and also from 2 weeks ago, in April, since for the LTE variant they skipped them. If I am not mistaken since it was released in December 2020 the LTE variant never released an OTA.

In this update includes in my opinion as remarkable improvements such as being able to turn off the backlight at night or enable notification sound (which had been applied in February for GPS variant), or automatically enter at night in essential mode (applied in April to GPS variant). It also added some bug fixes exclusive to LTE, in this case fixing the problem with Vodafone Spain eSIM..

TicWatch Pro 3 LTE Wear OS H-MR2 update changelog:

New features:.
  • Support adjusting the essential screen's date format (DD-MM/MM-DD) through the Essential Mode app.
  • Support turning on the backlight through the power button in the essential mode.
  • Support turning off the essential screen's auto-backlight in the Essential Mode app.
  • Enable the notification sound (Can be adjusted in Settings --> Sound --> Ring volume). Need to re-pair to take effect.
  • New screen brightness layout.
  • New tile for weather app.
  • New theater mode.
  • Support regular enter and exit the essential mode.

Improvements:
  • Improved the speed of the Tilt-to-wake screen by about 1/4 second.
  • Solved the issue where sometimes the steps in the essential mode might be partially lost after restarting.
  • Improved the smoothness of sliding.
  • Optimized the responsive area at the edge of the screen.
  • Reduced the backlight brightness of the essential screen.
  • Improved pairing speed when pairing with Android phones.
  • Optimized the media volume and the ringtone volume bar’s display to match the actual volume.
  • Optimized the order of apps in Mobvoi launcher.
  • Optimized sliding smoothness in Mobvoi launcher.
  • Optimized the detection accuracy of removing the wristband from the wrist.
  • Improved the performance of Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 platforms.
  • Moved the "OK Google" switch from the watch settings menu to the Google Assistant settings.
  • Optimized the shutdown charging animation
  • Security patch updated to 05-03-2021.

Bugs fixed:
  • Solved the issue that the essential screen's backlight could not be lit up by Tilt-to wake under certain circumstances.
  • Fixed the issue that double-clicking the function key sometimes opens other apps instead of Google pay(if Google pay is available in your area).
  • Fixed an issue that Auto-DND mode sometimes does not activate.
  • Fixed an issue where the screen might not lock during charging.
  • Fixed an issue where the Phone app could disappear in Mobvoi launcher when paired with an Android phone.
  • Fixed the bug of watch loop reset after installed Vodafone Spain eSIM,
  • Fixed the bug of modem might crash under certain circunstances.
  • Fixed other discovered bugs.

Reactions: Gitanitos

ron_hyatt

Apr 2, 2012
Hello everyone!

Got my ticwatch pro 3 gps less 36 hours ago and have few questions ;

1) how do i disble the fstn screen backlight?
2) how can i add heartrate icon to show on fstn screen?
3) I have chosen united states english during setup and now the native weather app on the watch only show temperature in fahrenheit not celsuis so i installed accuweather coz i was able to choose celsuis but cant add accuweather in tiles(only few preset tiles are available to choose from!) and even google assistant shows fahrenheit....any way to change that without having to reset the watch and go through setup again?!

4) another annoying thing is that i have to login to another wifi router apart from the router my phone connected to if i wanted to use wifi only with bluetooth off otherwise i get a "please check your connection" message!!

5) the 577 mah battery on this watch is disappointing......i have aod off, tilt to wake off, brightness set to minimal, nfc off, wifi off, animations off from developer options yet i only get barely under 36 hours on a single charge just because i enabled 24 hours heartrate,sp02 and stress measuring!.....thats much less than the advertised 48-72 hours!!

6) the choice of internet browsers and youtube apps on the watch playstore are very poor....any suggestions?

7) can the system updates be turned off?(not the auto update apps on playstore coz i already have that off!).

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
Most common Wear OS issues and how to fix them.

'OK Google' does not activate Google Assistant

Numerous Wear OS users have noticed that their watch does not activate the Google Assistant when saying the voice command "OK Google". Although Google months ago acknowledged the problem and fixed it in a March update to the Google app many users were still reporting that it was not working.​

okgoogle-en.png

Solution:
  1. Make sure that "OK Google detection" is enabled in the Google Assistant settings.
  2. Now it's about removing the Google app updates, so go to Play Store and click on My Apps > Google > Uninstall. You can also do it from Watch settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info > System Apps > Google > Remove Updates.
  3. Say "OK Google" and check that it works correctly, restart if necessary.
  4. Go back to Play Store, and update the Google app, also reboot if necessary.

Note: From essential mode it will not detect "OK Google", only from watchface.​

Loses GPS signal, when you get separated from the phone

There is a known bug from Google (not yet resolved) where when you start a training activity on the watch that requires GPS (e.g. running or walking) and at that moment you are connected via bluetooth to the phone (you should keep in mind that the watch already had acquired GPS positioning from the phone at that moment). If that happens the watch will not acquire GPS positioning independently and the run will not be tracked when you move away from your phone.​

The ideal is to use the GPS of the watch itself (actually it should say GNSS), as it will normally be more accurate than positioning with the phone, remember that the watch can simultaneously make use of several navigation systems, in addition to GPS these are, GLONASS, BEIDOU, GALILEO and QZSS. Normally the phones do not receive the signal of all these systems, although there are more and more phones that do, but in general terms, it is normal that the watch is better positioned. In addition to this, it would also be to avoid dependence on the phone when you go for a run. What happens? That after you have done the training session you check that the GPS was not detected and therefore nothing was recorded.​

Solution 1:​

When you go out for a run/walk disconnect the bluetooth from the phone to lose the phone-watch link, and wait for the watch to position itself. The downside is that it usually takes quite a while for the watch's GPS to become active.​

Solution 2:​

Another more recommended solution is through the app Wear GPS Fix, what it does is that it gets the GPS location on the watch. While you wait for the GPS location, the app shows you the real-time satellite status so you can see how many satellites have been found and how many are used in location detection. Once purchased, Wear GPS Fix immediately opens your favorite workout app (Google Fit, Runtastic, Strava...), transfers the GPS location to the app and you are ready to start your workout and you can get accurate GPS tracking. You can install the app from the Play Store on your watch.​

Wear-GPS-Fix.png

Reactions: krakout

ron_hyatt

Apr 2, 2012
Am having a problem with telegram app on wear os on ticwatch pro 3 gps.....i enabled notifications and all permissions in the app but it does not ring or vibrate at all when i receive a message!!

any clue?!

bernarbernuli

Aug 26, 2010
Vigo
www.htcmania.com
How to use Google Pay with unsupported banks.

As of today, Google Pay has spread in most of Europe, USA, Canada, Brazil, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and some countries in Asia such as India and Japan, and in each of these countries there are banks that are compatible with Google Pay contactless payment and others that are not (here complete list of banks by country), for example, in Spain which is the country where I live, there are many banks that have already joined Google Pay. If you are a customer of one of the supported banks you can easily add your credit and debit cards to Google Pay and pay from your phone or watch without problems but unfortunately, there are 2 major banks (and several more minority ones) that currently do not support Google Pay payments, these are CaixaBank and Banco Santander.

What happens to cards issued by entities such as these that have not joined Google Pay? In principle, you might think that there is nothing to do but, fortunately, there is a solution.

