• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Harmony OS update and Google

Search This thread

Roland Chen

Sep 16, 2021
Hi, I have a P30 (model ELE-AL00) bought from China a few years back. I have Youtube, Google Maps, Chrome browser, Play store, Gboard keyboard, Google, WPS Office, Office, Drive, Google Voice, ... apps installed on my P30 (with EMUI 11.0.0.155(C00E155R1P5)). Now I receive an update for Harmony OS 2.0.0.165. If I update from the current EMUI to Harmony OS, will I lose all the above Google apps and Microsoft apps? Thanks

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hi, I have a P30 (model ELE-AL00) bought from China a few years back. I have Youtube, Google Maps, Chrome browser, Play store, Gboard keyboard, Google, WPS Office, Office, Drive, Google Voice, ... apps installed on my P30 (with EMUI 11.0.0.155(C00E155R1P5)). Now I receive an update for Harmony OS 2.0.0.165. If I update from the current EMUI to Harmony OS, will I lose all the above Google apps and Microsoft apps? Thanks

Roland Chen

Sep 16, 2021
Thank you so much for the info and the link. I will upgrade my P30 to Harmony OS in the next few days.

jwoegerbauer

Jul 11, 2009
European Union
My guess is that everything that has to do with Google (apps / services) will no longer be installable / executable, and Huawei can also live well with it: Huawei's main market is China itself and the company holds there a market share of ~40 percent.

James_Watson

Feb 10, 2015
okblackcafe.blogspot.com
My guess is that everything that has to do with Google (apps / services) will no longer be installable / executable, and Huawei can also live well with it: Huawei's main market is China itself and the company holds there a market share of ~40 percent.
As far as I know, both Google apps and Microsoft apps will continue to work well on a Huawei P30 phone after the device upgrades from EMUI to Harmony OS.
Just please make sure that you have disabled the 'Pure Mode' on Harmony OS in order to sideload an apk.

Reactions: Roland Chen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As far as I know, both Google apps and Microsoft apps will continue to work well on a Huawei P30 phone after the device upgrades from EMUI to Harmony OS.
    Just please make sure that you have disabled the 'Pure Mode' on Harmony OS in order to sideload an apk.