• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Has anybody been able to preorder?

Search This thread

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
Interesting, On B&H Photo's website, The Pixel 6 Pro comes with Free Google Earbuds a $200 value??
Does Google Direct do this OR Bone You Into Buying them at some BS discount?

Says value of $139 Canadian. You have to add it to the order separately, records as a $139 item, and records the P6 at discounted rate.

KirkH420

Sep 30, 2010
Chicago
LG V20
OnePlus 7 Pro
Did Google ever fix the "Wrong remanufactured devices being sent to fill warranty claims" problem?

When I had an unlocked bootloader variant Pixel 2, it broke within a few months of use.
Google's standard operating procedure for this is to replace your brand new device with a remanufactured one.

They couldn't even get that right!
The reman plant that they were using, was not separating the different versions of the devices and they were basically sideloading 1 OEM rom.... the Locked bootloader version (aka the Verizon variant). Google sold the Unlocked Bootloader variant on their webstore only. Devices found at Bestbuy and Verizon were locked bootloaders.

They sent me 5 incorrect phones, which I might add, caused me to spend a great deal of time using my bust-ass backup device (LG v20). I like rooting my devices and Google allows for that...... but YOU try telling that to a stupid idiot phone rep! They'll tell you it's against the law. It was such a bad experience that I don't think I'll bother with pixels any more. Their phone representatives are not knowledgeable about Tech, I would find myself telling THEM how the devices worked more often than not. But beyond that, the entire process speaks to how Google cares about customers. We aren't customers, were what they mine data from. We're a commodity.

Besides,
When I finally convinced them to refund my purchase price, I moved to OnePlus and got a 7Pro.
That was over 2 years ago and I STILL cannot be more happy with this phone!!!!
I've never had a device that I loved for this long of time. It's still blazing fast and gets better radio reception (calls/bluetooth/wifi) than any of my previous devices ever did.

Anyway, I just thought I'd tell my story in case anyone wants to know how Google handles customer service problems. Before they order one of their garbage devices.

Reactions: diesteldorf

Ricardo_G

Apr 23, 2015
they cancelled my order "because it doesn’t align with our Sales Terms"
ffs
same here:

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Nothing New happening at Google. They are Truly The Most Pathetic Corp when It Comes To Release Date for A Flagship. I have been buying Flagships since (On First Release Day and Hour) since the Samsung Galaxy SII back on October 2011. Also Numerous Apple Flagships as well. No Manufacturer has ever had the issues Google has when releasing a Flagship. I swear to this JSYK. Google is the Most Pathetic Corp when It comes to Releasing A New Device That People Really Want.

I sat there and wasted over 4 hrs trying to buy the 512gb edition of the device and the basket crashed every single time. I finally said F*&^K Them. And here is the Kicker** I had issues with my Google Pixel 2 and I have been waiting with $395 in Google Store Credit to make the Best Purchase I can on this Device. So let's go deeper. I finally late in the morning at 330am get the device in the basket and *Of Course My Credit did not pop-up in the Buy Box. F**ck It. I bought it anyway. Secure in the knowledge that they could simply apply the Credit to the purchase from inside in the system prior to the actual ship date. After several emails, because Google is Too Dam Cheap To Even Have **Chat Order Support** (Let's Keep In Mind This Is an $1100 Purchase) so After Various emails, A Supervisor from The Sales Group said **Im Sorry** You Have To Cancel Aand Retry The Process. That's the Last Straw. So I will FU**kThem Wide Open. Ill use this phone till the last day or returnability and start a claim for a defective device.
At which time *They* will hopefully have the 512gb Unit in stock to repurchase and use my credit. **FU**K GOOGLE**
I had absolutely no problem ordering. I placed two seperate orders, one for my 6 Pro, then later in the day for my husband's 6. Website functioned perfectly, even used the $50 store credit I had when ordering the 6 Pro. Maybe I have better karma. ;)

wiseguyy

Jun 26, 2011
Where abouts unknown
Amazing, your Karma alone has you walking on water as if you are a Deity. I am shocked and amazed. As For those of us looking for the 512gb model *Unlocked, things are just a bit different. Yet I hale and Salute your greatness all the same. Please feel free to pass on your blessings to we underlings that are not worthy.