Basically it is to use a debit card that does support payments with Google Pay, and that you can associate with your usual debit card. In other words, it consists of having the card act as a "bridge" between your bank and Google Pay. It is an interesting option, since it does not imply having to become a customer of another bank or accept their conditions if you become a customer (in some cases, having a minimum amount of money in your current accounts or having your salary paid directly into your bank account). In European countries there is a solution, which is not associated with traditional banks, supports Google Pay and serves perfectly as a bridge, it is the Curve card. If you check the list of supported banks by country you will see that it is compatible in almost all European countries, in fact this card operates in 31 European countries. If Curve is not integrated in your country, either inside or outside Europe, investigate the compatible cards in your country from this list in case there is an alternative such as N26, Revolut, Monzo, etc.

tarjeta-curve-min.jpg

In the case of the Curve Mastercard, it is a physical card that is sent to your home free of charge and is not associated with any bank account, but with one or more credit/debit cards that you own. Therefore, once received at home, you must activate the card in the mobile app and then upload the cards you want to associate with Curve. When you pay with the Curve card, the charge is made to the card you have chosen at any given time. Now if you want to make payments through Google Pay you just have to add it as any other since as I said before the Curve card is supported by Google Pay. Every time you use Google Pay to pay with the Curve card, the charge is made to the card you have associated. Here more info about the Curve card and here with an explanatory video.

Although I consider that the great advantage is that you can use the card with non-compatible banks, the Curve card also has other advantages:
  • You can choose which of your VISA or Mastercard you want to pay with, by using the Curve Mastercard, you no longer need to carry the other cards in your wallet.
  • You can withdraw money from any ATM without commission (up to 10 times a month).
  • If you are traveling, you can withdraw money from any international ATM without commission (up to £200 / 220€) and you can also pay in foreign currency without commission (up to £500 / 550€ per month).
  • If you lose it you can block the card instantly from the mobile app.
  • The card is free, you don't pay anything for registration or maintenance and they don't charge commissions for making payments with it.

Steps to link your card to the Curve card, and then add it to Google Pay.
  1. Follow the steps to open a free account on curve here.
  2. Now to add it to Google Pay, open Google Pay on the watch.
  3. Tap "Add card" and the setup will continue on the phone.
  4. Tap on the card already set up on the phone, or "Add a new card" if it had not yet been set up on the phone.
  5. Click "Enter details manually" to enter your card number, CVC and validity date.
  6. Enter your billing address and phone number, then press "Save".
  7. Read and accept the "Issuer Terms and Conditions".
  8. Finally, you will have to choose a verification system for the bank to verify your identity. By default the SMS option is checked, so make sure your number is correct and continue. When you receive the message, enter the code and that's it, you will have the card configured in the watch.
Note: When paying for a purchase, if Contactless payment asks you for a PIN, always enter the one you have with the bank card, not the unlock code of the watch.

How to use Google Pay in unsupported countries such as Iceland, Slovenia, Mexico, Israel or Turkey.

gpay.png

Users in many countries are unable to use Google Pay because they do not yet have official support for Google Pay. Although there is a workaround for this, basically it is to bypass Google's verification of the country you are in based on the IP address which causes Google Pay app to be deleted in seconds if used in an unsupported country. Therefore, to avoid this you need an IP address of a supported country, for this you use a proxy or a VPN, so you can pay in any country where the merchant has Contactless payment. For a much more extensive info and considerations about the trick enter here, basically the steps to follow are as follows:

1. Download the app Permanent Proxy from this link and install it on the watch. The app is designed for Wear OS devices and allows anyone to use Google Pay in regions where it is normally blocked.
  2. Go to Settings > system > About and tap "Build number" multiple times until you see a message that says "you are now a developer". Next go to Settings > developer options and enable "ADB debugging" and "Debug over bluetooth".
  3. Run Permanent Proxy app, it will ask for permissions, accept "always allow".
  4. Now create a personal proxy service that is reliable and avoid changing the IP address frequently, for example in Google Cloud.
  5. Enter the IP address and port of the proxy you created, and enable it. Now download from the Play Store, Google Pay (if it doesn't do it automatically) and you're done.
Permanent-proxy.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Best Weather App I've found for the watch - Yr. Yr is a weather service jointly produced by NRK and the Norwegian Meteorological Institute. Looks fantastic on the watch.

Thanks for the recommendation of weather app, I just installed it, it looks very cool, I upload it with your permission to the first post. It is the FIRST contribution since I generated the thread (also some small contribution some time ago from user @bobybc, which I appreciate). THIS IS NOT A BLOG, it should be something collaborative, I at least already got bored of writing alone, we all have some favorite app we could recommend, or know some trick to fix a bug like Ok Google or not losing GPS signal, or you could clarify something where I'm wrong because I don't have the absolute truth. However small you think the contribution is, it can be very useful to many.
    New update for the Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS. This update is based on Wear OS H-MR2 and has firmware version PMRB.210407.001. Wear OS H-MR2 is currently being implemented only on the TicWatch Pro 3 GPS model. The LTE variant is scheduled to receive it sometime in May or June.

The update will be delivered to the TicWatch Pro 3 GPS in a staggered manner, that is:

• 2021/04/19: 10%
    • 2021/04/20: 30%
    • 2021/04/23: 50%
    • 2021/04/24: 100%

Therefore the update should arrive to all watches before April 24l.

Anyone who is not clear on how to update the firmware, or even force the update read the explanation in the first post of this thread.

TicWatch Pro 3 Wear OS H-MR2 update changelog:

New features:.
    • Option to disable on power button (on long press) to activate Google Assistant.
    • New screen brightness layout.
    • New tile for weather app.
    • New theater mode.
    • Support regular enter and exit the essential mode.

Improvements:
    • Optimized the media volume and the ringtone volume bar’s display to match the actual volume.
    • Optimized the order of apps in Mobvoi launcher.
    • Optimized sliding smoothness in Mobvoi launcher.
    • Optimized the detection accuracy of removing the wristband from the wrist.
    • Improved the performance of Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 4100 platforms.
    • Moved the "OK Google" switch from the watch settings menu to the Google Assistant settings.
    • Optimized the shutdown charging animation
    • Security patch updated to 05-03-2021.

Bugs fixed:
    • Fixed an issue that Auto-DND mode sometimes does not activate.
    • Fixed an issue where the screen might not lock during charging.
    • Fixed an issue where the Phone app could disappear in Mobvoi launcher when paired with an Android phone.
    • Fixed other discovered bugs.
    Have you tried to use the alarm in essential mode? Because currently if you use it, when the alarm rings you can't disconnect because the alarm screen doesn't show...so you need to open the alarm app in order to disconnect it.
    This is the word thing because it forces me to don't use essential mode during the nights.
    Other question, Anybody knows were can I buy an USB cable with 4 pins to connect with the watch via ADB?
    I'm looking through the web but I didn't found anything

I join your request, I have been looking for a data cable for the watch for a long time, in the Ticwatch Pro 2020 comes with a USB cable that charges and transfers data, I don't know if it will be compatible with this watch.

No, for now you can't root it and therefore there is no custom ROM for this watch. The bloatware can be uninstalled (you don't need root) although I recommend you disable them instead of uninstalling. The explanation in the first post.
    i have a ticwatch pro 3 gps running PYDA.200427.080.MBR.210114.001 and i dont see the speaker drain option in the lower button long press menu, i only see essential mode, reboot, power off and personalize button. Am i missing something?

