• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Hammerhead [7.1.1] [Development] Resurrection Remix N v5.8.X OMS

Search This thread

westcrip

Jun 22, 2011
antalya
Hi, I'm having an issue with this rom. If I use the gesture "Power button torch long press" (Settings > Lock screen > Gesture), it only works for a few minutes before turning off automatically. After that, I won't be able to turn the light on no matter what until the device is restarted. Even worse, I can't use the camera app either, it says "Can't connect to the camera". However, it doesn't seem to happen with the normal light switch in notification center. I'm using the latest build (20170225)
Here is no issues . WORKS GREAT . long press and release power button while screen is off . torch will work .do not hold 1 min . than press kindly to turn it off . you should learn how to use it . its not a rom issue . user based problems . system will turn tourch off itself after time out . because its makes device too hot . do not expect 10 mins torch performance . its not a real torch . and your device is almost 4 years old .

Last edited:

karandpr

Senior Moderator | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
Thread cleaned and stay on Topic
I will like to remind all the members , new, senior ,titled or otherwise

2.3 Flaming / Lack of respect: XDA is about sharing and this does not involve virtual yelling (flaming) or rudeness. Flaming or posting with a lack of respect is unacceptable. Treat new members in the manner in which you would like to have been treated when you were a new member. When dealing with any member, provide them with guidance, advice and instructions when you can, showing them respect and courtesy. Never post in a demanding, argumentative, disrespectful or self-righteous manner.

Bluntly put , if you are going to be sarcastic ,demanding or over critical , avoid posting in first place.
Choose your words wisely.

-XDA Staff

Reactions: DiamondJohn

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
Probably a dumb question, but can I flash did rom over a KK rom or so I have to upgrade to MM first?

ok trying to make it short:

a) you should always clean flash upon API changes ( if the rom you gonna flash is based on another android version)

b) you should always put modem and bootloader up to date, they're back-compatible but at times needed for newer android versions

c) due to "A" (clean) your question is answered, you can ALWAYS clean flash ANY rom, older or newer, same or different API, AOSP or LOS based
. just keep "b" in mind when doing so because the bootloader is the only thing that could spoil the party gravely while anything else is easy to fix.

resume, yes you can but clean, no need to install marshmallow first but update the bootloader "at least" better the radios as well. best way
to do that is certainly: fastboot flash bootloader "name of bootloader image" and it's equivalent for the modem.

best was to find bootloader and modem is to either download google factory image and extract it from there or you can find one of the recovery flashable variants on XDA while i prefer the original which is a personal and certainly the safest preference.

CaptainJimo

Apr 15, 2013
steamcommunity.com
ok trying to make it short:

a) you should always clean flash upon API changes ( if the rom you gonna flash is based on another android version)

b) you should always put modem and bootloader up to date, they're back-compatible but at times needed for newer android versions

c) due to "A" (clean) your question is answered, you can ALWAYS clean flash ANY rom, older or newer, same or different API, AOSP or LOS based
. just keep "b" in mind when doing so because the bootloader is the only thing that could spoil the party gravely while anything else is easy to fix.

resume, yes you can but clean, no need to install marshmallow first but update the bootloader "at least" better the radios as well. best way
to do that is certainly: fastboot flash bootloader "name of bootloader image" and it's equivalent for the modem.

best was to find bootloader and modem is to either download google factory image and extract it from there or you can find one of the recovery flashable variants on XDA while i prefer the original which is a personal and certainly the safest preference.

If I understand correctly I can flash (via fastboot) MM bootloader and radio while keeping my KK rom? Or do I have to flash (fastboot) the MM factory image and wipe internal storage before flashing (via twrp) the nougat rom. (i dont talk about root or recovery because i dont have problems doing them)

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
If I understand correctly I can flash (via fastboot) MM bootloader and radio while keeping my KK rom? Or do I have to flash (fastboot) the MM factory image and wipe internal storage before flashing (via twrp) the nougat rom. (i dont talk about root or recovery because i dont have problems doing them)

always take latest, hence use NOUGAT bootloader, radio is optional but recommended, bootloader is mandatory when comeing from kitkat.

further no need to flash MM rom just jump from KK to N with a clean flash as explained above but AFTER you updated the bootloader.
should be clear, nothing specially out of the ordinary or complicated, simply flash the bootloader and clean install the rom you like = profit

Reactions: CaptainJimo

CaptainJimo

Apr 15, 2013
steamcommunity.com
always take latest, hence use NOUGAT bootloader, radio is optional but recommended, bootloader is mandatory when comeing from kitkat.

further no need to flash MM rom just jump from KK to N with a clean flash as explained above but AFTER you updated the bootloader.
should be clear, nothing specially out of the ordinary or complicated, simply flash the bootloader and clean install the rom you like = profit

I hadn't taken a factory image apart before (i've always flashed it whole, wiping internal storage), so thanks for enlightening me how easy it is to jump between KK, MM and Nougat. :victory:

