• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Has an update broken Autofill on Xiaomi Poco X3?

Search This thread
Sep 2, 2021
Autofill seems to have been broken on my Xiaomi Poco X3 running MIUI Android 11.

On a webpage with a text entry box (search for items on site, etc). I get the usual drop-down list of previous search terms. Up to a few days ago, I was able to touch on a previous search term and have it used.

For the last few days I get the usual dropdown list but can't actually select anything!

It certainly happens on Brave browser and on Chrome.

I can still paste from the Gboard clipboard and use suggestions from Gboard.

So far I have cleared cache and forced stop on both Brave and Chrome browsers. I have rebooted. I have reinstalled Brave browser. I have uninstalled updates on GBoard and reinstalled.

Autofill remains broken.

There seems to be quite a few people asking the same question. See https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/1034943-how-fix-autofill-not-working.html#post7009398

Does anyone here have /know of similar issues? Has Xiaomi pushed out a faulty update?

Reactions: developerpritam

Lukus2021

Dec 6, 2021
The problem is with update 12.5.4.0 (Poco X3 NFC Global).

I was lucky enough to have two Poco X3 NFC (mine and my wife). She started complaining about this autofill problem. My phone was working fine. After comparing settings, I noticed her phone had updated to 12.5.4.0. Mine was still on 12.5.3 or whatever the previous official release was. I proceeded to update my phone to 12.5.4.0 like hers and sure enough, my autofill also stopped working. So the bug was introduced with that update.

Sep 2, 2021

I was lucky enough to have two Poco X3 NFC (mine and my wife). She started complaining about this autofill problem. My phone was working fine. After comparing settings, I noticed her phone had updated to 12.5.4.0. Mine was still on 12.5.3 or whatever the previous official release was. I proceeded to update my phone to 12.5.4.0 like hers and sure enough, my autofill also stopped working. So the bug was introduced with that update.
Thanks for that observation. My wife too has the same phone as me (both bought at the same time). Here is on 12.5.4.0 and doesn't exhibit this problem! I use Brave browser (Chrome derived) and Chrome itself. Hers just uses Chrome. Dunno if that is relevant.

What browser(s) are you using?

Sep 2, 2021

As above, you might like to talk to Xiaomi on Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/XiaomiSupport)
The more people piling in the better.

Lukus2021

Dec 6, 2021
Thanks for that observation. My wife too has the same phone as me (both bought at the same time). Here is on 12.5.4.0 and doesn't exhibit this problem! I use Brave browser (Chrome derived) and Chrome itself. Hers just uses Chrome. Dunno if that is relevant.

What browser(s) are you using?
That's strange. I still think the issue surfaced with the latest update but something differs between your phone and hers but who knows if it's a settting or what. I did try different browsers and the problem remains.

sg2grrr

Apr 20, 2012
Definitely the update. Went into Chrome app info (long press icon) and there was an option to uninstall update.

Since I did that auto fill now functions correctly

xgladys

Mar 1, 2017
Well, it seems latest versions of Chrome and Brave browser (Chrome based anyway) don't play nice with MIUI 12.5.4.
YMMV but this worked for me. I just uninstalled the Chrome updates and that restored Autofill there. I then found an earlier version of Brave on apkmirror, installed that and we have autofill there too.

Lukus2021

Dec 6, 2021
Yep. Latest Chrome update is the culprit. Just not sure if it got updated with the package as mine stopped working right after that update. Nevertheless, uninstalling the latest Chrome update restored the autofill function.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Autofill seems to have been broken on my Xiaomi Poco X3 running MIUI Android 11.

On a webpage with a text entry box (search for items on site, etc). I get the usual drop-down list of previous search terms. Up to a few days ago, I was able to touch on a previous search term and have it used.

For the last few days I get the usual dropdown list but can't actually select anything!

It certainly happens on Brave browser and on Chrome.

I can still paste from the Gboard clipboard and use suggestions from Gboard.

So far I have cleared cache and forced stop on both Brave and Chrome browsers. I have rebooted. I have reinstalled Brave browser. I have uninstalled updates on GBoard and reinstalled.

Autofill remains broken.

There seems to be quite a few people asking the same question. See https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/1034943-how-fix-autofill-not-working.html#post7009398

Does anyone here have /know of similar issues? Has Xiaomi pushed out a faulty update?