• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Has anybody been able to preorder?

Search This thread

pixel-painter

Jan 9, 2009
Seattle
It was truly a pain in the ass, I sat there for a while before my order went through. I kept on refreshing, and going back and forth between the cart and order page. That being said I finally got my f$&$#@g Pixel 6 pro ordered... Woohoo!

I finally managed to order the 128gb version (not what I wanted) after about two and half hours with a delivery date sometime in December (wtf).

Checked a couple of hours later and I was able to add the 512gb version along with the pixel buds. Delivery of the phone next week, buds have already shipped.

Really disappointed in the way they rolled it out, although I guess we should have expected some horsepoop like this.

Provided they actually ship the phone next week I'll update this.

Sep 16, 2008
San Antonio
I just got the notice for this, tried ordering a sorta sunny 128, lots of crashes, then out of stock. Around 3pm got a black 128, showing 12/24-25 delivery, now Google shows 10/28-29.

masterchiefb117

Mar 31, 2010
Los Angeles
After the first few minutes of errors on the G Store, I gave up and went to the Best Buy Website where I was able to get 1 black and 1 white for my wife and me Pixel upgrades. It will be ready for pick up on Oct 28th. Sent a couple of friends to the Best buy website yesterday and they were able to secure one for the Oct 28th release date. I had to figure that the G Store wasn't going to handle the load so I told people to start looking at other locations just in case.

Allan_Hun

Mar 11, 2014
Gl.Rye
Utilizing 2 x X1 cores will drain the battery very fast. Samsung process node will drain the battery even faster...

NovaFox238

May 13, 2010
twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I went on the store as soon as the event went live, went through easily until I tried purchasing. Kept getting errors for hours. I tried every 30 mins or so throughout the day. About a few hours later I finally got one. Although didn't get the white I wanted, I settled for the alternative. Just happy I finally got through. It's been having ups and downs though, regardless.

qaelith.2112

Feb 2, 2012
Don't forget to add your free pixel buds a! Free for preordering.
I didn't know about it until I placed my order (after the same nearly endless tries as everyone else) and then got an e-mail from Google telling me about the deal. Now they're out of stock on everything and so re-ordering isn't an option. If only there were a way to get the free buds added after the order is placed, but I'm afraid I've just missed out on it!

Reactions: galaxys

galaxys

Recognized Contributor
May 9, 2007
Cosmos
OnePlus 9 Pro
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I didn't know about it until I placed my order (after the same nearly endless tries as everyone else) and then got an e-mail from Google telling me about the deal. Now they're out of stock on everything and so re-ordering isn't an option. If only there were a way to get the free buds added after the order is placed, but I'm afraid I've just missed out on it!
Some of us have called support, explained our order fiasco and they gave us the bud's! See here:

jughead75

Oct 21, 2012
I was able to snag a 6Pro 512gb. Kept refreshing the page and I got lucky. Also saw that those that did where getting delivery dates in November. My confirmation email says it will ship on the 28th and have it by weekend.

POMATu

Aug 24, 2010
yh i preordered just fine
Tho its some NFT type presale everything is outofstock then its there again then again outofstock

I messed up the earbuds ffs so had to cancel and order again
ffs due to that instead of november i will get it in january

Of course google support is busy and as a golden standard of google support button is greyed out so if you messed up earbuds just cancel and order again
The cancel button doesnt show up instantly you need to wait half an hour after the order

But yh god willing i will get it at least in january but with free earbuds

What a pathetic ****show tho could just add earbuds to cart automatically who dafuq doesnt need free earbuds? Is there any person on this planet who doesnt need free earbuds?

This is also very interesting from their email
We'll get started on your order. You'll see a temporary authorization hold on your account for this order, but you won’t be charged for an item until it ships. When it does, you'll get a shipping confirmation email.
Are they gonna hold it till January? How it is possible technically?

Last edited:

jarhead4life

Oct 21, 2021
I was able to get my order in yesterday after much refreshing and clicking and what not... but today as I basked in the glory of my order I noticed that it says I got the Fi version and not the unlocked. WTF! I never looked at the Fi because I live in a rural area and there is no coverage. Will I be able to use the Fi on Verizon? Or do I have to cancel my order and place another for the "unlocked" version?

mobilityguy

Aug 18, 2010
Boston, MA
No luck. Site crashed on me last night, after I put in all the order and trade-in information. This morning the one I wanted is sold out.

I think I'll wait till Black Friday, maybe save some money then.

mobilityguy

Aug 18, 2010
Boston, MA
I can get to the order page now but both the trade-in and extended support options are disabled, and the Pixel buds offer is no longer on the page.

jarhead4life

Oct 21, 2021
I can get to the order page now but both the trade-in and extended support options are disabled, and the Pixel buds offer is no longer on the page.
I was having odd things like that yesterday as well. But today I have had no issues getting phones into my cart. I continued to check today to see if the white 256 GB was in stock. I have been able to add to my cart (with ear buds) and go to checkout... but the delivery date is in January

Top Liked Posts