Does TicExercise app work correctly on your ticwatch? Drain option is part of that app.
    Mine updated last night by itself; but I can't find where the auto-essential mode is?
    It is in the Essential app
    Hi, I use and enjoy a Ticwatch Pro 3 watch, and before I had a TicWatch Pro 2020. During this time I have been learning tips for this watch, and some others I knew from when I was playing around with smartphones and I have moved them to the Wear OS world.

I want to share these tricks and hacks that I know that enhance the experience in this watch, in the same way, I invite you to post:

• That trick they know, and a novice at this is completely unaware.
    • That super useful application, and that is not the usual one.
    • That hidden function, and that you discovered by chance.
    • That bug still not fixed with a firmware, and you solve it somehow.

I think it will be interesting for the community, so we will all take advantage of the collective knowledge. I will be compiling the most interesting tips in the initial post, of course mentioning the source.

Well, I'll start ...

divider-2461548-960-720.png

Transfer files to / from internal storage

At least with the TicWatch Pro 3, you can only stream music to the watch (to listen to it offline) wirelessly and there is no official way to do it. It is strange considering that it has 8 GB of internal storage. As a curiosity to say that the charging cable of the Ticwatch Pro 2020 also serves to transmit files as if it were a common USB cable.

How to do it? It is possible to remotely access the watch from your computer or from your smartphone wirelessly, in this case using the FTP protocol. You can copy the files that you have saved in the internal storage of the watch to the computer, or send files from the computer to the watch, such as music, videos, texts, etc. The only requirement is that both devices are connected to the same Wi-fi network.

To do this you have to follow the following steps:

1. Download from the Play Store and install the NavExplorer application on the watch.

2. Open the application (1st picture) and go to the top menu, click on the Wi-Fi icon (2nd picture).

3. It shows you an address with the structure: ftp://watch_ip:2122/. This activates FTP server.

4a. If you want to access from the computer to the folders of the watch, open the Windows explorer, and in the upper part of the window, in the folder path write the address of point 3.

4b. If you want to access from smartphone use an advanced file manager, for example Solid Explorer. Open the application, select Storage manager > '+' > FTP, and follow the instructions, basically put IP address and the port number, which is 2122.

Nav-Explorer1.png
    Nav-Explorer2-en.png

Using an alternative keyboard

One of the most uncomfortable functions in the smartwatch is Having to use the keyboard on a 1.4 inch screen. You rarely need to write something from the watch, at least I do, but sometimes it happens, like when an app asks to log in with a username and password. Typing from the watch's built-in keyboard is tormenting. Smartwatches are not designed to answer messages, although of course it is possible.

To solve this problem there are applications like AOSP WIFI Keyboard that allows you to link the keyboard of your Computer to the watch by using the local Wi-Fi network, so that the computer keyboard can be used to type on the watch. The only requirement is that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network .

To link the keyboard and start using this typing option, follow these steps:

1. Download the application here and install it on the watch. The application is in the Play Store, but since it is not an application optimized for WearOS, you will not find it from the watch's Play Store search engine.

2. Once installed go to Settings > Personalization > Input methods > Manage keyboards , and activate the option AOSP Wifi Keyboard.

3. Now when you want to use Wifi Keyboard, press and hold the keyboard icon in any text input field and select AOSP Wi-Fi Keyboard.

4. Open your computer's browser, and type 'http://watch_ip:7777', for example, http://192.168.1.92:7777. A web page will open from which to write, and each time you press ENTER the text will be transmitted to the watch.

Note 1: If you don't know how to install apk files like the one in point 1, go to section 'Install applications from a computer (ADB commands)'.​

Note 2: The smartwatch IP is obtained in the Wi-Fi settings. Pressing on your Wifi network.​

Note 3: To go back to the previous keyboard, just do step 3.​

keyboard-EN.png

teclado4.png

Prepare watch for advanced functions

What you are doing with the following steps is enabling the watch to receive instructions via ADB. The ADB stands for Android Debug Bridge. As its name suggests, it is a tool through which the command console of our computer will act as a bridge between it and the phone. Thanks to it, we can send commands to the phone, such as install applications, take screenshots, etc.

1. On your computer, download and install the ADB tools, such as 15 seconds ADB Installer.

2. On the watch, go to Settings > system > About and repeatedly tap ' Build number ' until You see a message that says 'You are now a developer'. Then go to Settings > developer options and enable 'ADB debugging' and 'Debugging over Wi-Fi '.
    developer-EN.png

App installation methods on Wear OS.

Currently in Wear OS there are three methods for installing apps on the watch, of which the second method will be blocked by Google as of March 10, 2021, although there is already a workaround for this:

1. The first method is the obvious one, that is, through the Play Store of the watch, you search for the app you are interested in, install it and that's it. In the watch's search engine only apps optimized for Wear OS will appear, the same as if you search on your phone, apps exclusively for Wear OS will not appear.

2. The second method is installing the apps from the phone, using an app called "Wear Installer" which will act as a bridge between the phone and the watch. This application filters the applications installed on the phone (or simply downloaded to the internal memory) that contain the app optimized for Wear OS. When you choose to install, it sends it over Wi-Fi and installs the Wear OS-specific module that is contained within the phone app. In the section "Install apps from the phone (Wear Installer)" I explain how to install it.

3. The third method, is installing the apps from a computer and through ADB commands, I explain this method in the section "Install apps from a computer (ADB commands)". To facilitate the matter you can use this application All in One for Windows that automates the process, in the section "All-in-One tool for Windows, Wear OS Tools" I explain in more detail.

Apps-on-our-phone.png

2nd Method. Install apps from the phone (Wear Installer).

This method should be used when you want to install from the phone applications that are not hosted on the Play Store, however these apps must be optimized for Wear OS. The steps for installing and using Wear Installer are as follows:

1. On the phone, download Wear installer here and install.

2. On the watch, open Play Store and click on the "Apps on your phone" option.

3. There you should see the "Wear installer" app. Finally install it.

4. On the watch enable debugging, to do this go to Settings > system > About and tap several times "Build number" until you see a message that says "you are now a developer". Next go to Settings > developer options and enable "ADB debugging" and "Debugging over Wi-Fi".

5. On the phone open "Wear installer" app and press OK. You will see 2 tabs, the first one is the list of all the apps installed on your phone, and the second tab is the list of the apps you have downloaded to the phone (apk files) and found in the "Download" folder.

6. Select the app you want to install on the watch, it must have the Wear OS apk inside for it to be installed. Accept the debugging on the watch and Wear Installer will extract the component, send it and install it on the watch.

Wear-installer-EN.png

3rd Method. Install applications from a computer (ADB commands)

This method should be used when you want to install from your computer applications that are not hosted on the Play Store. With this method you could install any android application whether it is optimized for Wear OS or not. The steps for Windows environment are as follows:

1. If you have not done so yet, follow the steps in 'Prepare watch for advanced functions '.

2. On your computer, open a command window, to do this in Windows type 'cmd' in the toolbar.

3. Then enter the following command to connect to the watch. Then accept a message on the clock that allows the computer to connect.
    Code:
    adb connect watch_ip:5555

4. Now, it is the step to send the apk application to the watch in the first command and install it in the second. Make sure to enter the path correctly in the following commands.
    Code:
    adb push filename.apk /sdcard/

adb -e install filename.apk

Interesting apps outside Play Store.

