• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hard Bricked OnePlus 6t Tmobile Version

Search This thread

Txdude35

Mar 5, 2017
Gorman
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
I have a Tmobile OnePlus 6T, hard bricked.
Mine gives the usb device malfunctioned error. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the qualcomm usb drivers. It recognizes the phone in the device manager as USB DEVICE DESCRIPTION FAILED. The MSM tool wont recognize it, and my phone wont boot in any other mode except EDL. It will not boot to bootloader or anything. Funny thing is, all I was trying to do was convert the T-Mobile version to international which I've done before. During that process, it hung at "recording downloading time". I let it go for 20 minutes, according to the guide it is supposed to take 5. I canceled the process, (I had done this one other time before, and it booted just fine) and now nothing works. I am not a noob at this. I can restore through fastboot if I could get it to boot into fastboot. I could restore through recovery via sideload if I could get it to boot into recovery. Please help.

*Moderators, I have searched high and low through the forums and I cannot find a thread with this problem that has any steps to solve it. I found one thread with a similar description but it is a year old, has no replies and the author managed to fix his phone on his own, with no description of how he did so.*

Last edited:
Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!

xijar

Oct 15, 2010
Mine gives the usb device malfunctioned error. I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the qualcomm usb drivers. It recognizes the phone in the device manager as USB DEVICE DESCRIPTION FAILED. The MSM tool wont recognize it, and my phone wont boot in any other mode except EDL. It will not boot to bootloader or anything. Funny thing is, all I was trying to do was convert the T-Mobile version to international which I've done before. During that process, it hung at "recording downloading time". I let it go for 20 minutes, according to the guide it is supposed to take 5. I canceled the process, (I had done this one other time before, and it booted just fine) and now nothing works. I am not a noob at this. I can restore through fastboot if I could get it to boot into fastboot. I could restore through recovery via sideload if I could get it to boot into recovery. Please help.

*Moderators, I have searched high and low through the forums and I cannot find a thread with this problem that has any steps to solve it. I found one thread with a similar description but it is a year old, has no replies and the author managed to fix his phone on his own, with no description of how he did so.*

The other of the previous post probably figured out how to get the device recognized by the computer. I would say see if you can use another computer/cable and see if it still has the same issue, if it does i'd probably be concerned about the device health. If the issue is gone on the other PC though then you likely have something wrong with either drivers or usb hardware on your PC. I would assume you've already tried using a different USB cable and port with your current PC.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.