• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[HARD BRICKED?] Turns on, shows Kindle logo, then flashes blue screen.

Search This thread

vinokirk

Mar 30, 2008
England
Hi all, completely stock HDX, it's my uncles.
The unit turns on, shows the Kindle logo, then flashes a blue screen, then reboots and loops.
Any ideas? Is it hard bricked?

Last edited:

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hi all, completely stock HDX, it's my uncles.
The unit turns on, shows the Kindle logo, then flashes a blue screen, then reboots and loops.
Any ideas? Is it hard bricked?
Could it be a duff battery?
ROM (FireOS) is not booting due to a corrupt image in the system partition or a hardware fault. Regardless, there is no mechanism to recover from this type of error on a locked/stock device short of board replacement (not for the faint of heart).

Battery is probably fine as boot failure/loop is repetitive and the device doesn't power down after a few cycles.

_Alex_

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 21, 2005
San Jose, CA
This happened to me too with an Apollo 3rd gen w/64 GB RAM, BL unlocked, w/ TWRP on Oct 2016 CM11.

So pissed because in the middle of normal operation, the screen faded, rebooted and repeatedly showed the blue screen. Tried to reboot a couple of times but kept boot looping w/ blue screen.

Had a recovery in TWRP, so I tried restoring, but partially through while attempting to write to the system partition, the screen went all garbled and the device never booted again.

Luckily, I had a warranty and they cashed me out. Still trying to find a decent replacement...