Question Has anybody been able to preorder?

Search This thread

This has me concerned if even Cnet can't get google to clarify these discrepancies. Ridiculous!
"As for buying directly from Google? You may want to hold off until the company clarifies what is going on" Well what a mess. I'm on T-Mobile and don't know what my phone will do. Guess I will find out when I get it.

Reactions: bobby janow

dmb219

Feb 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
I got a yellow pro today after almost an hour and a half but I missed the deal with the Pixel Buds. I was going to let it go but I was able to order a black Pro with the Pixel Buds and only wait an extra week so I went with that. I was teetering between yellow and black so no sweat there. I hated to miss out on the free buds. I'm either going to do a dbrand skin or a case so the black model is probably better. I like my phone without a case but this one might need one. I had an S21U for a while and it was too big and slippery to carry around without a case.

AlphaKoi

Jul 31, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Screenshot_20211019-215138__01.jpg

As listed before.... It'll work with everything. CNet's writer took the oversight in the chart as fact that it won't support sub 5G but that wouldn't make any sense. The lesser Pixel 6 supports it.... Naturally the flagship device that has greater specs will as well. All the websites that show the bands.... Which came from FCC data.....show this will connect to anything you receive from TMO. It's gonna be just fine. If I'm wrong.... Return it and pick one up from TMO..... They'll never run out. Pixel isn't in huge demand with that carrier or actually call Google. They'll tell you it's all supported.

Reactions: galaxys and Atmazzz

Zargon335

May 28, 2010
I received a shipping notification for the pixel buds. Tracking info isn't live yet, it will probably ship out tomorrow.

jasbur17

Sep 1, 2008
I started trying at the start of the show at 1PM EST on Google's site. Gave up and was able to get in an order for the Black Pro 256 at Best Buy. It says delivery by release date, 10/28.

diesteldorf

Nov 22, 2010
Did anyone else join Google One, or upgrade their storage to 2 TB to get an additional 10% back in store credit?

Before I attempted any preorder, I signed up for Google One 2 TB plan for $9.99 per month. Then, after many attempts, I placed my order for the Unlocked Pixel 6 Pro Stormy Black 512 GB and free Pixel Buds.

My 10% off showed up immediately when I placed the order and also on the confirmation page.

I'll probably have to pay for 1 or 2 months of Google One before the device ships and the credit is received, but I should still come out ahead.

google.PNG

Reactions: blastroid

samteeee

In Canada it took me 45 minutes to be able to check out to only miss out on Cloudy White indicating it's sold out! I decided to wait after the release date to be able to get the White but decided to come back after 15 minutes and out of the blue Cloudy White was back in stock! I squeezed one out and got the "Order Confirmed" email!
That is crazy!Pixel 6 Pro-b-Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 15.31.25 (2).png

talon662

Jan 21, 2011
I got in at ~4:30 PM EST. The Pixel 6 Pro Cloudy White 256 GB and pixel buds. Phone expected Oct 27-28

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Did anyone else join Google One, or upgrade their storage to 2 TB to get an additional 10% back in store credit?

Before I attempted any preorder, I signed up for Google One 2 TB plan for $9.99 per month. Then, after many attempts, I placed my order for the Unlocked Pixel 6 Pro Stormy Black 512 GB and free Pixel Buds.

My 10% off showed up immediately when I placed the order and also on the confirmation page.

I'll probably have to pay for 1 or 2 months of Google One before the device ships and the credit is received, but I should still come out ahead.

View attachment 5437065
Credit earned from this purchase will be added to your account 30 days after the order has shipped and can be used on the purchase of any Google Store device or accessory. It will expire 365 days after being added to your account. Learn more

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
Can you provide a link for that screen shot?
Does it really make sense that a US flagship phone will not connect to all 5g bands? I think we might have to wait for clarification or better yet some hands on experiences. The European versions are a horse of another color from what I can tell. I'm talking about the pro version as well as the regular P6. I believe the only difference will be UWB capability in the pro version which is not functional yet and probably won't be for another year or so.

96carboard

Jul 17, 2018
It's 2021 and Google still haven't figured out how to make pre-order a painful experience.

You do realize that the ordering issues weren't an "accident", don't you? Google is big enough that they handle most of the traffic on the entire internet. A little thing like phone ordering is like nothing to them. The issues are all a SHOW to make it look like its more in demand than it really is. The fruit company does exactly the same thing.

Top Liked Posts