Question [SOLVED] HarmonyOS Install on P50 Pro Global

Search This thread

wakleman

Sep 30, 2008
I did all, as u said. That's I was telling you is that when I tap in the trying now, it show the devices that are compatible with harmonyOs. And there are many devices.. The P50 Pro is not listed 😝 that's I was telling you.
Don't worry about the description. If you already Follow, and clear the cache. you need to wait for the server push the update to your phone. Try check again in 24 hours. It takes time to appear in your system update page.

alextsv39

May 24, 2022
Yes, very simple and straight forward. No need VPN, pull out simcard, turn off location, download firmware, or whatsoever.

1. Set region in system language & region to China. No need to change language.
2. Set country/region in App Gallery to China. Update app.
3. Set country/region in My Huawei to China. Update app.
4. Force stop both apps, and clear cache and clear data.
5. Restart phone.
6. Open both apps and make sure is set to China country/region.
7. Clear cache in My Huawei app before Tap the red button🔺🔴,
8. Tap blue "try it now" button in Chinese. It will go to system update page and automatically check for update. If no harmony os update available, try check for update every 24 hours is enough.
9. If I in Malaysia can updated, I believe everyone can update to the Harmony os using this method.
10. Don't change the country/region yet. Patience to check update and clear in app My Huawei cache every 24 hours 😁 no need to check every minute 🤪
Я тоже пытаюсь воспользоваться вашими инструкциями, но пока ничего не получается. Я уже пытался сделать то же самое с изменением региона на Гонконг (Китай), как ранее советовал один из пользователей в этой теме. Может быть, успех зависит от региона прошивки? Я нахожусь в России, модель JAD-LX9, регион прошивки C10.

Mod translation via GT: I am also trying to use your instructions, but so far nothing has worked. I have already tried to do the same with changing the region to Hong Kong (China) as previously advised by one of the users in this thread. Maybe success depends on the region of the firmware? I am in Russia, model JAD-LX9, firmware region C10.

Last edited by a moderator:

wakleman

Sep 30, 2008
Я тоже пытаюсь воспользоваться вашими инструкциями, но пока ничего не получается. Я уже пытался сделать то же самое с изменением региона на Гонконг (Китай), как ранее советовал один из пользователей в этой теме. Может быть, успех зависит от региона прошивки? Я нахожусь в России, модель JAD-LX9, регион прошивки C10.
I can't tell the exact time the update will appear to your phone. you have to wait. Give it time for the server to push the update to your phone. Be in China region and don't change until the update appear when you tap the blue button. You don't get immediately. Check and Tap regularly every 24 hours. I've read previous post some user get the update after 2 days. Be patience

Last edited:

Ironcze

Jul 3, 2022
Anyone succeeded with Huawei P50 pro global version JAD-LX9 + snappdragon 888? I'm waiting almost 4 days and still nothing. I do not have SIM card in my phone and I made everything: step by step by the video from "wakleman" (all regions - system + app gallery + my Huawei set to China, clear cache and data, restart...).

Reactions: icededo

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
Anyone succeeded with Huawei P50 pro global version JAD-LX9 + snappdragon 888? I'm waiting almost 4 days and still nothing. I do not have SIM card in my phone and I made everything: step by step by the video from "wakleman" (all regions - system + app gallery + my Huawei set to China, clear cache and data, restart...).
I also did all these steps.. It's the 3nd 4nd day and still nothing..

alextsv39

May 24, 2022
Коллеги, пожалуйста, сообщайте данные вашего смартфона, когда вы комментируете переход на HOS. Процессор, номер встроенного ПО и РЕГИОН ПРОШИВКИ!!! Например:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704_134025_com.huawei.android.hwouc_edit_6026787498794.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704_134025_com.huawei.android.hwouc_edit_6026787498794.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 68

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
Коллеги, пожалуйста, сообщайте данные вашего смартфона, когда вы комментируете переход на HOS. Процессор, номер встроенного ПО и РЕГИОН ПРОШИВКИ!!! Например:
I have this update. It's the latest.. But I also tried to change, smartphone country, appstore and my huawei to China, and I'm waiting for the HarmonyOS update