Now that you know the different methods for installing apps I'm going to recommend several apps that are outside the Play Store servers, and explain which is the proper method to install them:

Fit Strength Training: (Installation method 2)

Application that restores the strength training functionality (weight machines, dumbbell exercises...) that was removed from Google Fit for Wear OS in November 2020. This functionality very accurately detected repetitions and automatically recognized the exercise you were performing based on the repetitive motion you were performing. It was also possible to time the rest times between sets. Now the new Google Fit, for strength training, is only limited to track heart rate and cardio points, also showing on screen the time and the stopwatch. More info about this.​

strenght-training.png

Wear GPS Fix: (installation method 2).​

There is a known bug from Google (not yet resolved) where when you start a training activity on the watch that requires GPS (e.g. running or walking) and at that time you are connected via bluetooth to the phone (you should note that the watch already had acquired GPS positioning from the phone at that time). If that happens the watch will not acquire the GPS position independently and the run will not be tracked. Normally to avoid this error what you do is to turn off the bluetooth of the phone every time you want to run a workout with the watch, but it is uncomfortable to do that. The app fixes this bug. What it does is that it gets a correction independent of the GPS positioning on the watch. While waiting for a GPS correction, the app shows you the satellite status in real time so you can see how many satellites have been found and how many are used in the correction. Once the correction is acquired, Wear GPS Fix immediately opens your preferred workout app (Google Fit, Runtastic, Strava...), transfers the GPS correction to the app and you are ready to start your workout and you can get accurate GPS tracking.​

At the moment, Wear GPS Fix works with the following sports apps and map apps: Google Fit, Ghostracer, Google Maps, Myzone, Nike Run Club, Runtastic (Adidas Running), Sporty Go, Strava, TicExercise, Viewranger.​

Wear-GPS-Fix.png

Wear BT Monitor: (installation method 2)

App that alerts you if the Bluetooth connection is broken between your Android phone and WearOS device (e.g. your phone goes out of BT range of your watch). This replaces the stock option that alerts you when the phone and watch lose their BT connection as it is not working. The app is managed from the phone, from there you can customize the vibration pattern that will sound when the bluetooth connection is lost so you recognize it when you feel it. From the watch you can activate, or deactivate when you think it is necessary. To test it, simply turn on airplane mode on your phone; your watch should vibrate in the custom pattern you have chosen.​

Wear-BT-Monitor1.png
    _
    Wear-BT-Monitor2.png

Alti-Barometer: (installation method 2 and 3)

Application that collects every 5 minutes the atmospheric pressure and altitude in real time. It also shows a graph of the atmospheric pressure and altitude of the last 6 hours and notifies in case of possible storm in the place where you are according to the acquired meteorological data.​

Alti-barometer.png

AOSP WIFI Keyboard: (installation method 3)

Application with which you can write on the watch from the computer, I explain in detail in the section "Using an alternative keyboard" of first post. This app was not created for Wear OS, but it is fully functional.​

Spotify Lite MOD: (installation method 3)

Spotify Lite is a reduced version of the official application in terms of size and features, however it is only intended for android phones. This version is modified and adapted to small screens such as watches with Wear OS and also, unlike the official version of Spotify for Wear OS, you can play music without depending on having the official app on the phone. It is not a player to listen to music that you have inside the watch, only to listen to streaming music.​

Download here. The latest published version is based on Spotify Lite v1.5.84.89.​

How to install them on the watch:

• The applications that are indicated to be installed ONLY with the second method of the three methods currently available is because the specific component for Wear OS is inside the specific application for the phone, it is explained how to install from that method in the section "Install applications from the phone (Wear Installer) of first post, for now you can also install from the official way of the 2nd method.

1. From the phone, click and download from the links of each app (only those that are for the 2nd method), and install.
      2. On the watch, open Play Store, and click on the "Apps on your phone" option.
      3. There you should see the app you installed on the phone. Finally you install it and that's it

It is not useful to install these applications from third method because if you do it, the version for the phone will be installed on the watch.

• The applications that are indicated to be installed ONLY with the third method are those that are NOT optimized for Wear OS because they were created for phones, but work without problems on the watch. It is explained how to install from that method in the section "Install apps from a computer (ADB commands)" of first post.

• The apps noted that can be installed interchangeably with the second or third method are those that are optimized for Wear OS.

Why are they not on the Play Store?

Because Google does not approve this kind of apps, for example, Wear GPS Fix and Wear BT Monitor fix bugs that have not been fixed officially, and Fit Strenght trainig recovers a function that google removed (I still don't know why).

Watch Faces from the Play Store that I like

When it comes to customizing your watch the watch face you display on the screen is of utmost importance. It should fit your personal style, display the information most important to you and look good. Personally I like watch faces that have a clean, minimalist style and are easy to use, and at the same time are functional and I can customize them with the complications I use the most. There are many in the Play Store these are the ones I like the most and that more than meet the conditions outlined above, and all are free.

Note: Complications are the non-interactive widgets that are implemented inside the watch faces, for example, a distance traveled indicator is a complication.

Looks Watch Faces (Download here).​
    It is a collection of 9 types of watch faces for different tastes and daily needs. You can fully customize the complications. Personally I like the Portions and Quoti models the most.​
    looks.png

Moods Watch Faces (Download here).​
    Another collection of watch faces from the same developer that Looks for different styles and same level of customization.​
    moods.png

A/D Watchfaces (Download here)​
    It is characterized by combining an analog watch with a digital watch. It supports up to four complications, You can configure the font and colors, also has several numerical designs.​
    AD-Watchface.png

Pixel Watch face - Minimal pixel style watch face (Download here)​
    Minimalist design, optimized for the greatest possible energy savings.​
    pixel-watch-face.png

How to install Watch Faces on the watch:

From the watch
    :

1. Open Play Store, search for the watch face and press install.​
    2. Press and hold the current watch face and swipe to the right until you see "add more watch faces".​
    3. Select the new watch face and customize it​

From the phone:

1. Make sure the phone is connected to the watch.​
    2. Open Play Store on the phone, search for the watch face and press install.​
    3. In a few seconds the watch face will appear on the watch, and finally customized​

All-in-One tool for Windows, Wear OS Tools

I made a little program with tools for Wear OS, well, actually it is a simple batch that I coded and then converted to an executable file, I had not write code for MS-DOS for 25 years, I still remembered something. I think it can be useful for everyone.

What does it do?

It is an All-in-One tool for Windows and that makes it easy to do certain things with the watch, some of which I have told in the first post, such as:

- Send files as mp3 to the watch, or download files contained in the watch.
    - Install applications
    - Use the computer keyboard to write on the watch.
    - Change the size of the screen
    - Take screenshots of the watch screen, and send it directly to the computer.

Requirements

- Windows O.S
    - Have ADB drivers installed. Here is link to download.
    - Connect the watch and the phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
    - Activate in the watch the debugging through Wifi. Follow the steps in the section "Prepare clock for advanced functions" in the first post.

Where to download?

Evidently it is only for Windows. It is a first version, so I suppose there will be something to polish, let me know.

Another thing, I have passed it through VirusTotal and it has given me false positive in some of the 60 antivirus that happens, fortunately of the unknown ones, I do not know why this happens. I was reading about it, I think it is because of the type of compression that is done when passing from bat to exe and some rare antivirus detects it as a trojan.