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Gilbert
www.mcpartsguy.com
Having issues with phone on the 2/25 update. I can get to the dialer but when the call is made i lose the phone app and left with a heads up display which is unusable. Calls coming in... same issue. Notification priority is set to 6. I'm posting a catlog which shows some Wake locks? That would be out my area of knowledge. Hope someone can help

Attachments

• 2017-02-27-15-49-20.txt.zip
    120.4 KB · Views: 4

srikironji

Sep 2, 2013
Having issues with phone on the 2/25 update. I can get to the dialer but when the call is made i lose the phone app and left with a heads up display which is unusable. Calls coming in... same issue. Notification priority is set to 6. I'm posting a catlog which shows some Wake locks? That would be out my area of knowledge. Hope someone can help
I think its a theming issue already addressed in g+ community, fixed by westcrip

Reactions: solfly7

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Gilbert
www.mcpartsguy.com
I think its a theming issue already addressed in g+ community, fixed by westcrip
Yep that was it.. uninstalled overlay for "phone™ and it work's fine. Its always something dumb.. thanks for the info. Hope the next S.I.X. update with address that.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

Could i get a link to g+ thread?

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

Yep that was it.. uninstalled overlay for "phone™ and it work's fine. Its always something dumb.. thanks for the info. Hope the next S.I.X. update with address that.

---------- Post added at 03:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 AM ----------

I found it. Looks like its figured out like you said. I was just curious what the issue was.

Lizzad

Feb 13, 2012
Here is no issues . WORKS GREAT . long press and release power button while screen is off . torch will work .do not hold 1 min . than press kindly to turn it off . you should learn how to use it . its not a rom issue . user based problems . system will turn tourch off itself after time out . because its makes device too hot . do not expect 10 mins torch performance . its not a real torch . and your device is almost 4 years old .

Like I said, it doesn't happen with the switch in notification center, so I don't think it's about temperature. I used to use torch for about 5 mins, the gesture didn't last for 30 seconds sometimes. Clearly not user based problems.

hocuspocus69

Nov 26, 2014

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

I found it. Looks like its figured out like you said. I was just curious what the issue was.
i didn't find g+ link can yo share please

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

i Want to theme lockscreen weather changing font size but substratum doesn't be made to work on layout\ like keyguard_weather_view.xml too much outside reference id not found! can you expose font size of lockscreen weather for themer in a next release.... Thanx

Reactions: solfly7

magnamentis

Jul 30, 2013
Al-Ándalus
magnamentis.com
I hadn't taken a factory image apart before (i've always flashed it whole, wiping internal storage), so thanks for enlightening me how easy it is to jump between KK, MM and Nougat. :victory:

you simply open the zip which is a zip in the meaning of compression and not flashable via recovery and once you have the zip open you simply copy/paste or drage the file (boodloader.img) out of it, same for any other file you need, it's easy and foolproof, no risks involved and no doctorate needed :)

Last edited:

solfly7

Jan 5, 2010
Gilbert
www.mcpartsguy.com
i didn't find g+ link can yo share please

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

i Want to theme lockscreen weather changing font size but substratum doesn't be made to work on layout\ like keyguard_weather_view.xml too much outside reference id not found! can you expose font size of lockscreen weather for themer in a next release.... Thanx
https://plus.google.com/communities/109352646351468373340
Here you go

---------- Post added at 06:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Theming for phone is fixed!!! in new update. Thanks to all the devs for your time and talent creating this custom ROM. :cowboy: :victory:

sand87ch

Dec 19, 2015
Kollam/Kerala
Hi All,

I have been facing freezes on the nexus 5,stuff one normally doesnt face on any nexus device.phone app gets stuck,sometimes browing gets stuck and it behave like samsung phones. i have the latest resurrection rom and elemental x.Has anyone faced similar issues?has it anything to do with using elemental kernel with resurrection?

Hannibal226

Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hi All,

I have been facing freezes on the nexus 5,stuff one normally doesnt face on any nexus device.phone app gets stuck,sometimes browing gets stuck and it behave like samsung phones. i have the latest resurrection rom and elemental x.Has anyone faced similar issues?has it anything to do with using elemental kernel with resurrection?

Nope, only had one random reboot in maybe 4-5 month...
As I use standard rom without different kernel, u maybe gonna try this once.
Maybe it's related to ElementalX Kernel.

CHEERS!

hocuspocus69

Nov 26, 2014
Hi All,

Nope using latest resurrection rom + elementalx kernel...have you some theme on?

sand87ch

Dec 19, 2015
Kollam/Kerala
Nope.I have not used any theme.even while typing this my keyboard did get stuck 2 times.I am using open gapps pivo and very few apps like MX player,gaana,allo installed.anybody has anybidea.I had done a clean flash

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Nope, only had one random reboot in maybe 4-5 month...
As I use standard rom without different kernel, u maybe gonna try this once.
Maybe it's related to ElementalX Kernel.

CHEERS!

Yes its kind of strange.nexus +pico open gapps and rr.this hudnt be happening.I did a clean flash.that's why is suspect the kernel.I may have to wipe clean and install again to check

Top Liked Posts