Hal9K Android Head Unit - New User, with out a user's Manual

Stephen Australia

Feb 4, 2021
Greetings XDA Forum,

I am writing from Australia. A few days ago, I purchased a 2nd Hand Car.....a VW Multivan. This car has the Hal9K v3.1 Head Unit. (px5 Android Version 8)

The seller showed me some of the features with this Head Unit, when I did the test drive........Before buying the car, the seller said that he will remove his information from the Head Unit.....Upon collecting the car, he informed me that he Reset the Head Unit.....Now all of the wonderful features that he had shown me are gone.....He did not give me a user's manual, (he doesn't have it)......I have been able to discover some videos on Youtube.....but nothing that really shows me how to set up the Head Unit, and customize it to match my car, and my desires.

For example:

• In the Head Unit Set-up, will like to Select the VW and Mulitvan setting, so that when I reverse, it displays a Multivan......I can easily locate the VW symbol, but can't find a Multivan/Transporter option, in the selection of cars in the list....at the moment, the visual shows a normal car. On the Test Drive, the reserve image displayed a Multivan, and the seller made a strong "Selling Point" of the positivity and customizing ability of this Head Unit. I will like to Customize the Head Unit to my specifications.

• The Audio-input (3mm socket) doesn't respond, and there is no audio-in App, but there is an AVIN app (Audio-Visual-input).....so I cannot use my iPod (yes, an iPod...I am Old School).

• I will like to set-up Apple Car Play, so that I can:
  1. use the TomTom navigator app from the iPhone, onto the Head Unit.
  2. make calls from the iphone contact list.
...........but I can't seem to understand how to create the connection between the Android Head Unit, to the iPhone.....Perhaps I need an app that will let the two Operating Systems work together. (iPhone connecting to Android Head Unit)

Prior to discovering this forum, I have been using the head unit. I am connecting the iPhone to the Head Unit, using "Bluetooth" & an internet "Hotspot"...I can receive & make calls, I have my iPhone attached to the windscreen, and I can select a contact from the iPhone, which then appears on the Head Unit as a number, not as the Contact name. I am using my gmail account through the Head Unit for Navigation purposes, which works great......But I wish to Customize it, to operate the TomTom navigator which is already on the iPhone.

I hope that you guys & gals can help.

All advice, suggestions and ideas, are truly appreciated.

Thank you.

Stephen

jbgooner

Apr 4, 2015
You need to look at this section of xda. Find your correct model from the "about" section of of settings, find the operating system installed for that model and follow all the guides.

This section will have all the answers you need

Stephen Australia

Feb 4, 2021
You need to look at this section of xda. Find your correct model from the "about" section of of settings, find the operating system installed for that model and follow all the guides.

This section will have all the answers you need

Thanks for your reply jbgooner......I clicked on the link that you shared, and I couldn't locate the MCU that matches the system in my car. The MCU in my car is: MTCE_HA_V3.30_1

I then completed a search for MTCE_HA_V3.30_1 and received no matches.

I am a complete beginner with these Android Head Units.....it seems that a person does require some computer skills (perhaps in computer programming??) to set up and customise these Head Units for the Make & Model of the Car......I am slowly researching what I can and realise that I have entered an entire new world of technology, that I didn't know existed. It will be pretty cool to understand this technology and use it accordingly.