Hard Reset Won't Work On My Acer A100

Search This thread

craig105

Feb 18, 2013
I have tried a hard reset with the volume up button + power button until vibrates then switching screen lock on and off. I see the Erasing user data...Erasing cache... come up then I let go and all it does is gives me the acer logo and proceeds to bootup like normal. I have tried about 100 times lol

I am just trying to figure out how to reset the password on the device I purchased it and it was locked.

I have tried the update.zip thing which didn't work (see below)

Erasing Cache before SD update

SD Update cmd: recovery
--update-package=SDCARD: update.zip

Booting recovery kernel image

Recovery verified failed ...

The bootloader is: Bootloader v0.03.13-ICS: Starting fastboot USB download protocol

I am not sure if the bootloader is locked or not and I don't know if the tablet is rooted how would I check?

Thanks.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I have tried a hard reset with the volume up button + power button until vibrates then switching screen lock on and off. I see the Erasing user data...Erasing cache... come up then I let go and all it does is gives me the acer logo and proceeds to bootup like normal. I have tried about 100 times lol

I am just trying to figure out how to reset the password on the device I purchased it and it was locked.

The bootloader is: Bootloader v0.03.13-ICS: Starting fastboot USB download protocol

I am not sure if the bootloader is locked or not and I don't know if the tablet is rooted how would I check?

Thanks.

Sounds like someone relocked the boot loader with a custom recovery installed. It'll say unlocked if it is.

You could let it boot android and see if you can still adb in and get it unlocked again, if its failing to boot android and recovery you bought a tablet someone bricked.

Tapatalked from my GNex - JBSourcery 4.5.6

craig105

Feb 18, 2013
Sounds like someone relocked the boot loader with a custom recovery installed. It'll say unlocked if it is.

You could let it boot android and see if you can still adb in and get it unlocked again, if its failing to boot android and recovery you bought a tablet someone bricked.

Tapatalked from my GNex - JBSourcery 4.5.6

Yeah I think it's bricked luckily the guy at the pawn shop said I could take it back within 30 days since I purchased it with the unknown password on it.

I managed to get a 32gb Nexus 7 from craigslist for $170 today so happy with that.

Thanks!!

dragosgsm

Aug 29, 2010
BACAU

Thanks.

did you managet to unlock your tablet?
I have the same problem with a Acer Iconia A100 wich has user code...Tryed to hard reset it,I can get into recovery menu, but once the recovery menu appears the device won't take the wipe command.
I can scroll with vol buttons through comands:
-reboot system now,
-apply update from external storage
-wipe data/ factory reset
-wipe chache partition
-apply update from chache

it's just like I am not pressing the confirm button,but all butons are ok
any one has a fix for this problem ???????????

Last edited:

joker0221

Apr 23, 2012
Same issue

did you managet to unlock your tablet?
I have the same problem with a Acer Iconia A100 wich has user code...Tryed to hard reset it,I can get into recovery menu, but once the recovery menu appears the device won't take the wipe command.
I can scroll with vol buttons through comands:
-reboot system now,
-apply update from external storage
-wipe data/ factory reset
-wipe chache partition
-apply update from chache

it's just like I am not pressing the confirm button,but all butons are ok
any one has a fix for this problem ???????????

I'm having the exact same issue. I'll let you know what I figure out. I've had mine rooted previously, but have since done a stock ICS update, which removed root. I let the kid play with it for a year and now it's in the exact state you describe. I'm hoping to get it going so I don't need to buy him another tablet!