• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Has anybody been able to preorder?

Search This thread

Schroeder09

Nov 6, 2017
Anyone know if VoLTE and PREFERRED wifi calling options will be available on a p6 pro when brought to the Verizon network? I doubt I'm going to root this phone (isn't magisk over?), but I'm thinking I might want the option if I change my mind!

Are the 512GB versions only in certain colors or something? I clicked on an option of the pro on best buy's site. The option didn't even list a 512GB option that was greyed out or anything to suggest the model exists but is simply sold out. I don't see any sign of it at all.

Last edited:

jarhead4life

Oct 21, 2021
Anyone know if VoLTE and PREFERRED wifi calling options will be available on a p6 pro when brought to the Verizon network? I doubt I'm going to root this phone (isn't magisk over?), but I'm thinking I might want the option if I change my mind!

Are the 512GB versions only in certain colors or something? I clicked on an option of the pro on best buy's site. The option didn't even list a 512GB option that was greyed out or anything to suggest the model exists but is simply sold out. I don't see any sign of it at all.
The 512 GB is only available in Stormy Black in the Google Store
The 256 GB is available in Stormy Black and Cloudy White
The 128 GB is available in all three colors

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
You should come to Europe.

256 GB only available for Stormy Black, the rest only in 128GB. It's a joke. We don't even get a chance for 512 GB.

Classic Google.

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
You could try to order at a german store, they have at least the Stormy Black 256 GB version. Transport shouldn't cost much.
They don't ship outside of Germany, you need to use a mail forwarding service. That's a hassle.

Plus, the Pro isn't available anymore: it says "waiting list" now. Eh, I guess the 128 will do. (I still have about 20 gigs free on my 4 XL right now)

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Nope. The issue was genuine.
According to the official statement (people asked why the phones aren't available in India):

"Due to a variety of factors including global demand supply issues, we are not able to make our products available in all markets. We remain committed to our current Pixel phones and look forward to bringing future Pixel devices to more countries in the future"
Source: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/pixel-6-pro-india-launch-availability-plans-google-2581674

Actually that differs in Europe. Here 256 is only in Stormy Black, 128 in all three colours. 512GB version was never available in Europe... The pro is out of stock

copong

Jan 26, 2015
Google Nexus 4
Huawei Nexus 6P
The free pixel buds promotion is not in the UK is it? Right now you can preorder here and the buds are marked at £99 and no discounts during checkout.

The promotion I do see are the Bose headphones though.

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts

That's one of the reasons I ordered the Verizon model. Those of us who purchased the unlocked OnePlus 8 Pro never got native Wi-Fi call working on Verizon. I'm looking forward to being able to use ALL the options this phone offers.

mojorisin7178

Jun 26, 2011
Saint James
had my chromebook open and ready as soon as they said the price i was on it. But it seems every other diehard pixel fan was too. I was able to get it but i had to keep refreshing the browser to get on and then i made it to checkout and it wouldnt let me get to the payment. I then had to transfer to my phone because i had to go to work and i was riding my ebike and kept refreshing the page till i was able to get in. I had to pull over to complete the order. So i guess the point of the story is i had to be extremely persistent in order to get it done.

Schroeder09

Nov 6, 2017
Is there any reason not to just wait for a black Friday deal and see if this is going to be as good as they say? Every release since the P2 has been a disappointment and failure, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Any more opinions or knowledge on whether or not VoLTE and PREFERRED wifi-calling will be available on this phone if you bring an unlocked variant to Verizon? I have a p2xl, and have never had these options because I got the unlocked version so I could root the phone. Is that even a concern now? Right now rooting will indefinitely be killed with the end of magisk, right?

spotmark

Feb 18, 2010
Massachusetts
Is there any reason not to just wait for a black Friday deal and see if this is going to be as good as they say? Every release since the P2 has been a disappointment and failure, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Any more opinions or knowledge on whether or not VoLTE and PREFERRED wifi-calling will be available on this phone if you bring an unlocked variant to Verizon? I have a p2xl, and have never had these options because I got the unlocked version so I could root the phone. Is that even a concern now? Right now rooting will indefinitely be killed with the end of magisk, right?

After many years of buying only unlockable phones, I ordered the VZW version knowing that it probably won't be, and I'm okay with that.

As I replied to you above, as recently as the OnePlus 8 Pro, preferred Wi-Fi didn't work, so I wouldn't be surprised it that still holds true with the unlocked sixes.

GreenTutu

Oct 25, 2015
I agree, I've owned every iPhone with the exception of 13 and not even once the Pre order was anything but smooth!
I get the feeling Google seriously underestimated the interest — Apple can be assured of people queuing for hours outside stores, but no Google phone has achieved that cachet yet. I just say good on them! Hopefully a sign of things to come.

(FYI - pre-ordered my Kinda Coral 128 GB yesterday!)

Reactions: 94b20gsr

GreenTutu

Oct 25, 2015
The free pixel buds promotion is not in the UK is it? Right now you can preorder here and the buds are marked at £99 and no discounts during checkout.

The promotion I do see are the Bose headphones though.
No pixel buds anywhere, but the Bose are some seriously solid cans, with full Assistant integration (they actually partnered with Google for the latest versions of their over-ears)

bosox284

Mar 16, 2012
My pre-order got pushed back a week. White Pro 256GB, formerly 10/28-10/29, now 11/4-11/5

Top Liked Posts