Wear-OS-Tools1-en.png

Wear-OS-Tools2-en.png

Pairing watch with another smartphone / Tablet without factory reset.

If you've ever wanted to pair your watch with a new smartphone or tablet, or simply upgraded your phone to a new Custom ROM, you've probably noticed that Google doesn't make it easy to pair again. The official Wear OS way requires unpairing the watch from the WearOS App and then resetting it to factory settings (which means deleting all data and apps installed on the watch), and from there* you can see the new device to pair (more info on this, here), however, there is a simple way to avoid resetting the watch to zero settings.

1. If you have not already done so, follow the steps in the section "Prepare watch for advanced functions".

2. On the computer, open a command window, for this in Windows type "cmd" in the taskbar.

3. Then enter the following command to connect to the clock. Accept then a message on the clock that allows the computer to connect. The watch IP is obtained in the Wi-Fi settings. Click on your Wi-Fi network.
    Code:
    adb connect IP_of_watch:5555

4. Now, enter this command to clear data from Google services. On reboot it will automatically re-sync your personal data with the servers, the only thing I have detected that you have to configure manually is Google Pay (I guess for security issues), but come on, it's a 1 minute process.
    Code:
    adb shell pm clear com.google.android.gms && reboot

5. Once rebooted, connect the phone again with the first command and enter the second command where the Bluetooth of the watch is requested to be discoverable, the phone can then find the watch and pair it.
    Code:

adb shell am start -a android.bluetooth.adapter.action.REQUEST_DISCOVERABLE

Easter egg in Wear OS

There is a hidden Google app, an Easter egg, inside Wear OS, it has been named "Wear OS drum machine". To get to the easter egg you have to do the following:

1. Open the flashlight app, and turn flashlight off.

2. Tap twice quickly in the center of the screen, and on the second tap and hold the screen. Instead of lighting up with white, the screen should now show a few seconds of different flashing colors (if you lift your finger it won't work) and a circle grid will appear next, which is a music sequencer.

A grid of dots is displayed allowing marking with bass drum, snare, bell and cymbal hits, just mark the different hits in the sequence to create complete drum rhythms. It should be noted that the beat is fixed at 135 BPM and cannot be changed.

• Bass Drum: blue circles
    • Snare drum: turquoise circles
    • Bell: purple circles
    • Cymbals: Red circles

huevo-de-pascua.jpg

How you could troubleshoot boot problems. Bootloader Mode and Recovery Mode.

In addition to the normal boot, there are two other system boot modes. Bootloader or Fastboot mode and Recovery mode. Both modes can be entered through combinations of the physical buttons or by using adb commands. Knowing these boot methods can save you from a tricky situation where, for example, the screen is unresponsive or the watch is locked.

Bootloader mode can be entered by simultaneously holding down the 2 buttons until you feel a vibration, about 8 seconds and it will reboot into that mode, I don't know what the procedure is with 1 or 3 button watches. Recovery mode can be entered from the options offered in Bootloader mode.

You can also enter these 2 modes from a command line by typing "adb reboot bootloader" or "adb reboot recovery". Follow only the first 4 steps to enter these modes in the section below where I explain how to unlock the bootloader.

Modo-Bootloader.png
    -
    Modo-recovery.png

What is the Bootloader.

The Bootloader is like the BIOS on a PC computer. It is the first thing that is executed when the clock starts, from there the instructions to boot the kernel of the operating system are launched. The manufacturer, in this case, of the watch, usually keeps this bootloader locked as a security measure, and it is basically to make sure that only the version of the operating system that he has created can be booted.

However, many watches (and Android devices) can be unlocked so that custom firmwares can be installed or the device can be rooted. For now, this is not the case for the Ticwach Pro 3 as no effective way to root it has yet been discovered and no custom ROM has been created; however, on the Ticwatch Pro there is a lot more movement, and in fact there is a thread in forum where they explain how to flash an interesting custom ROM and root the watch, basically flashing from bootloader mode through the command line with ADB instructions. During the half year that I used this model I had flashed this ROM, it was clearly perceived a greater fluidity and a significant improvement in battery life. I recommend it for those who have enough knowledge to do it, I must say that if you unlock the bootloader, except in rare cases, you lose the warranty, as this is a deep modification in the software. In fact, some android devices (I guess Wear OS watches too) have security mechanisms so that, even if we close the bootloader again, there is a record that this was previously opened, and with this data would be enough to not provide warranty. On the other hand, when you unlock the bootloader, it resets the watch to factory state (factory reset) so your personal settings and apps that you had installed will be deleted, since important changes are made in the way the watch manages the boot.

In short, if you want to customize your watch as much as possible, unlocking the bootloader is a good option. On the contrary, if you want to use the original firmware and not take risks, it is better to leave it locked, to make sure that there is nothing "strange" at the level of deep system modifications. I reiterate that with the Ticwatch Pro 3 little you can do (for now) with the bootloader unlocked, in other watches for sure this is more advanced.

How to unlock the bootloader

1. If you haven't done it yet, follow the steps in the "Prepare watch for advanced features" section of the first post.

2. On the computer, open a command window, for this in Windows type "cmd" in the start bar.

3. Then enter the following command to connect to the clock. Accept then a message on the clock that allows the computer to connect.
      Code:
    4. Now, it is the step to reboot the clock in bootloader mode.
      Code:
      adb reboot bootloader

5. Run any of the following commands (whichever works) to unlock the bootloader on your Wear OS watch.
      Code:
      fastboot oem unlock

OR

fastboot flashing unlock

6. Press the top button on the watch to accept the bootloader unlock request, the watch will be formatted and rebooted back into bootloader mode. On the bottom line on the bootloader screen you should read "unlocked:yes" . Now you can reboot your watch in normal boot using the following command:
      Code:
      adb reboot

What can you do in Bootloader Mode?

Besides unlocking the bootloader, to root the watch and/or flash another ROM, from this mode you can choose several options. You scroll with the lower button and choose with the upper button.
    • Recovery Mode - Logically enter recovery mode.
    • Boot to FFBM - Factory Boot Mode. Resets the watch to factory settings although I didn't notice any difference compared to a normal boot on the Ticwatch pro 3.
    • Enter Ship Mode - This is a low power state that prolongs battery life and protects the battery when there are extended periods of non-use. It appears to be used by the manufacturer in the stage prior to sale and shipment to the end user. You exit this state by pressing and holding the top button.
    Also at the bottom of the screen it shows key watch information such as the bootloader lock status or the serial number of the watch. Also, from bootloader mode you can use ADB commands like "fastboot format userdata" to do a factory reset, or "fastboot format cache" to clear the clock cache.

What is and what can you do in Recovery mode?

Recovery mode is exactly what its name suggests, recovering the system in case of problems. Actually it is similar to Download mode, however the goal of Recovery mode is to fix problems with the system, Download mode is more focused on changing the system completely by flashing another ROM for example.

Recovery mode is entered from Download mode, once you have rebooted you will see an exclamation mark on the screen, press and hold the top button while swiping the screen with your finger from bottom to top. You will then see the Recovery mode with several options, you scroll the same as in Download mode, in this case it is also enabled touch scrolling. From the options I highlight "Wipe data/Factory Reset" and "Wipe cache partition" to remove personal settings and leave the watch as factory default, techniques that can solve some problems with the watch.

Functionality of Ticwatch Pro 3 buttons.

