Hard-SPL - or How to Not Brick your Phone DOWNLOAD HERE, FLASHING LIGHTS!

Search This thread

Olipro

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
MOD WARNING: There are reports of this damaging phones, DO NOT USE until a fix is provided.

Further edit:
A member has reported :
"those with a SPL lower than 4.0.0.0 or something like that gets bricked. I just wanted to get this first post edited to reflect that so that people don't keep bricking their phones."
(Moderator: whether this is accurate or not I do not know - but use your own discretion)2nd Jan 2008

Hard-SPL for Herald is released!

if you somehow manage to kill your phone in the process of doing this then tough, it's not my fault.

once the SPL is on, it will protect itself from being overwritten.

the SPL is hardcoded to allow unsigned code and ignore your CID.

someone reported it somehow simunlocked their device after flashing an HTC brand ROM which is possible, but I doubt it.

When flashing, the RUU will go to 100% and your device will restart but the RUU will give an error; ignore this and close the RUU. to confirm, just reset into bootloader and check the version

PLEASE NOTE: THE DEVICE MUST BE SYNCED WITH ACTIVESYNC, DO NOT PUT THE DEVICE IN BOOTLOADER MODE MANUALLY

Attachments

• Hard-SPL-Herald.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 7,584
Last edited by a moderator:

arc

Jul 21, 2005
Olipro
Differences g4 and h3 only for IPL.
SPL one for all chip.
USPL for Herald is made but is not published while.
Ask pof.

While we prepare new version - SPL and haret in one file.
Much problems when files apart -see thread USPL for Artemis and ELF.

neptune

May 25, 2006
London
sorry mate am quite busy atm, although if there aren't any volunteers in the immediate future I am sure I could work something out with some instructions

cheers

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Here's the beta version of USPL for herald, I did it a while ago but received few feedback: only 1 wing user (Paul from modaco) reported it working.

As beta, this does not flash SPL on device, to use just put the NBH you want to flash on the RUU folder and start herald-uspl.exe

Please report success or failure, remember it's beta, use at your own risk :)

I leave the final "Hard-SPL" version to you Olipro ;)

Attachments

• HERALD-USPL-beta3.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,464

duprade

Jun 4, 2007
Miami, Florida
www.davidduprat.com
Here's the beta version of USPL for herald, I did it a while ago but received few feedback: only 1 wing user (Paul from modaco) reported it working.

As beta, this does not flash SPL on device, to use just put the NBH you want to flash on the RUU folder and start herald-uspl.exe

This is the method I used for installing the PDAVIET v14 Rom and have used it successfully twice with my Wing.

arc

Jul 21, 2005
the device has a DoC, so you can read/write it with the appropriate pdoc tools.

any takers?

I prefer more safe method flash - original.
The Original flash allows to avoid the many problems -a choice of the addresses, model DOC etc and more correct.
Also any developers can use uspl.nbh and select spl for use in their own ROM.
In any event you may take for base spl and use in your tools.

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
I prefer more safe method flash - original.
The Original flash allows to avoid the many problems -a choice of the addresses, model DOC etc and more correct.
Also any developers can use uspl.nbh and select spl for use in their own ROM.
In any event you may take for base spl and use in your tools.

flashing a few hundred KB to the DOC is really not a bloody issue. and could you please explain what the sodding hell "original flash" means, since I would like to point out that the idea is to generate an SPL for the two separate DoC types.

PhamQuang

Apr 9, 2005
Volgograd
www.pdaviet.net

Thanks Pof !!!

Great tool !!!

arc

Jul 21, 2005
You load corrected spl in RAM and jump to it.
Hereinafter usual flash through RUU.

Details to ask pof

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
You load corrected spl in RAM and jump to it.
Hereinafter usual flash through RUU.

Details to ask pof

I've been speaking to pof, he put that post up for me in fact.

I looked at the file and noticed it contained haret, so I know exactly what the game is there.

I'll get an unpatched bootloader off pof and then deliver a bug-free patched SPL.

yangchao8115

Aug 10, 2007

POF,thanks to you,after I used your tool to flash my own ruu file,it really work.how successful you are.It work!!!!!

but I still have some question,
this beta still can't unbrick devices that bricked,since it have to work beyond activeSYNC,can you make it work under the bootloader.because they only can run on bootloader screen. many thanks to you.
thanks again.

yangchao8115

Aug 10, 2007
bricked......

pof
Olipro

help with this.

I used pof's beta tool,I change wm6 to wm5,now....it brick.

last it unbrick since I only change the os.nb to ruu file.but this I change all to wm5 vision,

it only can go into bootloader.and ipl is 4.17.0002 spl is 1.09.0001!!!!!

it bricked.

I try offical ruu wm6,it doesn't work and displayed "This update utility cannot be used for your pda phone. please get newer update utility."

what can I do now?

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Olipro

Sep 22, 2005
Your SPL
OK, I've created a patched ROM.

as I noted, it can be loaded with haret, so is anyone willing to test out 1.10.Olinex?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the device has a DoC, so you can read/write it with the appropriate pdoc tools.

any takers?