Reactions: xflowy

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I had absolutely no problem ordering. I placed two seperate orders, one for my 6 Pro, then later in the day for my husband's 6. Website functioned perfectly, even used the $50 store credit I had when ordering the 6 Pro. Maybe I have better karma. ;)
If wiseguyy is referring to the launch window where pre-orders were first available, he is right. The launch was a mess. It took me also 2 1/2 hours to get my order through, after about 5 times that the site crashed, deleted my shopping cart or gave me numerous errors. It now works, yes, but not at the time when Google had it's launch event. Google messed up, big time.

wiseguyy

Jun 26, 2011
Where abouts unknown
Well thanks to the Blessings from the Deity you said a prayer for me I was able to place the Order for what *I Need* the 512gb version Black of course. Wait for it....I see the estimated ship date in January 27 2022. "Holy S*#t" I am afraid once again Google has Crapped in my face simply by trying to get the device they decide to Launch with a BS stock allotment. I mean honestly January 27-31 2022??

I need some help here from my fellow XDA'ers would you wait till The End of January 2022 to get a Device that Launched on October 19th, 2021?? Please I need some responses of what your thoughts are here>?

Reactions: derekdauzat

mac796

Aug 20, 2014
Long Beach
Well thanks to the Blessings from the Deity you said a prayer for me I was able to place the Order for what *I Need* the 512gb version Black of course. Wait for it....I see the estimated ship date in January 27 2022. "Holy S*#t" I am afraid once again Google has Crapped in my face simply by trying to get the device they decide to Launch with a BS stock allotment. I mean honestly January 27-31 2022??

I need some help here from my fellow XDA'ers would you wait till The End of January 2022 to get a Device that Launched on October 19th, 2021?? Please I need some responses of what your thoughts are here>?
I would wait a bit my ship date has changed 3 times already

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018

Honestly? I think that the super huge storage is really more about bragging rights than an actual need. Phones are an incredibly inconvenient place for storing large amounts of data. They're vulnerable to being lost/stolen/damaged, and the process of copying data from them can be complicated, even if you have root. Consequently, its really important to keep data synchronized from the phone to somewhere else on an ongoing basis. If that's done, just occasionally delete the old crap from the phone.

Initially, I was thinking about going with 512GB, but.... (1) They only offered up to 256GB here in Canada, and (2) I realized that there really was no justification even for the extra $100 given that it really wouldn't be useful.

wiseguyy

Jun 26, 2011
Where abouts unknown
I ordered my 6 Pro 128 gb Stormy Black on Oct. 19th and it's scheduled to be delivered on Oct. 27-28. When will it most likely be dispatched?

Honestly? I think that the super huge storage is really more about bragging rights than an actual need. Phones are an incredibly inconvenient place for storing large amounts of data. They're vulnerable to being lost/stolen/damaged, and the process of copying data from them can be complicated, even if you have root. Consequently, its really important to keep data synchronized from the phone to somewhere else on an ongoing basis. If that's done, just occasionally delete the old crap from the phone.

Initially, I was thinking about going with 512GB, but.... (1) They only offered up to 256GB here in Canada, and (2) I realized that there really was no justification even for the extra $100 given that it really wouldn't be useful.
Honestly, No. 1. You're wrong. Bragging rights?? To what? That makes no sense at all. You're going to tell me in a casual conversation with a friend or in a group of friends and someone mentions "Oh cool I see you have the new Pixel 6 Pro" You're actually gonna spit out "Yea, and I didn't go the Poor Man's route and get the 128gb model, I stepped Up To The Plate for 512gb" I think you may be missing the point, when you consider for a measly $99 to double the storage capacity from 256gb to 512gb "It's A No Brainer". You may be asking why? because come the day your gonna flip it to get out of it (Sell It on Swappa) you maximize the selling price to the buyer. *That's The Point** Since there will be far fewer of the 512gb version available at any given time online that in and of itself drives the price much higher. (Supply and Demand Dictates Price) Let's also mention that online consumer storage is the name of the $$ money Game. Ill stick with Free storage and keep my usage down to pay $0.00 extra. "Never Trip Over Gold Looking For Pennies".
As for why I can make these statements I speak from experience ([email protected] QVY711)
42 Devices Sold at 100% Satisfaction: Swappa user since Oct. 14, 2013 (8 years)
As for my phone order, the Delivery date has stayed the same January 27, 2022. Now that is some Amazing ****!

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
If wiseguyy is referring to the launch window where pre-orders were first available, he is right. The launch was a mess. It took me also 2 1/2 hours to get my order through, after about 5 times that the site crashed, deleted my shopping cart or gave me numerous errors. It now works, yes, but not at the time when Google had it's launch event. Google messed up, big time.
I ordered within a couple of hours of the launch.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA

You must have some really 💩 karma 🤔 Both of my phones are still showing Oct 28-29 as received-by dates. I received both Buds yesterday.

Top Liked Posts