Question Has Anyone Else Had This Issue Shooting 4K Video With The 3x Camera?

Search This thread

olafsand

Jan 25, 2011
my Problem is just in UHD60 recording. i can choose between 1x ,3x or 10x before start the recording. When i start to record i dont have this 3x or 10x button any more. but in FHD or UHD30 i have it after start.
Hold fnger on that 1X button and slide up or down to use zoom. Thats in 60UHD

babyboy3265

Sep 20, 2012
Jupiter
my Problem is just in UHD60 recording. i can choose between 1x ,3x or 10x before start the recording. When i start to record i dont have this 3x or 10x button any more. but in FHD or UHD30 i have it after start.
Yes that was done by Samsung on purpose for a few reasons, one of them being that at 60 FPS the phone has to shoot at a higher shutter speed. That in turn gets less light in and also significantly lowers the quality in lower light environments. So switching cameras while recording at 60FPS is emitted. It also has something to do with processing limitations at 4K which would give very inconsistent results if u would be switching cams at 60 fps.

It might be added in the future on newer phones.

Reactions: Keyvannn

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am no expert in photography or filming, but it may well be due to physical limitations of the camera icw software and not necessarily a bug.
    Not sure what is wrong here? If it is the blurriness and lack of focus when zoomed then that is normal as the 3x is too close to the subject to focus.
    I've added another video to the first post now showing a comparison between the 4K and 1080p videos. Also shoot in low light to show that it's not due to that.
    Same issue here, Android 12 One UI 4.0, S21 Ultra Exynos variant
    Yes, because UHD60 uses only one lense and not zoom lenses.
    Yes that was done by Samsung on purpose for a few reasons, one of them being that at 60 FPS the phone has to shoot at a higher shutter speed. That in turn gets less light in and also significantly lowers the quality in lower light environments. So switching cameras while recording at 60FPS is emitted. It also has something to do with processing limitations at 4K which would give very inconsistent results if u would be switching cams at 60 fps.

It might be added in the future on newer phones.