Buttons.png

Wear OS devices predominantly use the touch screen for interaction, but physical buttons can also be used. Below I list the default functions of the Ticwatch Pro 3 buttons.

From normal mode:

- Top button short press (from essential screen): Activates AMOLED screen.​
    - Top button short press (from AMOLED screen): Opens app drawer.​
    - Top button long press: Activates Google Assistant.​
    - Top button double press: Increases screen brightness to maximum.​
    - Bottom button short press: Activates the application of your choice.​
    - Bottom button long press: Activates menu with different functions, such as speaker drain water, switch to essential mode and reboot/shutdown.​
    - Bottom button double press: Activates Google Pay (in countries that support it).​
    - Top button and Bottom button (simultaneous) long press: Take screenshot.​
    - Top button and Bottom button (simultaneous) long press (+ than 8 seconds): Reset in Bootloader mode.​

From Essential mode (low power mode):

- Top button short press: Turn on/off display backlight.​
    - Top button long press: Reset watch.​
    - Bottom button short press: Measures heart rate.​

Also with the help of a third party app, Button Launcher, you can increase the functionality of these buttons, and you can program them to activate the apps or functions you want depending on the combinations of short presses and long presses you make.

For watches with 1 button, only two actions can be programmed:​
    - long press
    - long press (2 times)
    For watches with at least 2 buttons, up to eight actions are allowed to be programmed:​
    - Top button long press: You could replace the default (Google Assistant).​
    - Top button long press (2 times).​
    - Top button long press + Bottom button short press.​
    - Top button long press + Bottom button long press
    - Bottom button short press
    - Bottom button short press (2 times)
    - Bottom button short press + top button long press
    - Bottom button short press + Bottom button long press
    Note: In order for you to configure combinations starting with the bottom button, you must select "Button Launcher" under Setting > Customization > Customize Hardware Buttons.​

Measures to extend the battery life of watch

If you don't need...

• Adaptive brightness (auto brightness), you can turn it off in Settings > Display > adjust brightness, and adjust the brightness to an intermediate level. Remember, the brighter the screen, the more battery is used.

• "Tilt-to-Wake", you can disable it in Settings > Gestures, also from the Wear OS app of the phone. With this feature enabled when a notification arrives the screen lights up when you lift your wrist, if you disable this feature the notification will still arrive but will not be displayed on the screen until you turn it on with the button.

• "always-on Screen", you can disable it in Settings > Display, also from the app Wear OS of the phone. By disabling this option the screen turns off when not in use, also in Ticwatch this feature is less necessary than in any other watch as it replaces the screen is completely off by a screen in essential mode so it would always show the time.

• "OK Google Detection", you can disable the option in Settings > Personalization. The Google Assistant can also be activated by pressing and holding the top button, or by sliding the watch face to the left.

• Wi-Fi connection, you can disable it in Settings > Connectivity > Wi-Fi. In this way you avoid that it is constantly looking for connection when you are not at home, or away from any Wi-Fi network you use, however Wear OS automates this issue, and disables it automatically if it is not necessary, for example, when it is connected by bluetooth to the phone disables the Wi-Fi connection.

• Notifications (or certain notifications) that appear on the watch, you can configure the notifications you do not need in the phone app "Wear OS by Google", in the option notifications. By default the watch constantly synchronizes all emails, messages and reminders, you can thus disable the notifications that you do not need to be notified by your watch.

• Background heart rate monitor (from Google Fit), you can disable it in the settings of Google Fit. If you do not have any cardiac pathology there is no reason to be measuring your pulse all day if you are not doing some kind of sport.

• Watch face with bright colors, animations or with various interactive capabilities, try another watch face. I recommend for low resource consumption Pixel Watch face.

battery5.png

In Mobvoi apps if you don't need to have activated...
    • 24 hour Tracking (heart rate monitor): Same opinion as the Google Fit monitor. You can disable it in the settings of TicPulse.

• 24 hour automatic background monitoring (blood oxygen monitor): It makes oxygen saturation measurements every hour, in normal health conditions continuous monitoring is not necessary. There are leaks that in upcoming updates of Google Fit will implement a SpO2 monitor, for now there is no alternative. You can disable it in the settings of TicOxygen.

• 24 hour stress monitoring: Check stress level every half hour. You can deactivate it in the settings of TicZen.

• Automatic sport detection (TicMotion): Detects the activity you do according to the type of continuous movement you do for a few minutes. If you don't see it useful or you prefer to manually select the sport you are going to practice it can be disabled in the settings of TicExercise.

mobvoi-en5.png

Other meassures:
    • TicSleep: The application requires to have the heart rate monitor and the blood oxygen monitor activated to monitor while you sleep. From the app, in the settings you can customize the non-monitoring times for heart rate and blood oxygen, for example so that it only monitors at your usual sleep time.

• Do track in the "Wear OS by Google" phone app which apps are consuming the most battery. You see it in Advanced Settings > Watch Battery. It also gives you information on the estimated battery life remaining and a graph showing how it has been draining.

• Disabling Mobvoi's preinstalled apps, personally I don't use any of their health and fitness apps, I find more reliable for now, Google Fit (even though I have to do without SpO2 measurement). Disabling the apps I make sure they are not running in the background, another time I will expand information about this.

These are several measures that can help, however, there are no miracles, and if now it lasts 1 or 2 days at most and applying all the measures you will gain maybe 1 day more, it is not a super improvement if in return you have limited many of the functions that the watch can offer you. My advice would be a middle ground and that you will disable what you need the least, or that will interfere the least in your daily use of the watch.

Also you have to take into account the use that you give to the watch, if you daily monitor your workouts that you do, like running, walking, elliptical, etc, 1 hour for example, the battery will last much less than if you only use it to receive notifications. The old Nokia phone battery lasted several weeks, with the advent of smartphones you were forced to recharge the phone almost every day, hopefully every 2 or 3 days, because with the smartwatch is happening the same thing, we must be aware that the smartwatch consumes a lot of battery, and are not old casio that lasted you the watch battery years.

Mobvoi applications. Disable the Watch's Bloatware.

The Ticwatch watches, and specifically the Ticwatch Pro 3 has preinstalled several health & fitness apps with which you can monitor your sports workouts and sleep cycles, as well as other apps to measure your stress level and ambient noise level. Also preinstalled on the watch are several watchfaces created by Mobvoi and other applications such as calculator, voice notes and an alternative to the Wear OS launcher. All of these apps are from Mobvoi.

To put this post in context, I give my opinion about Mobvoi apps:
    • TicExercise in each update is improving but today I personally miscounts the distances in the workouts I do. In this case I use Google Fit and Runtastic although they are not perfect either, they lack for example to monitor blood oxygen (it seems that in future updates of Wear OS they will implement it in Google Fit) and of course a much more complete statistics.

• TicSleep, TicZen/TicBreathe and TicHearing, I do not use them either, in my case I do not need to monitor my sleep cycle, nor the level of stress I have, nor the level of ambient noise.

• TicHealth, TicPulse, TicOxygen, for what has been said in the two previous points are not necessary for me.

• The Mobvoi preinstalled watchfaces I don't like any of them.

• Calculator, voice memo and launcher are perhaps the only things I use from Mobvoi.

Those who regularly use apps to monitor their sports workouts with the phone already have a favorite (such as Strava, Runtastic, Google Fit and a few others). Many of us have used them with the phone and in the servers of these apps we have our history of records, so many of us want to use these apps on the watch, and here comes the question, why do you want all that "bloat" of Mobvoi if you do not use it, which in many cases is working in the background and consuming battery without giving any use.

