Question hard bricked my pixel 6?

Search This thread

nodozz

May 12, 2022
I was trying to root it but now when I turn it on I get the typical "your device is corrupt", then the "your bootloader is unlocked" message, I try to continue but it gets to the google logo screen then just reboots again. Do I just have any options or should I just send it in for recycling?

--edit--

Ok managed to get out of bootloop, for anyone experiencing this problem in the future get past the locked bootloader screen window 3 times, then let your phone sit and make sure it's not plugged in/charging, let it sit and it will eventually power down. Then you can get into recovery mode with power + volume down, then when you see the recovery logo power button + volume up. Then you can flash it.

Letting it fail 3 times and unplugged was the key for me, i don't know why maybe it was just my build (i think it was the nov build) but everything else just resulted in endless looping.

Last edited:

vandyman

Jul 30, 2012
S.Jersey
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6
I was trying to root it but now when I turn it on I get the typical "your device is corrupt", then the "your bootloader is unlocked" message, I try to continue but it gets to the google logo screen then just reboots again. Do I just have any options or should I just send it in for recycling?
You clearly have not done any research beforehand. It is always best to have a plan B before modding, so you can get back to square one.

Try reading the Pixel rooting guides to get the logictics of what is going on.

Bigbabyjesus

Mar 16, 2012
You should be alright,

Download image from here https://developers.google.com/android/images end extract onto your computer.

hold the power button down for like 30 seconds to power off phone then hold power + volume down to get into fastboot

with phone connected to computer go into extracted image and click flash-all. bat for windows or flash-all.sh for linux. Let it run. This should get you back to bootable OS.

SomeRandomGuy

Mar 17, 2008
Chicago
LG G4
LG G6
[Sorry I'm a n00b on Pixel phones.]

Do these things have EDL mode? Other than physically breaking the phone, EDL on a OnePlus (my last few phones) would absolutely save your bacon no matter how bad you soft-bricked the phone.

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6

Do these things have EDL mode? Other than physically breaking the phone, EDL on a OnePlus (my last few phones) would absolutely save your bacon no matter how bad you soft-bricked the phone.
The Pixel 2 XL did, but even if the 6 had that mode it wouldn't help. Google doesn't release EDL images for its devices.

Reactions: SomeRandomGuy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You clearly have not done any research beforehand. It is always best to have a plan B before modding, so you can get back to square one.

Try reading the Pixel rooting guides to get the logictics of what is going on.

The Pixel 2 XL did, but even if the 6 had that mode it wouldn't help. Google doesn't release EDL images for its devices.