• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Has anybody been able to preorder?

Search This thread

Birdsfan

Jun 3, 2010
Doylestown, PA
I spent an hour on the pixel superfan presentation last night, decent information, mostly p/r stuff. They had pre-selected questions from I don't know who and they did a 9 question game with the top 70 scores getting P6's and P6Pro's. My tablet glitched out and none of my answers were recording, I kept getting some weird cached participant error.

krips2003

Sep 27, 2009
Louisville
You do realize that the ordering issues weren't an "accident", don't you? Google is big enough that they handle most of the traffic on the entire internet. A little thing like phone ordering is like nothing to them. The issues are all a SHOW to make it look like its more in demand than it really is. The fruit company does exactly the same thing.
Why so angry? Take a chill pill brother. For Apple, they know they know the sheep well. For Google doing what the Fruit company does, it doesn't make a good marketing ploy for them. Anyway, next time you need to take some chill pill before hitting your fingers on the keypad. It'll do good for you in the long run.
✌️🙏

TiltedAz

Oct 19, 2007
You do realize that the ordering issues weren't an "accident", don't you? Google is big enough that they handle most of the traffic on the entire internet. A little thing like phone ordering is like nothing to them. The issues are all a SHOW to make it look like its more in demand than it really is. The fruit company does exactly the same thing.

Aside from conspiracy theories, actual Pixel or iphone online purchase demand might be 100+ fold lighter than the website loading with tech savvy buyers (gawd forbid wholesalers too) using short cuts to accelerate the buying process, bots, users refreshing page and clicking many times per minute.

In the end these new product release events might be nothing more interesting than DDoS (distributed denial of service) attacks and there ain't much any website owner can do about that.

Did anyone else join Google One, or upgrade their storage to 2 TB to get an additional 10% back in store credit?

Before I attempted any preorder, I signed up for Google One 2 TB plan for $9.99 per month. Then, after many attempts, I placed my order for the Unlocked Pixel 6 Pro Stormy Black 512 GB and free Pixel Buds.

My 10% off showed up immediately when I placed the order and also on the confirmation page.

I'll probably have to pay for 1 or 2 months of Google One before the device ships and the credit is received, but I should still come out ahead.

View attachment 5437065
Yep! I did it for the 10%. I have $99 and some change waiting for me 30 days after my phone ships. I'll hopefully have it before black Friday week. Should be able to get some cool stuff on the cheap.

diesteldorf

Nov 22, 2010
Yep! I did it for the 10%. I have $99 and some change waiting for me 30 days after my phone ships. I'll hopefully have it before black Friday week. Should be able to get some cool stuff on the cheap.

Thanks for the Black Friday reminder. I figured the credit may be used toward a phone next year, since I don't purchase much from Google, other than phones, but they do offer some decent Black Friday deals.

I just hope that aren't selling the 6 or 6+ for half price in a month....LOL :)

Reactions: Atmazzz

akhan47

Oct 21, 2012
They do this *exactly the same* as goog. In fact, that's where goog learned how to make the demand look bigger than it really is -- fake technical problems, fake stock shortage, etc. Old trick/scam.
Disagree with this - they had genuine issues. Even Google employees were struggling.

I ordered the Macbook Pro with no issues whatsover

cd993

May 8, 2009
London
Pre-ordered on EE UK 24 month contract, 40gb data ,£50 monthly (that's with 20% student discout).
Estimated delivery Thurs 28th Oct

Sammae7

May 21, 2013
I struggled greatly and had various crashes. Very agitating. Around 6pm Eastern, I managed to get through. I originally wanted the Pixel 6, but sprung for the Pixel 6 Pro. Kind of want to swap it, but don't want to end up with nothing.

Reactions: galaxys

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
All colors and sizes of the Pixel 6 Pro are available in the US as of 3:00 PM Pacific on 10/20/21. For the 512 GB, it says arrives by Dec 14. Hoping this is temporary and that they ship much sooner. Yes, the Pixel Buds are back in stock too.

Top Liked Posts