Harmony OS and GMS

Search This thread

forgotten_jp

Oct 27, 2011

Probably, we are going to need to wait until the non domestic beta... If I'm not mistaken in the domestic version of emui 11 there is no problem with installing GMS, but in the international it's not possible.

psychologe

Dec 3, 2018
if your mate40 is chinese version ..you can install GMS . if you upgrade to harmony os . GMS can normall run . i had test it .

tanipat

Nov 22, 2011
anybody can instruct how to update to Harmonyos now? They mentioned to go to My huawei app and get update but i cant see anything there, i have chinese version but i am not in china and non-chinese

Apr 2, 2021
That is the big question. I hope we can use these devices freely anymore..
just found out this dude in the huawei official webforum that say it works fine, can anyone confirm this?

Attachments

• huawei.PNG
    huawei.PNG
    162.7 KB · Views: 759
Apr 2, 2021
hey, found plenty ov videos now on reddit and yt showing it working but how do i update a non chinese version of the phone?

Rouz.

Jun 1, 2010
XDA
Hey guys. I have a MatePad Pro (the original one which was released in 2019), which I have purchased during my trip to China.

I had converted it to GMS first thing when I unpacked the device using Googlefier.

Yesterday I updated to Harmony OS and the GMS is still working perfectly fine. I was able to open Google Play, install apps, etc. same as before, zero issues.

So if you already have GMS installed on your phone / tablet, you can continue using it after updating to harmonyOS.

I hope this helps

numernumer

Oct 29, 2015
i just had my mate20 pro updated to harmony os, and all my previously intalled gsm apps works perfectly fine. been testing the apps and didnt have any errors so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys. I have a MatePad Pro (the original one which was released in 2019), which I have purchased during my trip to China.

I had converted it to GMS first thing when I unpacked the device using Googlefier.

Yesterday I updated to Harmony OS and the GMS is still working perfectly fine. I was able to open Google Play, install apps, etc. same as before, zero issues.

So if you already have GMS installed on your phone / tablet, you can continue using it after updating to harmonyOS.

I hope this helps
    Im hearing reports that Harmony OS can easily run GMS with no issues, can anyone confirm this?
    if your mate40 is chinese version ..you can install GMS . if you upgrade to harmony os . GMS can normall run . i had test it .

how or do you have instructions on installing gms?
    i just had my mate20 pro updated to harmony os, and all my previously intalled gsm apps works perfectly fine. been testing the apps and didnt have any errors so far.
    Yeah, but it's a China device not a global one..
    Can you actually INSTALL the GMS on a device running Harmony OS or can you only CONTINUE USING previously installed GMS apps?