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704_150432_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20220704_150432_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 157

blueangelmda

May 21, 2011
I have this buid v. as well C432E3R4P1.
I'm thinking to change to some Asian release , for ex. Malaysian , then upgrade to hos, tried to download rom, cant find, also i don't know if this is technically possible. For previous models , i thik was possible to flash other region rom to same phone model. Anyone any ideas?

alextsv39

May 24, 2022
I have this buid v. as well C432E3R4P1.
I'm thinking to change to some Asian release , for ex. Malaysian , then upgrade to hos, tried to download rom, cant find, also i don't know if this is technically possible. For previous models , i thik was possible to flash other region rom to same phone model. Anyone any ideas?
Switching to the firmware of another region is fraught with teaching the "brick", I so mistakenly flashed the P40 lite, as a result, it no longer turned on. Be careful.
And yes, there are no firmware freely available on JAD-LX9. Thoughts are over.

Last edited:

jfer671

Jun 17, 2014
Dededo
Hi everyone...I'm thinking the Global Version was able to participate in the HOS transition as a batch only, if you happen to rollback to EMUI, you lose participation in the HOS update until a full package is ready to be pushed out for all regions.

I bought my P50 Pro JAD-LX9 (currently on 12.0.1.243 (C636E4R3P1) EMUI 12.0.1) in the Philippines back in April 2022, and received the "pop-up" request to upgrade to HOS in May, which I did and I was on HarmonyOS 2.1 for a few weeks until my stupidity decided to follow a youtube video to install Google GMS (but suggesting I rollback to EMUI first).

I wrote to Huawei customer service and explained my situation. They replied the pop-up upgrade was more of a batch participation (I guess to find kinks in it so patches could be developed) for a better software upgrade.

Unfortunately, the participation ended and those who were able to update initially are the lucky ones to have HOS at this time...but again, if they rollback, they will lose the ability to update back to HOS until a full working update is finalized. (this according to my chat with the Huawei rep).

I tried all the suggestions in here and with help from the rep to update back to HOS2.1, but none have worked. Not giving up on the possibility to push the firmware via OTG, but I have yet to find it elsewhere.

Anyone have any other ideas on OTG? Otherwise, I will just wait patiently (impatiently ;P) for the full firmware update when it comes!

**BTW, I bought the phone on vacation in the Philippines and returned to Guam in May. I received the update to HOS already back in Guam at the end of May.

My settings were all on my timezone and region;
AppGallery - Macao, China (default, cannot change this region at all)
MyHuaweiAPP - United Kingdom (default, can change but didn't need to)
Language are Region - Guam

Last edited:

linustorl

Jul 5, 2022
I have P50 Pro JAD-LX9 SD 888 and it successfully updated to HarmonyOS 2.0.1

Attachments

• xda.jpeg
    xda.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 249

antongb

Sep 27, 2017
I successed update to HarmonyOS by changing the region into China in AppGallery, MyHuawei, and Languange Region.
I don't even clear cache them.

Attachments

• Updated to HOS.jpg
    Updated to HOS.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 189

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found a way to update. Please follow the below tutorial.
    1. Download the folder https://mega.nz/folder/hMI1CQ7B#2oIjaFuEIKaxdu2h6--nqA (GDrive Here thanks to @zefirz).
    2. Place this folder in a USB drive.
    3. Use an OTG cable to connect the USB drive to the P50 Pro.
    4. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* from the dial pad.
    5. Select option 4, and then option 1, press ok. The phone will restart and the upgrade will start.
    CAUTION
    ******** This process will wipe all the data.
    ******** I am not responsible for any bricks.

Important Points
    If you have trouble downloading the whole folder from mega, download the files individually and place on the USB drive. Make sure the folder structure is same on the USB drive as in the download link.

If you face error when copying files to USB drive, check the file system. Change the file system to either NTFS or exFAT.
    What is the point to update to harmony if you can't install gms anyway, plus for eu phones i think you will lose some lte bends. I have mate 40 rs chinese Chinese and in some countries lte reception is worse, anyone successful instead gms?
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    2. You CAN'T Loose LTE Bands because of a different rom. This is just not true.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.
    Bro. Try it with this video:

And tell me if it worked. For us, it did work with some small adjustments. I'll try to publish a little guide in the next days.

Edit: Guide is published. Unfortunately it seems to work only with the China Version of the p50 pro
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    2. You CAN'T Loose LTE Bands because of a different rom. This is just not true.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.
    Mission accomplished!!

1660641782188.png