• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Had to do it, removed the screen protector...what a difference!

Search This thread

imapfsr

Aug 9, 2005
Victoria, British Columbia
I contemplated removing the factory screen protector for the last month as I hate how my fingers catch the edges, how the dust gathered along the edges as well as how it affects the fingerprint scanner. Well I removed it today and added the liquid screen protector (which with a little commen sense actually worked to protect my screen on my Note 10 Plus for almost a year from any scratches) and this phone is so much nicer. Your fingers glide across the screen and the finger print reader works so much better know then with the protector. The screen also just looks better...clearer, I'm not sure how to describe it but I sure love this phone even more now.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Liquid Glass, it's been around for years. Hydrophobic.
It's nanometers in thickness. Bonds on the molecular level.
It's also a real ***** to remove especially around the edges. Mineral spirits, lots of it and clean clothes. If you go to another system it may not need removal or it could cause adhesion failure.
I'm not very keen on it for this application for a variety of reasons.

Unfortunately the protection 1 coat provides is almost nonexistent. On cars you need minimum 3 coats, 5+ is better with Liquid Glass; it's formulated to be used like this.
5+ coats looks like a layer of clear coat, great for black cars.
The stuff you're using not so sure it can be "layered".

Don't count on this to save the screen from even sand; it's simply not thick enough. It will repel water and make cleaning easier, eventually it wears off of heavily used areas.
No added impact resistance.
Plastic urethane screen protectors don't feel as good but provide excellent scratch/marring protection and even some limited impact protection.

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
I contemplated removing the factory screen protector for the last month as I hate how my fingers catch the edges, how the dust gathered along the edges as well as how it affects the fingerprint scanner. Well I removed it today and added the liquid screen protector (which with a little commen sense actually worked to protect my screen on my Note 10 Plus for almost a year from any scratches) and this phone is so much nicer. Your fingers glide across the screen and the finger print reader works so much better know then with the protector. The screen also just looks better...clearer, I'm not sure how to describe it but I sure love this phone even more now.

Where did you get your phone from because I really don't see a "factory" screen protector? I bought mine paid in full from Samsungs website but I really don't see a factory screen protector on it.

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
Mine was purchased directly from Samsung Canada and it had the factory screen on it...you can tell if you look at the front camera....you can see the circle around the camera.

I looked and quite closely too and I don't see anything around my camera hole.. At least nothing that resembles a screen protector cut-out.. I'm guessing some have them and some don't.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I looked and quite closely too and I don't see anything around my camera hole.. At least nothing that resembles a screen protector cut-out.. I'm guessing some have them and some don't.

Apparently this is the case; some do, some don't.
You can see a small bit of exposed screen all around the edge of the screen protector if it has one.
Lame of Samsung not to include this on some for at least temporarily protection.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008

One4mNoWhere

Oct 10, 2010
Yes I still have the factory one on it, thanks. I did purchase amfilm on Amazon for when factory one wears out. I was tempted to order the Whitestone dome but way too expensive.

pcriz

Aug 23, 2008
Mine came with one, US unlocked.

So yours didn't come with one. We are talking about two different things.

On one hand you have a factory installed edge to edge screen protector with a cut out for the camera.

On the other hand you have a shipping film added to keep the screen from getting scuffed when shifting around in the box.

Last edited:

javad938

Jul 24, 2012
karaj
i use my phone without any protector :))

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Mine came from Samsung Canada with the preinstalled screen protector, but I was unhappy with the responsiveness of the fingerprint sensor, so I peeled it off. What a difference. The fingerprint sensor works instantly and the screen feels much smoother.