To remedy this you can disable Mobvoi apps that you don't need. In the Ticwatch Pro 3 are preinstalled all you see in the list below. There are 20 packages. They can be disabled in 2 ways, via ADB commands, or through the watch settings. In the table, the 1st column is how the application is identified when you use ADB commands, and the 2nd column is how it is identified from the watch settings.

table.png

Disable from watch Settings (note the considerations below).

Go to settings > Apps & Notifications > App Info > System Apps. From there you can disable (and enable again) all the mobvoi apps I show in the box (second column), except com.mobvoi.wear.mcuservice.aw and TicSystem. These if you want to disable them will have to be through ADB commands.

Disable through ADB commands (note the considerations below)

1. If you have not already done so, follow the steps in the "Prepare watch for advanced functions" section of the first post.

2. On the computer, open a command window, for this in Windows type "cmd" in the start bar.

3. Then enter the following command to connect to watch. It then accepts a message on watch that allows the computer to connect.
      Code:
    4. Now, it is the step to check which Mobvoi applications are installed. The -e parameter (will filter enabled applications) can be replaced by the -d parameter (disabled applications):
      Code:
      adb shell pm list packages -e mobvoi | sort

5. To disable Mobvoi applications one by one (it does not uninstall), you can use the following command:
      Code:
      adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 <package_name>

Example:

adb shell pm disable-user --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.fitness.aw

6. If you would like to re-enable movboi apps, use the following commands:
      Code:
      adb shell pm list packages -d mobvoi | sort

adb shell pm enable <package_name>

Considerations:
    • Disabling these apps will not damage the watch in any way. You will simply lose access to the services they provide, which, if you don't need or use them you won't care. You also prevent any personal data or metrics from being collected by Mobvoi.

• I recommend NOT disabling com.mobvoi.wear.mcuservice.aw. If you disable it it will not go into essential mode when restarting the watch. Doing tests I check when I disable this package it enters in essential mode but when I reboot it doesn't, the package was kept in RAM memory.

• If you want to keep the secondary button menu (when you long press), do not disable com.mobvoi.wear.system.aw and com.mobvoi.wear.mcuservice.aw.

• If you also want to keep the water draining function from the right-click menu of the previous item, do not disable com.mobvoi.wear.fitness.aw.

• If you want to keep the animation shown on watch when you charge watch, do not disable com.mobvoi.wear.system.aw. If you disable it, it will charge anyway, it is only aesthetic, you can install as an alternative Wear Charging Widget, it applies a nice animation when you charge the watch.

• If you want to keep TicMotion (Automatic sport detection), don't disable com.mobvoi.wear.health.aw and com.mobvoi.wear.fitness.aw.

• If you disable TicSleep, and you are interested in monitoring your sleep cycles, there is an alternative app that is highly recommended, Sleep as Android.

• If you disable LauncherTic, the default Wear OS launcher will run (you can test this by disabling "Enable other launcher" in Settings > Customization).

• If you disable Watchface, you can install other watch faces from the play Store, I recommend some in the "Watch Faces from the Play Store that I like" section of the first post.

• If you do a factory reset all mobvoi apps will be re-enabled, and I think when you update the firmware as well (I haven't checked yet). However, the disabling process is done in a few minutes.

• On some watches the performance should be considerably improved. I must say that the Ticwatch Pro 3 is a performance monster, and not at all Mobvoi apps affect its performance, maybe other watch models with more limited performance.

• More info on this at this XDA thread.

Interesting apps in the Play Store

After having talked about apps that I use and that are outside the Google circuits, I will highlight other apps that I use regularly and that I find very interesting and which are within the Play Store, and like the previous ones I reviewed, are all free.

Nav Explorer (Download here).​
    It is a very powerful file explorer for Wear OS, it also has root support to navigate through the system folders in case you have a rooted watch. It also allows you to easily transfer files to/from your computer, phone or tablet. The app creates an FTP server and communicates directly through your local WiFi connection, even also through Bluetooth to transfer files easily and quickly. In the section "Transfer files to/from internal storage" I explain in detail how to transfer files with Nav Explorer. The app has in the Play Store the version for phone/tablet that serves as a bridge to the watch either via Wi-Fi or via bluetooth.​
    Nav-Explorer1.png

Button Launcher (Download here)​
    Allows you to customize the use of the watch's physical buttons to choose which apps or functions to launch quickly based on the combination of button presses. The application uses a combination of short presses and long presses to launch applications. A watch with a single button is limited to four different shortcuts, but if the watch has two buttons, you can use up to eight shortcuts.​
    Button-Launcher1.png
    -
    Button-Launcher2.png

Wear Favorite Apps Launcher (Download here).​
    Generate a window with shortcuts to your favorite apps for quick access, you can access from physical buttons, from a dial complication, from cards or in combination with Button Launcher.​
    Wear-Favorite.png

Toggler (Download here).​
    It is an application that generates shortcuts to enter Tilt-to-wake mode, Always-on display mode or a shortcut to quickly turn off the clock. The shortcuts are accessible just like any other app in the app drawer, so you can assign it to the physical buttons with the help of apps like Button Launcher or put it on the watch face as a complication. In my case I use it as a shortcut to have the screen always on when I go running and see the metrics in Google Fit without the screen turning off during the session.​
    Toggler-EN.png

Feel The Wear - Notifications TTS (Download here)​
    The app creates custom vibration patterns for notifications that come to your watch (up to 5 different ones), you can assign them to the phone apps you prefer, this way, you can identify the notification without taking the phone out of your pocket. The app has in the Play Store the version for phone that is from where you configure the notifications you want to customize. You can also customize a vibration pattern that will sound when the bluetooth connection is lost, useful for when you are moving away from the phone, like the app "Wear BT Monitor" discussed in the section "Interesting apps outside Play Store".​
    0wyg57laXWgOgpiHTup0_D0BBAs4gFL1qAqhDUPyPOQQH5cDAhgFsLbXBnhJgbSXkdw=w720-h310
    -
    cCpGU3h15fd_41v2X1PUUqR5BSMlEttpIlIb7uHBsKCMGiicPixfrn0cjstgKDNZjTYA=w720-h310
    -
    BbLF4RYFOOl3ZjEXMUX5zMpvR6NPY7H8hcs9rIHSHU-FmSG1NJW2sXiaUWRt1ATaevQ=w720-h310

MultiTap Wear Keyboard (Download here)​
    Alternative keyboard to the traditional QWERTY, it is the multi-touch keyboard style of the old Nokia. In watches with screens smaller than 2 inches it could be a solution for many if they find the keyboard integrated with the watch uncomfortable.​
    Multitap1.png
    -
    Multitap2.png

MGRS Wear (Download here)​
    Displays your current GPS location. A button at the bottom toggles the displayed location between MGRS, UTM and geographic coordinate systems. Very useful when you are oriented on a map and you need to know your position on the map and you don't have a reference point where you are.​
    MGRS-Wear.png

