Hands Down, The Mi Mix Has One Of The Best Cameras I Have Seen, Look At These...

Search This thread

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
I see many people are complaining about the image quality of the phone. From what I have personally seen I am amazed at the image quality which more than exceeded my expectations.

The following images are taken by myself, with some camera settings changed and manual shooting but no editing aside from cropping.

Most people are quick at talking absolute rubbish or simply have no idea how to use a camera or it's settings.

With some knowledge of photography and using manual settings, the Mi Mix is capable of amazing photos.

Please tell me what is so bad about these:

161c9lk.jpg

Same image cropped, look at the detail:

315haat.jpg

Another Angle:

sx2244.jpg

Same image as above cropped:

s60oz7.jpg

Image of the metal links:

dfd73m.jpg

Sample Image Of Rose:

awcagy.jpg

mscion

Jul 26, 2011
North Potomac
I see many people are complaining about the image quality of the phone. From what I have personally seen I am amazed at the image quality which more than exceeded my expectations.

The following images are taken by myself, with some camera settings changed and manual shooting but no editing aside from cropping.

Most people are quick at talking absolute rubbish or simply have no idea how to use a camera or it's settings.

With some knowledge of photography and using manual settings, the Mi Mix is capable of amazing photos.

Please tell me what is so bad about these:

Picture quality is excellent! Would you please share some of the settings and an idea of lighting. Thanks!

KingTing

Aug 4, 2015
it's really not as bad as other says, but it's not really that good. The bokeh in the last picture for example is pretty poor. There is also a lot of colour noise which you can see.
My biggest problem with it is the colour isn't accurate, sometimes it oversaturates way too much.

Here's my small impression:
http://imgur.com/a/R7cIo

kanej2006

Mar 22, 2008
London
Picture quality is excellent! Would you please share some of the settings and an idea of lighting. Thanks!

Thanks. Settings used:

Mode - Manual
Camera frame - 4:3
Picture Quality - High
Exposure Settings - Spot Metering
Contrast - Normal
Saturation - Normal
Sharpness - Higher
Iso - The lower the better due to noise. I usually use 100 or max 200. Any higher and noise levels will be too high.
Exposure - For beginners this is the tricky part. It all depends on available light. The higher the exposure the better, however, you need very good light for 500 or more. Otherwise in good to decent lighting you can use 60 or 100.

In really poor lighting you may have to go as low as 15 or 30 shutter speed. However, unless you have very calm hands you may get camera shake resulting in a slightly blurry image. It's hard to explain but practice various shutter speeds yourself in different lighting conditions to experience it for yourself.

it's really not as bad as other says, but it's not really that good. The bokeh in the last picture for example is pretty poor. There is also a lot of colour noise which you can see.
My biggest problem with it is the colour isn't accurate, sometimes it oversaturates way too much.

I do agree the bokkeh can be a little fuzzy but then again most camera phones are. You cannot compare the bokkeh from a camera phone to a DSLR. :D

With regards to noise, I do agree that there is slight noise even at Iso 100 and 200. That said, most other camera phones have some image noise due to the small sensors...

Still, should you have decent lighting, the Mi Mix is capable at taking some good pictures as long as it's set up correctly and the photographer knows what he is doing, not just point and shoot.

With regards to low light, there is no existing phone that can take decent images. Difficult and sensor size is too small. All you can do is either to balance the phone, use self timer and drop the exposure to 1/8 or even 1/4th of a second to get a clean image.

There will be some image noise due to the available light /darkness but these are the limits for any camera phone, not only the Mi Mix.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks. Settings used:

Mode - Manual
    Camera frame - 4:3
    Picture Quality - High
    Exposure Settings - Spot Metering
    Contrast - Normal
    Saturation - Normal
    Sharpness - Higher
    Iso - The lower the better due to noise. I usually use 100 or max 200. Any higher and noise levels will be too high.
    Exposure - For beginners this is the tricky part. It all depends on available light. The higher the exposure the better, however, you need very good light for 500 or more. Otherwise in good to decent lighting you can use 60 or 100.

In really poor lighting you may have to go as low as 15 or 30 shutter speed. However, unless you have very calm hands you may get camera shake resulting in a slightly blurry image. It's hard to explain but practice various shutter speeds yourself in different lighting conditions to experience it for yourself.

I do agree the bokkeh can be a little fuzzy but then again most camera phones are. You cannot compare the bokkeh from a camera phone to a DSLR. :D

With regards to noise, I do agree that there is slight noise even at Iso 100 and 200. That said, most other camera phones have some image noise due to the small sensors...

Still, should you have decent lighting, the Mi Mix is capable at taking some good pictures as long as it's set up correctly and the photographer knows what he is doing, not just point and shoot.

With regards to low light, there is no existing phone that can take decent images. Difficult and sensor size is too small. All you can do is either to balance the phone, use self timer and drop the exposure to 1/8 or even 1/4th of a second to get a clean image.

There will be some image noise due to the available light /darkness but these are the limits for any camera phone, not only the Mi Mix.