Fit Companion (Download here).​
    It is a vitaminized Google Fit. Google Fit shows statistics of the activities you do throughout the day but these statistics may not be enough for some users, as they need to get much more comprehensive statistics on their physical activities. The app acts by analyzing the data collected by Google Fit and displays it in a comprehensive way. Some things it can do:​
    • You can create custom fitness goals, these goals can be by activity time, distance or by metrics (steps, active calories, Google Fit heart points and more).
    • You receive alerts in case of sedentary for prolonged periods.
    • It has a phone version where you can see all the statistics.
    • Data is displayed in the form of intervals ranging from one minute to one month.
    • You can combine data from two sources to compare and correlate the impact caused by both.
    • Breaks down heart rate into different heart activity zones.
    • Allows you to view data for up to a year at a time, while allowing you to change the date so you can view activity from any time in the past.
    The app is free, and is fully functional, however there is a paid pro version that extends features such as adding more than 2 custom fitness goals and exporting data to an excel file and being able to analyze it in depth. More info here.​
    fit-companion1.png
    -
    fit-companion2.png

WearMedia (Download here).​
    It is a music player. It is one of the few music players for Wear OS that allows you to play music when you go for a run/walk without the need to also carry your phone as it can Play music contained in the watch's internal storage. The music player also includes an equalizer and supports many formats such as MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, etc. Wearmedia also has in Play Store the version for phone/tablet that serves as a bridge to transfer music to the watch, however for transferring music (or any file) I find it more practical Nav Explorer.​
    Wearmedia1.png
    -
    Wearmedia2.png

Wear Casts (Download here).​
    It is a podcast player that allows you to download, manage and listen to your favorite podcasts directly from your watch without the need for your phone. You can sync podcasts and receive notifications of new podcasts you follow. Wear Casts also has a phone version, but it is only useful for adding podcasts to the watch, however you can add them from the watch itself. Other things you can do:​
    • Automatically downloads new episodes and automatically deletes played episodes.
    • Remembers the last played position for each podcast.
    Wear-Casts1.png
    -
    Wear-Casts2.png

Other well-known apps:

Apps that need no introduction, and also very useful on Wear OS....

- Spotify - Streaming music player.​
    - Adidas Running by Runtastic - sports tracking app.​
    - Strava - Other sports tracking app.​
    - Google Keep - Notes and reminders.​
    - Duolingo - Language learning​

Change the watch resolution

The TicWatch screen is 1.4 inches, there are applications especially those that you install outside the Play Store that are not optimized for Wear OS although they are functional. This implies that elements of the application interface are hidden because the screen is so small. For this there are some adb commands to temporarily modify the screen resolution (DPI) by following the following steps:

1. If you have not done it yet, follow the steps in the section 'Prepare watch for advanced functions '

2. On your computer, open a command window, for this in Windows type 'cmd' in the toolbar.

3. Then enter the following command to connect to the watch. It then accepts a message on the watch that allows the computer to connect.
    Code:
    adb connect watch_ip:5555

4. Now, is the step to change the density of pixels on the screen (DPI), type one of these commands:
    Code:
    adb shell wm density        ---> To display the current screen density

adb shell wm density 180    ---> To apply a custom density, for example 180

adb shell wm density reset  ---> To restore the default density of the watch

Please note that altering its DPI can cause the Google Play Store to incorrectly label the watch as incompatible when downloading apps. This is because developers limit the compatibility of their application based on the DPI value of a device. So if for any reason you get an error, all you have to do is go back to your original DPI and download the app again. Once you have installed the application, you can go back to its custom DPI.

Other useful adb commands

ADB is a tool that allows us to interact with our watch in a more advanced way. It should be clarified that this interaction is done via command line. Usually, these commands are executed from a computer with Windows or Linux; or a Mac with MacOS. ADB commands can be used for many tasks. These include reset watch, manually installing applications, extracting files, etc. In order to execute ADB commands and if you have not already done so, follow the steps in the section "Prepare watch for advanced functions". Here are some examples:

Code:
    adb reboot

adb disconnect

adb shell screencap /sdcard/capture.png  --> Take screenshot

adb shell pm list packages   --> List installed packages

Speaker drain (Only Ticwatch Pro 3)

After swimming or showering, water can get into the speaker (this is the hole on the right side of the watch), and the sound quality may change. Holding down the lower button, a menu is displayed, choose 'speaker draining' and it will play a kind of audio trill that will expel any water that has accumulated in the Speaker.

draining.png

How Wear OS watches are updated.

According to what we read on the official mobvoi forum, a firmware update for the Ticwatch Pro 3 will be released soon. If there is finally one, I assume that only the LTE version will receive it, as the GPS version of the watch recently received it (early February). It also reads that it will receive the H-MR2 update in that upcoming update.

There is quite a bit of confusion with this as to what the latest update is and where to look (system version, Wear OS version or firmware version?), plus it is also confusing how Wear OS watches are updated as it is somewhat different than Android phones.

update1.png
    -
    update2.png
    -
    update3.png

In order to clarify concepts for the future update of the watch, I briefly explain how it is about updates in Wear OS.

Wear OS watches receive improvements through updates that arrive through 2 ways.

Through Play Store, updating "Wear OS by Google" app.

This is the most frequent type of update you will receive on the watch (every few days). These updates usually provide bug fixes, design updates and new features. They are completely controlled by Google, usually done "silently" with no user intervention required for the update to be applied and no reboot required afterwards.
    • What version do you have on your watch? It is checked in Settings > System > About > Versions > Wear OS by Google

• How to update if available? From Play Store and also by tapping on Home App in Settings > System > About > Versions.

Through system updates.

On the other hand, the watch manufacturer applies specific improvements for the device via OTA through full firmwares, in these updates are also implemented large updates from Google (H Wear OS updates) where improvements are applied that from Play Store can not reach, for example security patches. These updates do require a reboot afterwards. Each manufacturer sets the pace of updates, for example, Mobvoi or Fossil update the system more frequently than Asus. Usually with these updates the watch receives important improvements such as in battery life, new functions that require special hardware features and/or security patches.
    • What System version do you have on the watch? It is checked in Settings > System > Info > Versions > System Version

• What about the firmware version? It is checked in Settings > System > About > Build number

• How to update if available? It is updated from Settings > System > About > System Updates

• How to force update if available? Go to the "Force firmware update" section of the first post.

As an example, these are the latest versions as of today for the Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS:
    • Wear OS version: 2.26
    • System Version: H-MR2
    • Firmware Version: PMRB.210407.001

To put in context the pace of updates you can see Version history section of this link, the rate of updates that Wear OS receives, that does not mean that the partners (Mobvoi, Fossil...) apply updates to their watches on the release dates of each Wear OS update, as I said above the partners set their own pace. In the same way, you can see in the link the improvements planned with H-MR2 and others more distant based on Android 11.

Force firmware update (Only Ticwatch Pro 3)

To make sure you have the latest firmware update for your watch, follow these steps:

1. Plug the watch into the charger, and make sure it has at least 60% battery power and is connected to a Wi-Fi network. If there is, the update should start automatically.

2. If it doesn't update, go to settings > System > About > System Updates. When it reports that it is updated, press in the center of the screen for about 5 seconds and after a few seconds it will start updating.
    update.png

Latest Firmware version:

For TicWatch Pro 3 GPS: PMRB.210407.001 (dated April 24, 2021).
    For TicWatch Pro 3 LTE: PYDA.200427.075.MRL201116.001 (dated December 01, 2020 - Initial Release)

Interesting apps in the Play Store

Uploaded info to second post
    Measures to extend the battery life of watch

Uploaded info to first post
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone